Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sleeping. Do not disturb. Kherrek508's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0215-4972-1267-8022
    Yeah they do, loads of people. Ever wonder what the other 50% of the MMO market are playing? :P

It is mainly because WoW has little to no challenge (ghostly corpse runs are a terrible idea, imo). I can also tell you how illegitimate that player base is.

WoW playerbase: about 6.5 million accounts.

.5 Million are chinese farmers
    2 million are the gamers just looking for something to play in Japan/Korea/China (countries where they have Lineage 2 and WoW and that is just about it for MMOs)
    1 million are the hardcore gaming wannabes that only play WoW because getting to hear a guy on teamspeak scream out strats make them feel special and epic, like a character in an FPS, while they just sit there and ignore real life
    1 million are the WoW kiddies (who have never touched any games other than Halo on their XBoX) who f**k up the game's community
    .5 million are the second (or third) account of players who like to have multiple PCs on the game at once
    1 million are Warcraft fanatics that are biased against anything other than the work of their precious Blizzard, who I must admit did create some pretty awesome RTS games in the company's time
    .5 million just decided to jump in randomly because they judged the quality of the game by the numbers of subscribers

The real MMOers are into games like EQ and DAOC, FFXI (which actually kind of sucked), COH/COV, and the older MMO games that have alot of meat on their bones. And, alot of the main playerbase for the genre tried WoW and was sickened by the repetitive simplicity of the game. Ultimately, WoW has 15 million accounts, while about 6.5 million are active.

Back on topic, a Mario MMO would be kind of cool. Although, a Zelda MMO could really be a winner.

Member #
    Friends
    What about the people who loved Warcraft 3 and thought this would be cool?

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Sleeping. Do not disturb. Kherrek508's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0215-4972-1267-8022
    I actually mentioned them. There are fragments of what could be a solid playerbase here and there. But the chinese farmers and wow kiddies are the menace behind wow's simplicity, the wow kiddies take it for granted and the farmers leech off of it for money.

Member #
    Friends
    I am getting sick of Mario. I wish he would just die. Although I am a fan of mario I think he is great character but they are taking it to the extreme with him. Mario probably have over a hundred games by now. The reason why mario is getting so much attention because he is the masscott of nintendo. If he wasn't the mascott he wouldn't be so popular. I tell you what though. Link is more popular than Mario anyday.
    Legend of Zelda#1 Series

Member #
    Friends
    mario 64 was the game that sold the nintendo 64... i doubt nintendo would drop their flagship character... mario is your instant pick up and play... zelda is a game with big stories lines and character progression... which doesnt appeal to some.. (although i like Zelda alot)

... to me they are of equal appeal

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    I think Mario is great and all, but by sqeezing him into every genre of game, from football to golf to platformer to tetris, they water down the franchise.

Think about the movie The Godfather, or for you younger ones, The Lord of the Rings movies. Great movies, right? Well what if they made 10 Lord of the Ring movies, some the original style, some set in the future, some anime-style. While they might be the coolist anime-movies you've ever seen, the story is lost.

I think, in general, that Nintendo falls back on its main three franchises: Metroid, Zelda, and Mario. While they are each great in their own way, I really hope we see more Red Steels, more original franchises that are unique and deep in their own way. This will leave us, the gamers, with innovative new games as well as well-made and focused tried and true franchises like Mario.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Well Red Steel isn't Nintendo's but some games like Mario Tennis (better make a Wii sequel where you run with nunchuka and do differnet hits with wiimote) and Mario Strikers (never played but heard its good) others like Tetris and Golf..is just to far.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    this has always been the problem with nintendo, they put everything on their main characters (which put me off the GC)

but you cant say the Mario64 is a newer version of Mario Bros, they are completely different but with the same lead characters

zelda is the same, same characters but all 3d and lovely

oh and metriod

but nintendo has added some completely different this time...

the control mechanics

but yes i agree, they should concentrate on some new titles and push the 3d party angle more

Member #
    Friends
    that would be awesome like maybe they make a "make a level" option on the game and you could try everybody elses online it would be sweet and it would give the option of making invisible blocks and enemys and every thing

Member #
    Friends
    I guess someone was kinda thinking the same way
    this is a mario game of different randomly generated levels each time you play! its awesome! and, well, its never ending!
    http://addictinggames.com/infinitemariobros.html

Ads