Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    RE4 was proof there is such a lack of quality/good games on the Wii.
    Yet, the Wii is selling really well considering the "lack of quality/good games". Just imagine the sales figures if it did have "good games"...

Also, if RE5 goes back to its roots (survival horror) it wouldnt sell well on the Wii since there are so many younger players on the Wii, and survival-horror is too much for them.
    It's one thing if you keep your stereotypes to yourself, but it's another to actually use stereotypes to justify something you believe. Sure, there's young players for the Wii, but there's also a massive amount of 18+ players too. Also, that's not forgetting sales of stuff like Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Driver, The Godfather, Scarface etc... They seem relatively popular, for a console that is for "younger players".

But, seeing RE4, RE5 will just be another shooter.
    Reread:
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I think it'll be a step back to use the Resident Evil 4 gameplay mechanics on a standard controller again.
    Note, gameplay mechanics, not genre. The Wiimote meant that you responded better. The wiimote made the Wii edition of Resident Evil 4, better. It'll be a shame if we (devoted Resi Evil fans and Wii owners), could not play Resi Evil 5 in the same kind of way.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    RE4 was proof there is such a lack of quality/good games on the Wii. Also, if RE5 goes back to its roots (survival horror) it wouldnt sell well on the Wii since there are so many younger players on the Wii, and survival-horror is too much for them. But, seeing RE4, RE5 will just be another shooter.
    Sovieto, logically you're saying that Resident Evil 1 is not suitable for children but Resident Evil 4 is....i'm going to have to be a bit puzzled. I recall getting my head chainsawed off, Shooting people's heads to pieces, watching people burn alive, etc. How is that not "too much for them". You're not making too much sense there.

Also as far as not comparing to the PS3 and X-Box 360 versions, they're correct only graphically. But I would much rather play it on the wii with the motion sensing controls. They were just worlds more fun and better than using a gamepad. I can easilly see them porting this over eventually, let's not forget at one point Resident Evil was exclusive to gamecube, and magically Res 4 ended up on the PS2.

As for Umbrella Chronicles, I look forward to it. But it will not be Resident Evil, it'll moreso be Resident Evil and House of the Dead have a baby...which is fine by me.
    I am the Eggman. They are the Eggmen.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotnik
    Sovieto, logically you're saying that Resident Evil 1 is not suitable for children but Resident Evil 4 is....i'm going to have to be a bit puzzled. I recall getting my head chainsawed off, Shooting people's heads to pieces, watching people burn alive, etc. How is that not "too much for them". You're not making too much sense there.

Also as far as not comparing to the PS3 and X-Box 360 versions, they're correct only graphically. But I would much rather play it on the wii with the motion sensing controls. They were just worlds more fun and better than using a gamepad. I can easilly see them porting this over eventually, let's not forget at one point Resident Evil was exclusive to gamecube, and magically Res 4 ended up on the PS2.

As for Umbrella Chronicles, I look forward to it. But it will not be Resident Evil, it'll moreso be Resident Evil and House of the Dead have a baby...which is fine by me.
    kids couldnt handle it as in its too hard for them. and re4 is just easysauce. also, seeing how as every single RE was on the PS before RE4, it was only time until they ported it over, also, the graphical difference between the PS2 and GC arent anywhere near the graphical difference between the wii and 360/ps3.

@squall. step back in gameplay mechanics for who? + not everyone thinks motion controls are better.
    also, if there werent a lotttttttt of kids playing the wii why would it be so kiddy?
    Last edited by Sovieto; 08-21-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Do you feel lucky punk? wombateer's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1598-2070-0499-1045
    Money, money, money in a rich mans world.

I think Wii owners are going to have to wake up to fact that, one... PS3 and Xbox have more under the bonnet and so have more opportunities and more of a tastier appeal, The RE5 factor is going to just one issue in a long line of gaming arguments, and two. No matter, if a game if solely created either on one system or another, once the money factor takes hold everything changes, gaming companies are in the business of making money and the less frills they can get away with, the more they'll do it, sure enough Xbox and PS3 have their x2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 gig processors, and HD this and that, although what they do not have is simplicity, catchy iconic gaming add ons like Mii, and the Wiimote, as a community we need to stop bitching between ourselves and let Nintendo and the big gaming house know that they have outdone Xbox and PS3 in one respect, but they need to exploit their Wii mote before Xbox or Sony better it.
    Last edited by wombateer; 08-21-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Beyond Courage Lies Freedom!
    "It takes one man too start a war... and many die ending it!"

Plz add me I need friends...

Member #
    Friends
    8708-0606-0103-6580
    Quote Originally Posted by jinglejangle
    Not gonna happen my man, I specifically remember a Nintendo official actually stating that 360 and PS3 ports just weren't technically possible, I think we should just accept that. Hopefully Umbrella Chronicles will be so absolutely amazing that we won't need to worry about RE5...But don't hold your breath
    Downgrades are always possible. The Sega Master System had Altered Beast, Ghouls N' Ghosts, and other Genesis game on it, and the difference between the SMS and Genesis was far greater than the difference between the Wii and PS3 or 360. You can even port RE5 to the SNES, N64, or PS1. Sure, it would look like total crap, but the basic story would be the same, minus the fancy graphics.

Member #
    Friends
    I've read from a lot of insiders, that PS3 is one of the most unfriendly systems ever to program games for. Because of it's cell processor, and it's capabilities the PS3 is a very tough system to program for. This means that companies have to put a lot of effort into a game, and be very dedicated to the PS3.

Now look at the floundering sales figures. If the PS3 doesn't improve its sales figures and has a considerably smaller market share, how many game developers are going to want to put in that much time and capitol toward developing PS3 games?

Lastly the sales figures don't look to change much. The Christmas season really has little no major games being released for the PS3 (GTA was delayed), while it has massive releases wii (SSBB Mario: Galaxy), and Halo 3 will have been out for a few months to bolster X-Box credibility.
    I am the Eggman. They are the Eggmen.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    @squall. step back in gameplay mechanics for who?
    For people that have played and prefer the Wiimote's controls over the clunky PS2/GC versions.

+ not everyone thinks motion controls are better.
    I've seen very few people say it doesn't enhance the gameplay, and literally nobody that says it made it worse.

also, if there werent a lotttttttt of kids playing the wii why would it be so kiddy?
    Because it's appealing to everyone, Duh! The lowest common denominator is family games and kids games, which is why there's quite a few of them. However, there's also quite a few Mature and Teen ones too.
    Last edited by Squall7; 08-22-2007 at 04:12 PM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Just because the wii appeals to all age groups does not make it "kiddy" but I will say that I'm glad RE5 is going to be on 360 and PS3. This is one series that I want to see looking the best it can.

OPTION TWO LOVES YOU.
    GO TO MYSPACE MUSIC AND SEARCH OPTION TWO TO RETURN THE FAVOR.

Member #
    Friends
    your wii would explode because of re5.

Member #
    Friends
    Look, it's not reasonably possible to redo the graphics of RE5, they have to redesign the entire game. From scratch. And the motion controls are extremely important to me Sovieto, why in the world would I choose a Wii over the Xbox 360 or PS3 if not for the enhanced controller options. We all know Nintendo tends to a younger crowd, that's been the problem for years. And the only reason a lot of us are still faithful to Nintendo is because of their time spent in the gaming world. They have been here since the beginning. The Wii just couldn't keep up with the Xbox 360 and the PS3 but it's certainly made up for it with these new controllers.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Ads