LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by TitansATB
    I'm going to pass on it. I was hoping for some online multiplayer. I'm not a hardcore metroid fan, but the online would have had me sold. I know I know its supposed to be a single player adventure game but maybe ill buy it sometime in the future but not right when it comes out.
    lack of online, or any multiplayer, whatsoever is really going to have a detrimental effect on sales of this game. this game could have been absolutely huge for the wii, and i still think that, to a certain extent, it will be a big release.

but i think that the reason we're not seeing a huge marketing campaign with this game is because nintendo knows that they kinda dropped the ball on multiplayer for metroid.

for a system that is all about multiplayer and playing together, this kind of creates an antithesis, and leads the way backward from where the wii is going.

should still be a solid game though. i'm gonna see how much bioshock pulls me into it for the first week, before i go out and buy metroid too.

the biggest thing with this game though, besides being a solid and polished game though, is the controls. that would be my number 1 reason for picking this up. most wii fans have been dying to get their hands on a fps that actually plays smooth b/c of the wiimote, not jerkier and more akward than most dual analog controlled games.

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    the controls have been compared to a mouse-and-keyboard many times. you can calibrate it to your liking.

even though the previews have been 480i and 4:3, the game can run in 480p and 16:9.

the game, like the previous 2 primes are classified as a First Person Adventure.

the point of the game is to find new items, backtrack, find more items, upgrade, backtrack until finally you can reach the final area. the only difference is that in this game, when you're moving from room-to-room, you shoot creatures with near-perfect control.

there are too many games now-a-days that involve any kind of shooting action that are put online. im sure at some point nintendo will design some type of shooting first game that they will put online, until then it's Medal of Honor Heroes 2.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Krizzle
    Yeah, just go and buy it, its like 5 dollars to buy it used and 10 dollars for a new one at gamestop or EBgames, bout same price as a rental, but its a great overall game, think it got 10 out of 10 on a lot of game magazine. You wont be dissapointed.
    No it's not, metroid prime 3 will be about $50 US at least.
    my wii number is
    8314 4155 7406 0563

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse1596
    No it's not, metroid prime 3 will be about $50 US at least.
    I think he was talking about Metroid Prime itself.

I'd say...

...Get it if you like PC FPS. I'd say get it if you like Adventure/Shooters.

Me, personally, I got into Metroid from Prime, so I kinda missed out so far (and no money yet to get the original on Virtual Console), but I can honestly say with a hand on my heart, that I've enjoyed almost every second I've played of Prime and Echoes. I'm psyched for Corruption.

Of course, you don't have to get it straight away. If you have any friends that have it, give it a go first, then decide.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Man, all you guys complaining about no online are really starting to annoy the crap out of me.
    "I would have been interested but no ONLINE! Oh yeah I was really excited but now I DONT CARE AT ALL! No online is REALLY gonna hurt this release!"

You morons have been caught up in the hype-of-the-day, that EVERY GAME has to have some stupid-ass online capablilities tacked onto it, or it's useless, and you'll "pass".
    Give me a break. How many great online gaming experiences have any of you had? There aren't even very many good games that are online AT ALL, unless you're talking PS2 war games or Splinter Cerll or something.
    So what IN THE WORLD are you guys blowing all this hot air about METROID, of all games, not having any online? Who gives a crap!?! Has ANY Metroid game had online multiplayer except Hunters which wasn't even a real game? NO! Did Smash Bros Melee have online multiplayer? NO!! Have ANY of the great game classics that you've grown up with had online multiplayer? NO!!!!

So stop trying to sound all cool and mature by complaining about something that isn't even a problem. What makes any of you think that the multiplayer would EVEN BE GOOD?!? It's as though you believe that if Metroid were to have it, it would be God's Gift to the Wii, and all would be beautiful forever. It probably would be kinda lame, like in Echoes, and we'd all go back and play the story mode again anyway.

My point is, Metroid has always been one of the best game franchises in Nintendo's history. Super Metroid was one of the VERY BEST games for the SNES, Metroid Prime was one of the VERY BEST games for the Gamecube, and I have no doubt WHATSOEVER, that MP3 will kick total and complete ass on the Wii. Lack of stupid online battles WON'T CHANGE THAT A BIT.

Seriously, you kids and your ADD-like impatience for what you think is so important and necessary in games is way off the mark. A great game is a great game, just go buy the damn thing and enjoy it for what it IS, instead of pooping your diapers about what it ISN'T.
    Also, learn to spell. Thanks.
    WWW.WEARETHEKEY.NET
    WEARETHEKEY.FREEFORUMS.ORG

Come join and help the world Evolve!

BRAWL CODE - 3265-4747-0770
    Wii Console - 2504-6852-5346-7730

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom* mk_south_london's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    Wiitime if u cannot easily beat zelda DO NOT TOUCH METROID. from my experience metroid prime on GC was the most uncompletable game ive had since banjo kazooie. Half the time u dont know what to do and u get rushed from monsters and stuff that come out of nowhere. metroid prime was impossible.
    Im really good at games like zelda and i complete every game i get apart from banjo and metroid.

if this game is like its predessecor then do not TOUCH. rent it

YOU SUCK^^^^

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by mk_south_london
    Wiitime if u cannot easily beat zelda DO NOT TOUCH METROID. from my experience metroid prime on GC was the most uncompletable game ive had since banjo kazooie. Half the time u dont know what to do and u get rushed from monsters and stuff that come out of nowhere. metroid prime was impossible.
    Im really good at games like zelda and i complete every game i get apart from banjo and metroid.

if this game is like its predessecor then do not TOUCH. rent it
    Metroid wasn't THAT bad. I mean, sure there was a bit of backtracking, and exploring, and heck, even shooting giant bad-guys, but it was far from impossible. You just had to devise a good Tactic.

