LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    See this is where we probably both agree. It does influence people in the way of giving already potential murderers ideas on how to kill people in brutal ways, but if a person is thinking of killing someone then their already screwed in the head. A game like this would give brutal ideas and give someone to copy them but if they don't play it they'll still do it but in their own sick way. I heard that Manhunt 2 has a very good chance of being released now exspecially that the US haven't banned it.
    Wii games I own: Medal Of Honour Heroes 2, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Resident Evil 4, Red Steel, Mario Strikers Charged, Fifa 08, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Accademy, Battalion Wars 2 and Wii Sports.

Wii Number: 2823 4586 3223 6887
    Friend Code for MSC: 463957 076941
    Fifa 08 player name: Woz

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozz500
    See this is where we probably both agree. It does influence people in the way of giving already potential murderers ideas on how to kill people in brutal ways, but if a person is thinking of killing someone then their already screwed in the head. A game like this would give brutal ideas and give someone to copy them but if they don't play it they'll still do it but in their own sick way. I heard that Manhunt 2 has a very good chance of being released now exspecially that the US haven't banned it.
    Yeah, for the game to influence you, you will need to be pretty influenced by other things, the game might put you over the edge or it might just give you ideas, That is where we agree.

As for the film's hostel and hostel 2, I am not sure where it is but some one was found long after they had endured lot's of torturing, by two men, both influenced by hostel films.

Member #
    Friends
    Yes which is awful for anyone to go through such a thing but the end of the day they would have just done the same thing some other way. Unfortunately we have to deal with people like this and not releasing a game like this won't change a thing. With everything you can find on the internet I'm pretty sure they'd be able to get some awful things off it, which to be honest is terrible, if anything needs to be policed more it is the internet. You see how did we here about all the violent stuff on the game? Internet is the number 1 culprit for giving people these terrible ideas.
    Wii games I own: Medal Of Honour Heroes 2, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Resident Evil 4, Red Steel, Mario Strikers Charged, Fifa 08, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Accademy, Battalion Wars 2 and Wii Sports.

Wii Number: 2823 4586 3223 6887
    Friend Code for MSC: 463957 076941
    Fifa 08 player name: Woz

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Yes which is awful for anyone to go through such a thing but the end of the day they would have just done the same thing some other way. Unfortunately we have to deal with people like this and not releasing a game like this won't change a thing. With everything you can find on the internet I'm pretty sure they'd be able to get some awful things off it, which to be honest is terrible, if anything needs to be policed more it is the internet. You see how did we here about all the violent stuff on the game? Internet is the number 1 culprit for giving people these terrible ideas.
    Yes, the internet is a massive problem, but containing it will be costly and difficult.

I mean the internet has piracy, peadofile, infomation etc.

Technology has now took a major part of our lives, which is a whole other story.

Member #
    Friends
    I'd still be old enough to buy it so can't say I care.

Member #
    Friends
    This whole banning games is BS. Every form of media has had sick stuff in it and I don't think crazy killers are any more rampant these days then ever before. There have been plenty of books,movies, tv shows, radio programs, etc that have been gory/scary/evil/etc

Banning games is just what conservative politicians do to win votes from idiots...

Member #
    Friends
    I stopped reading at the use of 'gay' in the context...

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not going to say this anymore times after this. Games are not to blame for people murdering people. It isn't justified whatsoever. Plenty of other things out there which are much worse.
    That's funny because the ones doing the killing were once influenced by those games. I find it annoying when people try to justify things for their own gain.
    My friend codes at

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by firedragon
    That's funny because the ones doing the killing were once influenced by those games. I find it annoying when people try to justify things for their own gain.
    I agree with the guy you quoted. Video games don't influence people - I'm sorry, they just don't. People know better... they do. And I find it funny that you say they 'justify this for their own gain.' This is what most of the people that blame video games are doing it for. Why should people be responcible for their actions when they can just blame video games or media. Most of the time, when vidoe games are blamed, it's completely wrong and sometimes they don't even own violent video games (see Viginia Tech Shooting. THAT is an example of personal game through the media.).

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Homesrfan
    I agree with the guy you quoted. Video games don't influence people - I'm sorry, they just don't. People know better... they do. And I find it funny that you say they 'justify this for their own gain.' This is what most of the people that blame video games are doing it for. Why should people be responcible for their actions when they can just blame video games or media. Most of the time, when vidoe games are blamed, it's completely wrong and sometimes they don't even own violent video games (see Viginia Tech Shooting. THAT is an example of personal game through the media.).

You'd be surprised of how much games can influence.

An example is they influenced us to come here.

They can help make the mind want to kill, but it wouldnt be the sole reason for a killing, there will be other reasons.

Ads