Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Flip
    if football in da us was known as handbal instead of "NFL" it be "NHL" but thats already taken plus the NFL has been around for over 60years so ya kno they aint gunna change it anytime soon lol
    I know!!! People - It was just a suggestion the point is the US should give "football" to soccer and give american football a new name. Just my opinion - they probably aren't but oh well.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    in the uk football means football rival destiny
    Spoiler Alert!

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Why bring back a thread from the dead?

Dewy's Adventure Fan!!!!! Dewy_Fan93's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    mostly in england/britain
    i love dewy's adventure so much its going to be a great game.this sig was made by Almo Click the green mushroom if this post was helpful tell me if it was ill give some rep to thx please tell me if yoo have fire pokemon before we battle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by manufan15
    I know!!! People - It was just a suggestion the point is the US should give "football" to soccer and give american football a new name. Just my opinion - they probably aren't but oh well.
    no way, other way around. soccer should be the universal term. soccer or association football.... those're your choices

"The rules of football were codified in England by the Football Association in 1863, and the name association football was coined to distinguish the game from the other forms of football played at the time, specifically rugby football. The term soccer first appeared in the 1880s as a slang abbreviation of Association football, often credited to Charles Wreford-Brown.[19]

Today the sport is known by a number of names throughout the English-speaking world, the most common being football and soccer. Although FIFA, the sport's world governing body, defines the sport they govern as Association football in their statutes[20], the most commonly used term by that organisation and the International Olympic Committee is football."

-wikipedia

Ads