+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    that's what were waiting to find out. what else will this board be used for
    I'm hopeful that there are some other applications, given how versatile a board like that could be, however Wii Fit is going to have sell very well to give the Balance Board a large enough install base for 3rd parties to risk much development time on it (A Wii Fit console bundle would help too). Devs want hardware to sell their software, they don't want to make software that's being depended on to sell hardware.

eta stallyon im not 300 lbs
    More or less?

It's initial purpose is still for fitness, so from a construction standpoint, you'd expect it to be able to support something along those lines. If you're 45kg, a higher maximum weight still benefits you--you just have to think of it in kilogram-hours. If it can support 136kgs (300lbs), 2-3 hours a week for 4 years, it can support 45kgs 3 times as long (or as long with significantly less chance of sensor failure).

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    I'm hopeful that there are some other applications, given how versatile a board like that could be, however Wii Fit is going to have sell very well to give the Balance Board a large enough install base for 3rd parties to risk much development time on it (A Wii Fit console bundle would help too). Devs want hardware to sell their software, they don't want to make software that's being depended on to sell hardware.

More or less?

It's initial purpose is still for fitness, so from a construction standpoint, you'd expect it to be able to support something along those lines. If you're 45kg, a higher maximum weight still benefits you--you just have to think of it in kilogram-hours. If it can support 136kgs (300lbs), 2-3 hours a week for 4 years, it can support 45kgs 3 times as long (or as long with significantly less chance of sensor failure).
    lol i am very much so less than 300. lol

anyways i am still all too curious about the wii board.

maybe and this may sound crazy but what about using it for dance dance revolution like the calorie burning setting? far fetched i know

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    maybe and this may sound crazy but what about using it for dance dance revolution like the calorie burning setting? far fetched i know
    That was in the video.

The only issue I have with the system now is the single disc.
    It would be great if I could warm up with WiiSports to get my WiiAge, switch over to Big Brain Academy to increase my Brain Size, and then finish up with WiiFit for the complete workout. But, I guess it would be too big of a deal to keep switching out the discs.

On top of that, it would be great if the Mii channel would show all the data related to a Mii (WiiAge, BrainSize, WiiFit) in the one place.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

The_Loose_Cannon
    why would the wii have a disc changer?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallyon
    considering you get an exercise board as well which has pressure sensors in as well then $70 for wiifit is not too pricy.
    Yeah, but even though it's larger, it's mostly plastic. And while it does have pressure sensors, it doesn't have the motion sensors, d-pad, trigger, and all the other buttons of a Wii remote.

As far as release date goes, until Nintendo makes an announcement, then any dates out there are basically just guesses. Look through some of the very old threads here about release dates and most of them were completely wrong.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363

That's funny you mentioned Dance-Dance Revolution because in the WiiFit trailer, they showed something very similar to Dance-Dance Revolution. Watch the trailer starting at 1:18

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlOG3PM_xHA[/MEDIA]

As you can see, the couple is doing a dance mechanism similar to Dance-Dance Revolution, a good idea on Nintendo's part.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351

Size would be an issue there. I don't think its big enough for DDR specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by logan
    But, I guess it would be too big of a deal to keep switching out the discs.
    I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, they released a WiiSports/Fit/Play combo disc at some point. There's no way those titles are pushing any DL DVD space limits. Is Big Brain Academy 3rd party?

And your data consolidation idea is a good one. Nintendo should consider that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Yeah, but even though it's larger, it's mostly plastic. And while it does have pressure sensors, it doesn't have the motion sensors, d-pad, trigger, and all the other buttons of a Wii remote.
    Buttons are cheap. Buttons don't make controllers expensive. Size (in this case), chips and sensors do. The large sensors designed to sense changes in something as heavy as the human body without breaking are likely more expensive than the simple accelormeters in the Wiimote. They have to be capable of taking a LOT MORE damage than a wiimote will ever experience. The wiimote-nunchuck can do some things the Balance board can't, but since there aren't that many people who can control a dpad/joystick with their toes (see youtube for exceptions), and fewer who would want to, it's no big loss. It does something the wiimote won't let do too. The cost of actually constructing/shipping this device is going to be higher than the Wiimote. Wii Fit may also be of more use than Wii Play (And thus worth more).
    Last edited by Wiinter; 07-16-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    why would the wii have a disc changer?
    Did you read the entire post?
    So, you can switch between your more popular games without having to remove the disc and put in another one.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSix
    Did you read the entire post?
    So, you can switch between your more popular games without having to remove the disc and put in another one.

no i understood that much but it was worded wierdly so my interpretation was “why a disc changer?”

the consolidation of all those 3 discs (like their collective information)would make a good wii channel.

my guess for average weight should be 250 or so at 6‘0 talk
    Last edited by The_Loose_Cannon; 07-16-2007 at 01:53 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    As far as release date goes, until Nintendo makes an announcement, then any dates out there are basically just guesses. Look through some of the very old threads here about release dates and most of them were completely wrong.
    Or even After they make an announcement. Delays happen. Often.

Though I'm surprised (/will be surprised if) they aren't going to find a way to make this happen before Christmas. They need to contract with better manufacturers or something (see Wii Shortages expected to continue past holidays).

Ads