LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles
    I think SSBB would be nice this year, Nintendo really need to show the high quality games they are capable of as the current line up is fairly lack lustre.
    Zelda, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Party are all great but a lot say they are slightly under par for each for their series. Rushing more games won't help.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenNevets
    Zelda, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Party are all great but a lot say they are slightly under par for each for their series. Rushing more games won't help.
    That's to assume they haven't been working on mario kart for the wii for a while.

We have a tendency to assume something isn't in existence until we know about it.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    I think they have been working on SSBB for a little longer than you think, the continued push back of the release date indicates they have no intention of rushing this one through quickly. Also who thought Zelda was under par?

Jav
    Member #
    Friends
    5229-2722-4859-3921
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    im hoping its not true. id much raher have SSBB earlier than mario kart. why not let both continenets hve both at the same time?
    no point in letting the games go up against each other, let the kids save for one, play that and beat it then release the other when they have cash and looking for another great game.

mario kart is an all time classic, that is one of the games i am hanging out for.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Mario Kart is a classic, started on the SNES. I'd be surprised if they don't continue the sucsessful franchise on the Wii. I think they should add more characters, online play and no Double-Dash format. That rumor is good.
    Last edited by FR.; 10-03-2007 at 04:03 PM.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Jav
    Member #
    Friends
    5229-2722-4859-3921
    Quote Originally Posted by FR.
    Mario Kart is a classic, started on the N64.
    Started on SNES

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    That's to assume they haven't been working on mario kart for the wii for a while.

We have a tendency to assume something isn't in existence until we know about it.
    So are you assuming Nintendo has doubled their game development teams?

The amount of franchises coming on the system this early is higher then ussual. Coincidentally the general quality of the franchises out so far is lower then ussual.

I think it's safe to say they're doing a bit of rushing. Unless they are just losing it.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    So are you assuming Nintendo has doubled their game development teams?

The amount of franchises coming on the system this early is higher then ussual. Coincidentally the general quality of the franchises out so far is lower then ussual.

I think it's safe to say they're doing a bit of rushing. Unless they are just losing it.
    Perhaps the reason why games like Mario Party 8 are so shitty is because they have a lot of their resources focused elsewhere.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Perhaps the reason why games like Mario Party 8 are so shitty is because they have a lot of their resources focused elsewhere.
    I meen all Nintendo games out right now, Zelda and Super Paper Mario arn't shitty but look at the mass opinion and it'll be lower on these games then the previous ones. Not by much, neither were failures or anything but they are just a little under par from what should be expected.

I can dig up some statistics of review scores (both user and profesional) compared to release dates

And if they weren't rushing the cycle they'd have time (or resources) to make all of thier games high-quality. Mario Party 1 didn't suck and yet the Mario and Zelda of the time are often considered the best in the series.
    I'm just being general here though. As a whole if you compare the Nintendo line-up at this point in the systems life-span compared to where they were at with the other systems it just seems like it's going by much quicker and suffering because of that.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    You do realize the wii will be one year old this fall right?

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Ads