LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hey man, I play lead guitar for a Christian band, and I have to say "just dont play that song." If the game forces you to play that song before you can unlock more, then just get a friend to do it or find a friend who has already unlocked to that point and use their save data. I wouldn't play the song either.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    i undstand how you feel, i feel the same way when playing god of war. which is why im reluctant to buy the 1st one and 2nd game.

as far as that mark of the beast stuff, im not feelin that, i wouldnt even wanna be associated with it, and maybe its best not to. remember the things that go in a man defilithe him

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    Quote Originally Posted by :krunksta:
    im catholic :P

o yea and catholics believe that u have to be sorry wit all ur heart to have ur sins forgiven unlike protestants and others who sin and ask for forgivness and then commit the same sin again

Dont think thats accurate my friend. Im a protestant and I dont believe that you sin ask forgiveness, do it agian ask forgiveness again again and again. You get my point. I believe were human and make mistakes and God forgives, but your definitely not doing the right thing by thinking "man Im going do this b/c I know God will forgive me later" that belief is not good.

About the game, noone can tell you what is right or wrong. Each person has things they stay away from. If God is convicting you over the game (you feel bad about getting it) then dont get it. If you continue to overlook those feelings, you will find yourself not living a christian life.

Member #
    Friends
    The song isn't endorsing worshiping the devil nor is it trying to get you to accept the number of the beast. The song came from a nightmare bassist Steve Harris had after watching the Omen 2. The song is about a guy who stumbles onto satanic worshiping. He decides to report it but eventually gets drawn into it.

The artwork for the album itself was more of a joke than anything. It certainly isn't endorsing devil worshiping. The front cover shows the band mascot Eddie holding the devil like a puppet. The "run to the hills" single cover shows Eddie fighting the devil. The "number of the beast" single cover shows Eddie holding the devil's severed head. That's hardly telling everyone to worship Satan.

I'm a Christian but I love that band and album. There's nothing wrong with the song, band, or album. Some people are too sensitive and make a judgement on something before they really look into it.

It's funny to me that you are worried about a song by Iron Maiden but aren't worried about playing a song by Slayer who have much more Satanic and anti-Christian imagery going on.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    ( Not religious ) but :

Dont play the song if you got a problem with it.

Also: Dont let religion control youre life? Whats the point of religion than?
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    This thread is not about choosing religion or not. Its about a person that is religious, that wants advice. Lets keep it in context so fighting dont happen. Religion is not a good topic to debate.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Its just a song, just like killing people in a game doesn't make you a killer. Religion is a dangerous thing.

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Its just a song, just like killing people in a game doesn't make you a killer. Religion is a dangerous thing.

Thats just an opinion. We all have them and thats cool. But you state that as a fact. The lack of religion is a dangerous thing in my opinion. No morals.
    I respect that a guy is staying true to himself. To you its just a song, but to him, it may be against what he feels is right.

Member #
    Friends
    if you truly feel guilty about this go to confessions
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Quote Originally Posted by jared19
    Thats just an opinion. We all have them and thats cool. But you state that as a fact. The lack of religion is a dangerous thing in my opinion. No morals.
    I respect that a guy is staying true to himself. To you its just a song, but to him, it may be against what he feels is right.
    Indeed its just my opinion. He can believe what he wants. Morals and religion are differant things though.

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Ads