LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haku Gaming 2.5

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Haku Gaming 2.5

Welcome again to another exciting edition of the eruditely excellent forum post that presents another posse of perfectly written previews. Ok, some of that is a lie… but it alliterates so it’s ok.

Join me this week as I discuss one (and sadly only one game). However, I’ll justify it by calling this weeks Haku Gaming a “Friday the 13th special” (Instead of the truth that I’m lazy, and as I always type this up on Friday night, tired.)

Day Of Disaster

^Ray, the games protagonist^

So why is it a Friday the 13th special… simple. Buildings collapsing, tsunamis, floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruption, pyroclastic flow and rogue terrorist special forces stealing thermo-nuclear weapons… that’s a bit more than a “disaster” Nintendo.

That’s right this weeks game is “Day of Disaster” in which you play the role of Ray a former member of a elite rescue force, and clearly the only person capable of saving America. The game is to feature amazing physics and graphics to place you in the middle of the action and chaos. It’s seems to be a cool “Day after Tomorrow” type game, which would be cool enough in itself… but if that wasn’t enough they added terrorist-special-forces with nukes. Thus far we know there are foot missions swimming and racing down a mountain to avoid pyroclastic flows.

That right there sells the game to me… out racing 150km/h instantly carbonising liquid like rock and gas. I mean that stuff turns you into a statue. Can you honestly tell me you never dreamed of doing that… ok maybe but I have.

So in conclusion, Day of Disaster the wii exclusive survival/action game that looks set to start a franchise of it’s own.

Top 5: Or how I couldn’t think of ten things to put on this list

That’s right a brand new feature… maybe it’ll be recurring maybe it won’t I’m unpredictable like that. Your views on it would be greatly appreciated.

So what’s the theme of this weeks top 5? “Unluckiest video game characters”. Of course this is my own opinion and as it’s 9 o’clock on a Friday night not well researched but we’ll press on regardless.

5: Jack Bauer (24)~ Well he’s got a video game… ok the first two were filler.

4: John McClain (Die Hard)~ See above

3: Mario (Mario)~ Why, simple… “Thank you Mario. But are princess is in another castle.” How many castle are there? I mean seriously how many castle are there? Sure the princess may have been kidnapped ten times but Mario was unlucky enough to have to go to seven different castle before he got to the right one.

2: Lisa Trevor (Resident Evil)~ According to wikipedia she survived where as the unfortunate ones died. Yes how fortunate you were to be beaten/exploded/experimented on/shot/starved/nuked/etc. Actually I don’t know she survived all this, unlike are final entry.

1: Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) ~ How many times has he died? 10? 20??

So until next week… best of luck.

2. Ads

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    um you need a new hobby............

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    What can ya do? There just isn't enough info on games coming out right now. Thanks for the info.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Hehe I never quite understood the whole haku gaming thing... It seems different every time I have a look, can someone explain it to me? Is it a vehicle for reviews? Random rants about certain games? Or something else? Can someone help? Thanks.
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Member #
    Friends
    It's meant to be a vehicle for reviews and previews. But that dosn't stop it becoming a random rant about certain games.

Ads