+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    Well, I already guessed the storyline part (if it changed it wouldn't be a Mario game would it?) but I never knew about the 120 stars so thank you for the info. I hope it's longer/harder then SM64, just 'cause everyone loves a challenge (namely me )

I agree, I hope they use a different aproach for Super Mario Galaxy. We all know that in Super Mario 64, there was a total of 120 stars to collect to completely finish the game. However, people have finished the game with only 16 stars. In Super MArio Galaxy, I hope they make players use the game to it's full potential and make people collect all the stars if they would like to complete the game. No shorcuts, just rich, colorful and exciting gameplay.

Moving on, I must say that some of the new pictures look fantastic and some others don't appeal to me. It's a nice find none the less, Wii-Fi. I'm sure we won't be dissapointed with the game, after all, Mario is Nintendo's icon.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

something to die for plushbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I'm looking forward to it. I hope it's not too much like Mario 64. I hated that one.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm sure it will be. So many people love Mario 64 that Nintendo's bound to use it for some influence. Never got to play it myself, but with VC I will finally be able to.

What I hated myself was Super Mario Sunshine. Well, not quite hate, it was a decent game, but it didn't feel like a Mario game.

I've been thinking about the whole "Galaxy" thing, and I don't know if I like it yet. They couldn't have just made a clone of 64, as that's not like nintendo, but something about going upside down under a space mass that's only about 10 times bigger than you, and jumping from rock to rock with a star just isn't doing it for me. Maybe I'll eat my words when I actually play it though, which can happen occasionally.

The other parts of the game look nice though.

Edit: I agree with FR. Why bother playing through if you're just going to take the short way out. Of course, the first people did it just to show they could, and I'm sure they played the full game through at some point anyway.
    Last edited by gregjp48; 08-18-2007 at 01:31 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    yeah there should be extra incentives when you collect all 120 stars, something useful, won't matter to me if there isn't though, still looks pretty good. There's nothing on his back so i don't think it wil be like sunshine, what a diappointment. i bought it played for 5 days and lost interest as soon as i played every level. Glad you like the screens

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    2524-4702-5527-5865
    I liked seeing the release date the most Cant wait for this game along with Brawl. This will be a great winter
    Spoiler Alert!

MSC friend- 468259 850529

Rep me if I help you, please.

Member #
    Friends
    This game looks amazing!!!

Ads