Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2192-4083-8192-7034

wii fit 69.99? Jan '08 release?

According to an article I found, they are saying that Wii fit is probably going to be 69.99 and come out in Jan '08. They base it on preorder dates from Gamestop and other places. This could be false, but what do you all think about the price and release date?

http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/...-will-be-6999/

The_Loose_Cannon
    the price might be right, but the release date seems off. i never go by gamestops dates

Member #
    Friends
    Nice price, hope this is true. Just saw the E3 press conference for Nintendo! This among other things look REALLY good. Thanks for the info.

Signature by Syntax

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Let's say that this article is true, then this is a horrible choice for Nintendo, they should make the price at least $10 less so they can get more sales. I'm sure not many people are willing to pay $70 for WiiFit. Also, they should release the game in December so people can get it in the holiday season. You're probably thinking that it's expensive because of the Wii Board, but loom at this pattern:

WiiSports - Came with Wii
    WiiPlay - Came with WiiMote
    WiiFit - Comes with WiiBoard

Each Wii franchise came comes with some kind of accessory for the Wii, WiiPlay included the WiiMote for no extra charge. That's why the WiiBoard should be free, and included with the purchase of WiiFit.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

The_Loose_Cannon
    technically the wiimote wasn't free. it was $10

but i see where you are going. it should be like all the others at $49.99. even other nintendo games came out with extras like GT. that came with the steering wheel

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    The board is much larger than a wiimote and has to cost more to produce. I think its a fair price, unless wiifit is the only thing it is used for.

Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50 Stallyon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    Quote Originally Posted by jared19
    The board is much larger than a wiimote and has to cost more to produce. I think its a fair price, unless wiifit is the only thing it is used for.
    considering you get an exercise board as well which has pressure sensors in as well then $70 for wiifit is not too pricy. It'll be about 40 in the UK which is on par with some of the bigger games. Play.com may sell it at a reduced rate also.

I just hope it can cope with the weight but then when you think that the average size of an american is about 300 lbs then I'm sure I should be ok

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    technically the wiimote wasn't free. it was $10

but i see where you are going. it should be like all the others at $49.99. even other nintendo games came out with extras like GT. that came with the steering wheel
    Well, it would probably be more accurate to look at it as the Wiimote being 40$ and Wiiplay, not even at a Wii Sports level of quality, being 10$.
    Quote Originally Posted by FR
    You're probably thinking that it's expensive because of the Wii Board, but loom at this pattern:

WiiSports - Came with Wii
    WiiPlay - Came with WiiMote
    WiiFit - Comes with WiiBoard

Each Wii franchise came comes with some kind of accessory for the Wii, WiiPlay included the WiiMote for no extra charge.
    So you're saying WiiSports was reasonably priced at 250$ and came with a free pack-in Wii console? Everything you listed there supports this theorized price of Wii Fit. Wii Play was at best, a 20$ game, so while there may be some bundle discounting, there was nothing free there.

The Wii Balance Board is bound to be more expensive than a Wiimote in both construction and the cost of shipping. A 70$ price tag is hardly hefty considering the nature of the hardware. The balance board is not an empty plastic wheel. It's a complicated, expensive, wireless input device designed to be sturdy enough for fat people to flop around on it all day.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

The_Loose_Cannon
    that's what were waiting to find out. what else will this board be used for

eta stallyon im not 300 lbs
    Last edited by The_Loose_Cannon; 07-16-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    $20 for the game $50 for the board.
    Sounds like a fair price based on the costs of the mote and chuck.

And just like the mote and chuck, it will be used for more than just the game it came with.

Are they going to have WiiBrush so all those UK people can finally have clean teeth? That's if we are going to stereo type people.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads