LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
  1. #21
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Rolex: Thank you. You have been rep'd. I thought I was alone in this opinion.

    I tried to post nearly the same thing on this forum many times and got met with anger or disbelief.

    The Wii version is essentially the same as the PS2 which wasnt as good as the GC graphics wise. The problem you see with cutscenes is because the GC version used the game engine to show cutscenes while the PS2/PC/Wii version use prerendered scenes. The funny part is that the PS2/PC/Wii version are using recordings of the scenes from the GC game engine! That is why the ISO of the PS2 verison is 3 times the size of the GC version.

    I think its really funny that the third most hyped game on the system is a port of a 2 year old game. I could go on but unfortunately most of the board members have a closed mind.
    Last edited by ciper; 07-13-2007 at 06:28 PM.

  2. #22
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Rolex: Thank you. You have been rep'd. I thought I was alone in this opinion.

    I tried to post nearly the same thing on this forum many times and got met with anger or disbelief.

    The Wii version is essentially the same as the PS2 which wasnt as good as the GC graphics wise. The problem you see with cutscenes is because the GC version used the game engine to show cutscenes while the PS2/PC/Wii version use prerendered scenes. The funny part is that the PS2/PC/Wii version are using recordings of the scenes from the GC game engine! That is why the ISO of the PS2 verison is 3 times the size of the GC version.

    I think its really funny that the third most hyped game on the system is a port of a 2 year old game. I could go on but unfortunately most of the board members have a closed mind.
    Ya I hate the closed minded members on this forum. Like those douchebags who say things like how RE4 is the most hyped game for the Wii. God you would think natural selection would have weeded them out a while ago.

    p.s. People like the wii version because of the wiimote. Don't be a whiney hater just because you already played the shit out of this game on a different console. Not everyone is competing for supreme dork of the galaxy.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  3. #23
    Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid XwiimasturX's Avatar
    Member #
    9398
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
    Posts
    421
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    im getting RE4 once i beat a couple games im working on right now. theres just too much to do

  4. #24
    No more stupid posts! gunsnroses's Avatar
    Member #
    28397
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    K-Town, Texas
    Posts
    228
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8487-7279-3996-8875
    i ordered it from barnes and noble so excitited itll be here in a few days =-)
    Geaux Tigers, Saints!

  5. #25
    Moody Loner Rolex's Avatar
    Member #
    10071
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    303
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    I think its really funny that the third most hyped game on the system is a port of a 2 year old game. I could go on but unfortunately most of the board members have a closed mind.
    Ciper - The problem is that people are taking the game on it's former merits and not as a stand alone title, hence the browbeating for some opinions on it.

    It's still a good game but not the wow that came out 2 years ago!! Capcom have surely basically used this a money maker for UC or to generate interest in UC. As far as I can tell Wii:RE4 hasn't the polish or effort put into it as the other games in the franchise to warrant a comparable review or the classic status that afforded the GC version!

    It's a port of a classic game, which is just that - a port! It was a very anticipated title but people knew what it was before it was released. For me it doesn't quite live up to the hype surrounding it.

    If you "want to go on" - my mind is at least open..
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

  6. #26
    One of the Oceanic 6 TortillaChip520's Avatar
    Member #
    26514
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ARizona
    Posts
    2,408
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i bought red steel and zelda as well, but i play re4 the most, hands down.

    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #27
    Jet-Set-Jesse En4Neo's Avatar
    Member #
    16323
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,744
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    So the graphics are the same as the ps2 version?!

    I really hope that's not true, but if it is so be it because the wii controls sound too awesome to pass up.

  8. #28
    Zelda Twilight Princess Link888's Avatar
    Member #
    30028
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    36
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    RE4 is pretty good. 8.5 in my view. But the graphics are a bit old and the controls arnt always good. This may sound kind of fussy but i relly dislike the type of font they use when selectioning somthing or getting some ammo or a green plant. It also looks kinda homebrand when you get some ammo or a plant.
    2 Wii Remotes
    2 Numchuks
    Wii Sports
    Resient Evil 4 Wii Edition
    Zelda Twlight Princess


    Register me 1313-4061-4656-8051

    [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIm_3zQuRbY

  9. #29
    Moody Loner Rolex's Avatar
    Member #
    10071
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    303
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    So the graphics are the same as the ps2 version?!

    I really hope that's not true, but if it is so be it because the wii controls sound too awesome to pass up.
    Yep, they are [graphics] imho slightly worse than the GC version at least! The bulk of the game is based on the PS2 for some reason [as I understand it].

    Don't think that this isn't a good game - it is - BUT it's a 2 year old port and as such is reflected in any criticism in this thread.

    Buy it, you won't be disappointed if you loved the original or have never played it before.

    It is a broken game in some ways and as such doesn't live up to it's billing, in my eyes. The controls aren't perfect but they do a good job!!
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

  10. #30
    Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50 Stallyon's Avatar
    Member #
    17569
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norion
    Posts
    277
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    Yep, they are [graphics] imho slightly worse than the GC version at least! The bulk of the game is based on the PS2 for some reason [as I understand it].

    Don't think that this isn't a good game - it is - BUT it's a 2 year old port and as such is reflected in any criticism in this thread.

    Buy it, you won't be disappointed if you loved the original or have never played it before.

    It is a broken game in some ways and as such doesn't live up to it's billing, in my eyes. The controls aren't perfect but they do a good job!!
    i do love this game - even more so because i havent played it another console so can not comment on the graphics. I've just finished the village section and am now touring the castle.

    still unsure as to what weapons to upgrade to (i've got the punisher, shotgun and tmp with stock). These weapons have worked up to now. The sound and the atmosphere in the game is eerily awesome. The only thing I dont like about the game is the whole shooting/walking thing. You can shoot or you can walk - you can never seem to do both. Perhaps leon never studied that at espionage school. Also, you can only aim in the window - it took me a while to get used to using the nunchuk to look all around while aiming. If they moved the screen around while aiming and have it so that i can run and shoot then I'd be a happy bunny

    Its those little bits in the game that get me as well - like if the pres'daughter is at the top of a ladder and your climbing up she'll assume our looking up her skirt


    Spoiler Alert!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts