+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7171-0126-0181-9068

Mario shooting game

Is a Mario shooter game a good idea?

The wii needs to attract hardcore gamers more efficiently. Mini-game pack after mini-game pack leaves the hardcore wii owner a little hungry for content. Right now I canít think of a more hardcore genre than the shooters. Halo 3, GTA IV, and Call of Duty 4 are all must have games for the hardcore fan. Why canít Mario join the party?

The success of the first person shooter genre is ridiculous. Halo by itself was capable of completely establishing xbox as valid video game system. This kind of success reminds me a lot of the fighting genre in the nineties. After Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II the market was flooded with these types of games. These games at the time were considered too violent and graphic so Nintendo never jumped on the bandwagon, until Super Smash Brothers.

The Super Smash Brothers franchise is one of the most beloved series a Nintendo fan has. Come on, who doesnít love a fight to the death between Samus and Link? What makes this game so good is the fact that the percentage system of fighting the game uses is genius. Instead of showing the sacrilege of a dead Mario, our friend just flies off the screen when defeated. It doesnít take anything away from the game being a good fighter; it adds a fresh twist to the genre, while eliminating the violence issue.

Why canít the same system be applied to a shooting game? Running around zapping each other off the mushroom kingdom map just sounds like too much fun. Make sure there is an online multi-player mode and you have a recipe for success. You get to tap into the hardcore gamerís favorite genre using the nostalgia of Mario and friends. I canít think of a better way to appease a hardcore crowd thatís hungry for some killer software on the wii.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    If you don't add in blood and all that, then it won't be a hardcore game (one more thing. Why are online FPS's the only games that are hardcore? Anything else is casual.)

If you add in the blood and all that, then it wouldn't be a Mario-type game, simply because Mario and his gang are like that.

If there's gonna be an online FPS, don't expect it to include a Nintendo character (Except the red-headed stepchild on the DS)
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    Nooo.

Currently Own:
    Hardware: Nintendo Wii, 4 Wii Remotes, 2 Nunchucks
    Games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3

vote for me....Wario! wario2ooo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0162-6929-7214-8876
    i......dont see it happening......mario and mushrooms plus blood and guns.......not a good combination
    SSBB= 2664-1935-2379
    Guitar hero 3= 283602180394
    Strikers FC= 236458-134911
    PBR CODE= 1678-1299-6385
    PKM FC=1847-8145-3579
    Guitar Hero WT: 000189824665
    TvsC: 4082-6902-6467

need help with anything, pm me
    I'm back....and bored

Member #
    Friends
    Mario and Shooter do not go together.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    The Mario franchise is targeted at a generally younger audience so Nintendo would never add blood and violence to a franchise that has been doing very well for the past 20 years.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid XwiimasturX's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i forgot who said it, but at an e3, like 3 or 4 years ago, someone said "mario will never be shooting hookers"

it was a metaphor saying nintendo, as a first party, will never make a bloody, extremely violent game.

and quite frankly, mario wouldnt make a good shooter.

and im sick of fps, there are too many on the market. it overshadows all the other *better* genres.

Member #
    Friends
    i think your getting a bit too desperate for a online FPS. Belive me, i CRAVE an online shooter for wii...and theres a few coming:

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (32 players online)
    Battalion wars 2 (third person shooter/real time stratergy)

Those are the announced ones, but Redsteel 2 seems inevitable, and online is a must to bring that game back to life. And others will follow, dont worry.

As for other hardcore shooters, try metroid Prime 3.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Well, mario won't be holding a gun or banging hookers any time soon, that I can promise.

Besides, hardcore gamers can still enjoy mario, and most of the wii games as now there are some games coming out that will appeal like Resi 4 and RE:UC and metroid 3.

Member #
    Friends
    6772-9484-5615-6705
    whats wrong with what we got.. halo 3, metroid 3, RE:4/UC, MOHone thats has 32 multiplayer), Redsteel 2,
    Pre-Apocalypse Wiichatter.
    Remaining Survivor of the Wii In Australia Members.

Ads