LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I LIKE MONEY AND THE WII Mr Money's Avatar
    Member #
    bolton, survivor of the outbreak in Racoon City!
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2750-8731-4798-5755
    I think its a good idea. I think the wii should be a bit more like the 360, with better online like the xbox. You can pick your who's team you are on. Stuff like that. The wii is meant to be a next-gen console, but compared to the xbox 360 and ps3 it seems not as impressive. Yes, i agree its fun but the online functions need to be a lot better to catch up with the 360 and ps3. Most games should also be equiped with online like other games consoles.

Games i own for wii: Wii Sports/Play, Warioware SM,
    Resident Evil: UC, Super Mario Galaxy, MarioSCF, Links Crossbow Training
    MOH: Vanguard, Splinter Cell DA.

Games i own for DS: TLOZ:Phantom Hourglass, Pokemon Diamond, Dr Kawashima's More Brain Training

no one likes someone who begs for karma (respect)- Isaac Baily

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4746-3053-7091
    I think the best idea would be to use this gamerscore system to supply you with Wii points. It could take a while to earn a substantial number of points, but maybe earn a point for every hour of online play, and earn 5 points for every 50 points spent in the shop channel.

A system like this would encourage online play and more interest in their system. While Nintendo would lose some money from giving free points, 1) They may sell more systems because of this extra incentive or 2) They could increase the price of the VC or WiiWare games by a fraction of an amount to cover it.
    http://strandalo.us - Vote for your favorite Wii games!

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by eH9116
    I think the best idea would be to use this gamerscore system to supply you with Wii points. It could take a while to earn a substantial number of points, but maybe earn a point for every hour of online play, and earn 5 points for every 50 points spent in the shop channel.

A system like this would encourage online play and more interest in their system. While Nintendo would lose some money from giving free points, 1) They may sell more systems because of this extra incentive or 2) They could increase the price of the VC or WiiWare games by a fraction of an amount to cover it.
    That sounds like a damn good idea to me. I would like being able to earn wii points versus having to purchase them, and I agree it would spark more interest into the wii and wii online. I can only hope.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I'd love to see this, I haven't got a 360 but I've been considering it for a while and this is one of the factors that makes me want one.

You're actually getting something for doing things and getting far on games.. it's a great idea.

Wanna buy sum pegs, Dave? mushy_peas's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2266-7584-2659-5107
    i think it would be pretty sweet. although all my friends have xbox's and they say it becomes addictive that it turns into a chore to get points. even if they dont enjoy the game they try to get the points

join prinnys new forum:

Member #
    Friends
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    lol @ the people who just said that I was posting spam, its quite ironic because it just made your posts spam
    Also I really don't see the point in achievement points, if i'm going to finish a game, it doesn't motivate me anymore if a little popup comes and says i've done well, and the extra stuff (like kill 10,000 zombies) just adds cheapness in my opinion , anyone who really cares about their gamerscore needs to get a life.
    Last edited by Flagel; 07-22-2007 at 06:58 PM.
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    lol @ the people who just said that I was posting spam, its quite ironic because it just made your posts spam
    Also I really don't see the point in achievement points, if i'm going to finish a game, it doesn't motivate me anymore if a little popup comes and says i've done well, and the extra stuff (like kill 10,000 zombies) just adds cheapness in my opinion , anyone who really cares about their gamerscore needs to get a life.
    I disagree, it does motivate you, most everyone I know that owns a 360 likes the gamerscore feature and it gives them incentives to play even after they beat the game, to get side mission type things done. I don't think that it cheapens the games or wii in any way whatsoever. Its not caring about their gamerscore its just kind of a way to gauge yourself against others and how they're doing. As long as they gave you wii points for getting the achievements then I would like it, otherwise I don't think its entirely necessary.

Member #
    Friends
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    I disagree, it does motivate you, most everyone I know that owns a 360 likes the gamerscore feature and it gives them incentives to play even after they beat the game, to get side mission type things done. I don't think that it cheapens the games or wii in any way whatsoever. Its not caring about their gamerscore its just kind of a way to gauge yourself against others and how they're doing. As long as they gave you wii points for getting the achievements then I would like it, otherwise I don't think its entirely necessary.
    Ok I can see what you are saying, and I understand your opinion. But I see it this way, games are meant to be fun, if you didn't want to do the side bit, then it was probably because it wasn't fun, but if there are achievement points there it doesn't make the task any less/more fun, it just means that there is more of a reward at the end. So I see it as a bit unnecessary. Also it is kind of hard to gauge yourself against other peoples gamerscores, because there are always those hardcore losers who rent games just to beat them and unlock achievement points.

However if they gave out wii points for doing stuff to buy things on the VC then that is very different and it would definitely motivate me to do the extra things.
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    There are two huge things that Nintendo needs to implement (quickly) if they want to continue selling wii's so well:
    1. Gamerscore
    2. Achievements

I'm not saying to completely copy M$, they just need something similar. Why? Because it makes people buy games. In this day and age, people have multiple consoles. In fact, many have all three. So, if there is a must-have title coming out that is on all three consoles, which will the average gamer buy it for? Xbox 360 of course! When you beat a WiiGame do you get a gratifying message that says you just earned points that are completely useless? (lol, had to say it) Regardless of how useless the points are, they are addicting.
    People want to have goals. Its not just good enough to play a game to beat it anymore. Oh no. People used to play A GAME to rack up points on THAT PARTICULAR GAME. However, M$ ingeniously implemented that into the hardware whereas you can now rack up points from MULTIPLE games, rather than just that one.

...I suppose they need to master the art of online gaming before Ninty starts working on this...

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    Ok I can see what you are saying, and I understand your opinion. But I see it this way, games are meant to be fun, if you didn't want to do the side bit, then it was probably because it wasn't fun, but if there are achievement points there it doesn't make the task any less/more fun, it just means that there is more of a reward at the end. So I see it as a bit unnecessary. Also it is kind of hard to gauge yourself against other peoples gamerscores, because there are always those hardcore losers who rent games just to beat them and unlock achievement points.

However if they gave out wii points for doing stuff to buy things on the VC then that is very different and it would definitely motivate me to do the extra things.
    Yea, but on many occasions I didn't know there were "side missions" until I checked the achievement list on the game then went and did it and enjoyed it. Sure its not necessary, but I think that it would make the wii even more popular with the entire gaming community. Although popularity isn't something the wii is lacking.

I see your point with the comparison thing, sure you're going to get the hardcore gamers to have gamefly and get all the points for a game, send it back and do it again with the next game, but I'm thinking more about comparing yourself with your friends on live.

If they only would equate achievements to wii points, I would be one happy wii owner.

Ads