Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^Yes, I agree that we should earn WiiPoints for Achievements.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    There are two huge things that Nintendo needs to implement (quickly) if they want to continue selling wii's so well:
    1. Gamerscore
    2. Achievements

I'm not saying to completely copy M$, they just need something similar. Why? Because it makes people buy games. In this day and age, people have multiple consoles. In fact, many have all three. So, if there is a must-have title coming out that is on all three consoles, which will the average gamer buy it for? Xbox 360 of course! When you beat a WiiGame do you get a gratifying message that says you just earned points that are completely useless? (lol, had to say it) Regardless of how useless the points are, they are addicting.
    People want to have goals. Its not just good enough to play a game to beat it anymore. Oh no. People used to play A GAME to rack up points on THAT PARTICULAR GAME. However, M$ ingeniously implemented that into the hardware whereas you can now rack up points from MULTIPLE games, rather than just that one.

...I suppose they need to master the art of online gaming before Ninty starts working on this...

Nintendo won't do anything like that, and they will continue to see Wiis the same way it's selling now. Their strategy is different from M$ so they will never do anything remotely close to them. Since the launch of the 360 M$ has not made a profit yet (i have see the figures). And they had said that if they don't make any profit this generation, they won't be around for a next gen, so it seems like their business strategy is failing, their solution to all problem is to throw money at it and hope it solves the problem. If I were Nintendo, I would not change my strategy just for a few people, because eventually those people will stop buying games anyway.
    My friend codes at

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^Alright, I have a couple different responses, because you brought up a number of issues:

(Numbers are Mine)
    1. I agree that Nintendo wont change their marketing plan, however, I still think that adding those two things would help their market.
    2. Really? No profit? I knew they werent making profits off of the console, but they've sold hundreds of millions of games...This surprises me.
    3. You can expect M$ around for next generation, trust me.
    4. I didnt mean to change Nintendo's whole strategy. I would like them to implement these two things why'll still advertising to everyone. However, the hardcore fanbase seems to be fairly dissapointed with Nintendo, and after seeing them implement these two things, I am sure some people that had viewed Wii as 'kiddy' and bought a 360 or PS3 would come around full circle. They dont have to stop selling towards 'everyone' though...

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    5781-1229-3280-1523
    that is an awesome idea it would encourage users to actually complete games and be more satisfied, though i make myself complete all my games anyway i would enjoy spending the points

rep
    I WANT SONIC IN BRAWL AND HIS FRIENDS! i also want WOLF LINK AND MIDNA AS A PAIR, ZANT. yep i like zelda games, waluigi is good as well, crash bandicoot and spyro and rayman would fit into the game with ease

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Wii Points for achievements would be a brilliants idea, I do think it would give people something more to aim for and make them play the game more to improve on scores. Surely something Nintendo wants!

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i love xbox360's achievment system especially online and would love for wii to have it and gamertags to show all the games youv played and how ar you have got

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Ads