LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I think it's cool .

I've got this game and I think it's wicked!!!!

There are lots of characters and loads of different events to choose from and not just track events either. It's a pretty energetic game so you have to be fit I reckon to play. If you have your mates over it's well fun to play.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Worst game I own.

Now you're talking to the typical argumentative type here, but seriously, trust me on this one, don't even waste your money renting it. There's nothing to the game, for one, there isn't even that many events and the whole thing seems babyish, even though there's just useless add on controls when it would be more effective using the simpler methods. It just tried, and failed.

I went out and got it on release date simple because I had money and I thought it would match up to Athens 2994 for the PS2. Oh God, I played a game on the PS2 and actually liked it, heck, it was freaking awesome, this game is nothing compared to it. It's breaking sweat for no apparent reason, you'll play for about five minutes and then get tired of it.

Another thing, the character statistics annoy me when they're so not obviously correct, Yoshi has a speed almost equal to Sonic and Shadow, and Peach isn't really that far behind. Bowser doesn't even pwn anything, Peach is the best for nearly any event, and that's not how it should go at all. Most of the characters fail, I would just stick to using Peach if you want a chance at circuit.

There's not much difficulty to the game, it just depends on how fast you can move your arms... Oh the innuendo... But, really, speed locks after a couple of seconds and you're stuck at that stage, so it's not like you even have to multitask with it, it tells you all step by step, a lot of boring steps, by the way. Let me sum it up, for nearly all the events you have to run by alternating the remote and the nunchuk and then press A or B for a jump.

Multiplayer is quite crap, high jump doesn't carry on forever, which really pisses me off, it doesn't match the Olympics at all. The only event I really enjoy is skeet shooting and that can get quite boring after a while.

Mario and Sonic fail together, basically, and Cream's voice pierces through my ears.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.
    Buy Athens 2004.

Yeah, I just recommended a Playstation 2 game.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    Thats why i want to get it too, i used to love those games. Track & Field, Hypersports, Decathalon (the 1500m would make most 'hardcore' gamers cry like little girls if they played it now), Summer Games etc.

Its worth getting for the nostalgia alone, add in Mario and Sonic together for the first time ever and the fact that its the type of game that is fun to play with friends ensured it a place on my Christmas list.
    you won't be disappointed. I'm still loving it and the ability to upload your best times and see how you're doing compared to the rest of the world is great. Come on you brits!!

Best bit is playing against mates. So far I've pulled a muscle in my shoulder and strained forearms trying not to let wifey beat me. She still won though

Very simple game but tricky to master everything, there's definitely a 'knack' to all events.

Let the Wii pwnage begin. sarasota's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    It's definitely a rental in my opinion, I liked it, but not enough to warrant the 50 bones........my kid loved it and wants it for Christmas, so guess I'll have it after all *LOL*

Do a barrel roll.Do it!Do doctorecs's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I think its only worth a rent too. I heard that game was realy mediocre

wii would like to play..now!

Member #
    Friends
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    Anyone else see the awesome commercial for this? They played The Final Countdown!

Thanks for the sig, gidget!

Gamertag: D1nner
    SSBB Code: 2878-9257-8140

Peach Smash Guild Member

Working on L4D Achievements 49/50 PM if wanna play

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by D1nner
    Anyone else see the awesome commercial for this? They played The Final Countdown!
    Singstar has that here.
    I love you, Adam.

Ads