Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

EA's Madden Response to me

My submission:
    My Madden 08 will not let me save anything I do in Franchise mode. I can't complete anything past the intitial setup. When I go through the training camp drills I can't save my progess because it kicks me back to the mini-game menu.

EA's Response:
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support. Iím sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Madden NFL 08. The developers are already aware of this issue and they are already looking into this. Meantime, try to manually save the game manually then disable the autosave feature and see if this helps.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you have other questions or concerns, I will do my best to address them.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Anthony C.
    EA Games Technical Support

Of course, I've already tried both save options...neither works. I am glad they at least took responsibility for the problem.

I haven't had any issues with the in-game play...just the side options like internet connection and game save. If those get patched, I'll be happy for now...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    The more I hear about this game the more I am freaking out about spending $50 bucks on a preorder that hasn't even arrived in the mail yet! Is it as bad as everyone says?

Member #
    Friends
    Honestly, once I'm in the game, the controls are responsive and if you adjust the sliders (just like in previous years) you can get it to your liking. If I could save my franchise, and had better success with online connection I'd have only one minor complaint...and that is the removal of create-a-player in franchise mode. However, you can find someone the age you want in the free agent pool, and edit them to whatever you need and sign them...so it's pretty much the same thing.

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    If the online play is fixed (and a patch is reported to be on the way) then the game is worth it to me. I still just cant figure out why they released this game with the flaws every is finding. You would think the tester had to see this.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    so itsgood or bad

*POST 2000*
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    Wii Brendo go to http://wii.ign.com/ and they have a video review showing the issues with the game.

Personally, the online thing is all that upsets me. But the game is so full of game modes that each individual likes different things. When you watch the video, you will see the flaws. After that, you will have to decide for yourself whether you want the game or not.

I mean it did still get a 8.5 with IGN and like an 8.0 with gamespot. How many wii games can say that? And they are supposedly fixing online so that will put the icing on the cake.

Member #
    Friends
    IN it's present condition, it's bad.

Post patch, it should be good.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jared19
    You would think the tester had to see this.
    You would think but this is the same company last year that released NHL 07 for the pc,xbox and ps2 with completly totally obvious flaws in the goaltending so nothing they do surprises me anymore.
    my wii number is
    8314 4155 7406 0563

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wiinight
    The more I hear about this game the more I am freaking out about spending $50 bucks on a preorder that hasn't even arrived in the mail yet! Is it as bad as everyone says?
    cancel it and get your money back if you can. get 07 used cheap instead.

Member #
    Friends
    I've yet to have any issues with the online gaming portion. They also improved the controls a little.

Ads