LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'll be picking it up tonight as I preordered and paid in full. I didn't get 07 so this will be my first on the Wii. It will also be my first madden purchase in SEVERAL years. I've rented a couple but they game just got entirely too complex over the years and for the casual player it just takes too damn long to master it. I like the simplified mode than can graduate to advanced. I'm hoping I can turn it on and start playing immediately and not have to learn to press left+bumper+rotate stick+x,x,y, down dpad, X, Left Trigger complete a run to the left. We'll see. I'll post a review tomorrow if I have a chance.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn
    I'll be picking it up tonight as I preordered and paid in full. I didn't get 07 so this will be my first on the Wii. It will also be my first madden purchase in SEVERAL years. I've rented a couple but they game just got entirely too complex over the years and for the casual player it just takes too damn long to master it. I like the simplified mode than can graduate to advanced. I'm hoping I can turn it on and start playing immediately and not have to learn to press left+bumper+rotate stick+x,x,y, down dpad, X, Left Trigger complete a run to the left. We'll see. I'll post a review tomorrow if I have a chance.
    Madden for Wii is very pick up and play, and yes, with the whole simplified thing Madden 08' should just be a breeze. Do please post that review with your thoughts on the subject.

Signature by Syntax

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    It really isnt that hard to get used to. After you do the tutorial, you can do most of the stuff. If you forget, they have an option to practice controls during the game. The only problem I had with 07 was some of the controls were hard to time. Like stiff arm, swating etc.. I hope they have those controls more responsive. From the previews I read, they are much better.

Member #
    Friends
    I will definately get this game. Party mode and online look awesome

Member #
    Friends
    Woot, just about to finish RE4 and I'll probably get Madden '08 really soon . The last time I played a Madden game was when it was launched with the Gamecube. I loved it then, I think it'll be a blast on the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    i REALLY wish someone that got the game today would post their thoughts on it...i get mine after work.....but i guess if u got it u would be playing now and not posting

Member #
    Friends
    2591-0261-4218-7197

got it

WOOT got madden '08 its a kewl game the problem is it is almost like '07 to me I haven't got to go online yet the controls are not different really A button is spin now and they have a lot to do with the 1 button which is difficult reaching all the way down there and C and Z are flipped around but I'd say it gets a 8 out of 10 game play hasn't changed really so if you have to '07 and like it just keep that one unless you want more game modes then get '08 Thanks for reading!
    Add me on Wii Online ( NEED FRIENDS ) PM Me First

WIILIKE2PLAY.com

Member #
    Friends
    5339-2221-6986-5954
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood
    i REALLY wish someone that got the game today would post their thoughts on it...i get mine after work.....but i guess if u got it u would be playing now and not posting
    I am very disappointed in this game.

What was EA thinking with this one? They basically took everything that was GOOD about Madden 07 Wii and threw it out the window. I am talking about

-No create-a-team
    -No create-a-player
    -No create-a-playbook
    -No create-a-fan
    -No pointer in-game to select players(this was huge on defense)
    -No owner mode
    -Online feels too slow
    -Online connection issues
    -PS2 assets
    -Poor looking crowd
    -Kicking controls not always responsive
    -Motion controls aren't unique enough
    -Telestrator only in party mode

I really hope they didn't take out all of these features for the sake Party/Family mode. If so, EA isn't getting my money for NBA Live later on this year.

Online is OK... . I have had some connection issues, online is a bit too slow, its like your players are playing in molasses.

4/10 so far. Madden NFL 07 Wii was better than the 360/PS3 versions, but I can't say the same about Madden NFL 08 Wii. It's like the two games switched places.

Member #
    Friends
    2591-0261-4218-7197

Madden

lol if you go to the EA website I think EA disabled chat since all the complaints! people keep saying its because of this time first online and stuff but why would they release it if the bugs are not all fixed they should extended the release date I would have been fine with that but not with a crappy game
    Last edited by Ronnie88; 08-14-2007 at 04:01 PM.
    Add me on Wii Online ( NEED FRIENDS ) PM Me First

WIILIKE2PLAY.com

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Mememe. Can't wait, i hope vince young will beat the "curse."
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads