LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Well I dont think its slow or laggy. Wich games have you played on what system?
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2753-0668-0256-5030
    Why are you guys giving so much hate towards this guy? I enjoy online gaming. The main reason I like it is because I find it more realistic as your playing against another human who is liable to make mistakes where as the computer, played on a hard setting is not going to make any mistakes whatsoever.

I'll give you an example. If you are playing an online FPS. You have two good players, so it will be a fair match. You both don't know where each other is so you have to be alert at all times. You never know when they will walk round the corner, whether they are camping or running about.

If you was playing the computer, they will know exactly where you are, they have an auto-aim system, lock straight onto your head and they will probably be really dumb and use no thought as to what weapon to use(like use a pump-action shotgun for long ranges). Some games suit online play, but some however do not.

I play battlefield 2 for the PC online. If you play it on singleplayer mode on hard setting you cannot hide because all of the bots know where you are. If you're playing online you can actually hide in bushes, buildings etc as the humans cross-hairs don't just lock on to the nearest person, they have to find them (unless they are cheating, which isn't possible due to battlefield 2's anti-cheat system). If they did find a way around the anti-cheat system they will soon be found out anyway and be banned from the server.

Anyway thats my thought on the matter.
    Last edited by Dudey; 08-20-2007 at 03:48 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Completely agree !

Simple example I like to add:

Smoke Grenades: No effect when playing computer, but when you are playing humans they really dont have an idea whats going on
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    i dont like online gaming except for warcraft 3 FT. simply because i just love playing minigames with other people. and smother their face in the ground with my skills..
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7300-6469-2862-5349
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    no its not an opinion. you claim online gaming to be what you state, which is not true in most cases.
    Read what I wrote again. The first line says "Am I the only one who thinks online gaming is crap?"

Does that not mean that i am just expressing an opinion?

Child.
    What i've got so far: Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ: TP, Marvel: UA, Rampage: Total Destruction, WSOP: ToC, Excite Truck, TMNT Wiimote x2, Nunchuck x2, Classic Controller, Fan/Neon Lights, Wiimote Charger, Skins - Blue, Black, Pink, Green, Component Cables, Trial Opera Browser & Classic Games: DK Country, SimCity, Super Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, Street Figher II, Castlevania IV, Zelda: LttP

Member #
    Friends
    7300-6469-2862-5349
    Dudey - I appreciated ur opinion and i think u make an awesome point... HOWEVER ... is there really that much difference from that than say, a two player FPS (Goldeneye springs to mind, for sheer example) ...? I mean, that was fun multiplayer... does online really surpass that by so much? It just seems to me that gaming is getting less and less social. Why not invite some mates around to play games rather than playing over the internet?
    What i've got so far: Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ: TP, Marvel: UA, Rampage: Total Destruction, WSOP: ToC, Excite Truck, TMNT Wiimote x2, Nunchuck x2, Classic Controller, Fan/Neon Lights, Wiimote Charger, Skins - Blue, Black, Pink, Green, Component Cables, Trial Opera Browser & Classic Games: DK Country, SimCity, Super Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, Street Figher II, Castlevania IV, Zelda: LttP

Member #
    Friends
    2753-0668-0256-5030
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpacSnakepit
    Dudey - I appreciated ur opinion and i think u make an awesome point... HOWEVER ... is there really that much difference from that than say, a two player FPS (Goldeneye springs to mind, for sheer example) ...? I mean, that was fun multiplayer... does online really surpass that by so much? It just seems to me that gaming is getting less and less social. Why not invite some mates around to play games rather than playing over the internet?
    No its not social to play online games on your own. But it truly is more enjoyable to play them. Maybe if you want to play an online FPS you could sit next to each other with your friends on different computers and work co-operatively. But a two player FPS on a games console, you can just look at the other guys screen and know where he is. Its meant to be a spy game !!!

Member #
    Friends
    Sorry but you're moaning about lag!? I hardly get any lag ever, maybe consider getting a better connection.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpacSnakepit
    Am I the only one that thinks online gaming is crap? I mean, i think in ten years or whatever it will be awesome, but all the games I have seen or played have been shite ... it's so slow and there is so much loading... it just lags and is a complete drag to be honest. Why does everyone like it so much?! When I play a game i'd rather play it with my mates, having a few beers and chilling out, or when i wanna chill out by myself and play thinking, in depth games like Zelda. I dont wanna play against some noob on the otherside of the world just so that I can send them an IM on the internet later and say "I beat you, haha!" ... Just seems pointless and unexciting to me - and i have been a gamer for longer than most of u here have been alive. In ten years when it all runs really smoothly and it has cool cameras and mic's and everything (i played using these things on a 360 a few times and i thought it was exciting for about 3 seconds) then it will be cool - but for now, let's leave games like Metroid and to be played the way there are meant to be - as just one player.
    people just love the idea of online competition (mlg for example)...i reallly dont like to take part it in..i just like to have fun with local friends who are at their houses or meet new people playing lol
    Wii
    2 remotes 2 nunchucks
    SSX Blur, Wii Sports, Zelda Twilight Princess

Member #
    Friends
    I don't really agree with you when you say it's crap. I do think that they should have spent more time working on online modes for Mario Strikers Charged.

I think online gaming is a fun extra but the wii is not great for online play so far. I'm sure they can and will improve it alot though.

Ads