Admittedly I gave up with Ridley, right at the end, but then I gto the ending from Youtube anyway.

Also, Banjo Kazooie was quite difficult, but I managed to get through it!

Besides, I thought people said that it was actually easier than 1 and 2 because of such great controls...
    Last edited by Squall7; 08-17-2007 at 04:23 PM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Thank you Transfixed. Finally somebody around here is talking some sense about metroid. I agree with you 100% especially about how if metroid went online it probably wouldn't be all that great anyways.
    my wii number is
    8314 4155 7406 0563

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfixed
    Man, all you guys complaining about no online are really starting to annoy the crap out of me.
    "I would have been interested but no ONLINE! Oh yeah I was really excited but now I DONT CARE AT ALL! No online is REALLY gonna hurt this release!"

You morons have been caught up in the hype-of-the-day, that EVERY GAME has to have some stupid-ass online capablilities tacked onto it, or it's useless, and you'll "pass".
    Give me a break. How many great online gaming experiences have any of you had? There aren't even very many good games that are online AT ALL, unless you're talking PS2 war games or Splinter Cerll or something.
    So what IN THE WORLD are you guys blowing all this hot air about METROID, of all games, not having any online? Who gives a crap!?! Has ANY Metroid game had online multiplayer except Hunters which wasn't even a real game? NO! Did Smash Bros Melee have online multiplayer? NO!! Have ANY of the great game classics that you've grown up with had online multiplayer? NO!!!!

So stop trying to sound all cool and mature by complaining about something that isn't even a problem. What makes any of you think that the multiplayer would EVEN BE GOOD?!? It's as though you believe that if Metroid were to have it, it would be God's Gift to the Wii, and all would be beautiful forever. It probably would be kinda lame, like in Echoes, and we'd all go back and play the story mode again anyway.

My point is, Metroid has always been one of the best game franchises in Nintendo's history. Super Metroid was one of the VERY BEST games for the SNES, Metroid Prime was one of the VERY BEST games for the Gamecube, and I have no doubt WHATSOEVER, that MP3 will kick total and complete ass on the Wii. Lack of stupid online battles WON'T CHANGE THAT A BIT.

Seriously, you kids and your ADD-like impatience for what you think is so important and necessary in games is way off the mark. A great game is a great game, just go buy the damn thing and enjoy it for what it IS, instead of pooping your diapers about what it ISN'T.
    Also, learn to spell. Thanks.
    i thought this rant was going to be amusing
    but then i read the first paragraph...
    "how many great online experiences have you had?" you obviously know NOTHING about online gaming.
    k i died in my game and decided to read the rest
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111
    hunters was extremely popular and still is. it makes people think: wow metroid hunters had online and was awesome so why couldnt it have online on the wii?
    this generation every console should and almost is online. games like SSBM last gen couldnt help the system enough for lack of online, while people were playing splinter cell, like you said, and halo on their other consoles.
    i esp. love your "trying to sound all cool and mature by complaining" part, that just jiggles my jollys. you must remember wiis little goal? get people who arent gamers and new gamers from other areas alike? well, these are the gamers, they come from ps2 and xbox with their online capablities, and they dont know what the **** metroid is besides its a first person shooter, so they naturally expect online for them to pick it up, people arent use to FPSs not being online.
    Last edited by Sovieto; 08-17-2007 at 02:42 PM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    i thought this rant was going to be amusing
    but then i read the first paragraph...
    "how many great online experiences have you had?" you obviously know NOTHING about online gaming.
    k i died in my game and decided to read the rest
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111
    hunters was extremely popular and still is. it makes people think: wow metroid hunters had online and was awesome so why couldnt it have online on the wii?
    this generation every console should and almost is online. games like SSBM last gen couldnt help the system enough for lack of online, while people were playing splinter cell, like you said, and halo on their other consoles.
    i esp. love your "trying to sound all cool and mature by complaining" part, that just jiggles my jollys. you must remember wiis little goal? get people who arent gamers and new gamers from other areas alike? well, these are the gamers, they come from ps2 and xbox with their online capablities, and they dont know what the **** metroid is besides its a first person shooter, so they naturally expect online for them to pick it up, people arent use to FPSs not being online.
    yup, that's right on. like it or not online IS a substantial part of contemporary gaming, no matter what console/genre of game you're playing

and @ transfixed:

the bottom line here is that nintendo missed an opportunity to make an excellent game even better. as consumers it is our duty to demand the best value for our dollar. accepting things at face value shouldn't be as common place as you make it sound.

it's okay to wish someone had worked a little harder on a game, or taken a little longer to add certain features. i'll still more than likely buy this game, despite it having what i feel are obvious shortcomings. im just calling a spade a spade.

and before you critique anyone's spelling mistakes you may want to research proper gramatical use of the hyphen.

Ads