LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    trading in games is a scam. have you noticed that every time you walk into a game store it's: "hey there, got any trade-ins?" "next time bring in your old games and systems"

you get so little return on your investment and they're making a killing off of them.

you know that they are just going to take the game you gave them and sell it for considerably more money than they gave you. dunno bout you, but that doesn't sit well with me.

while you may not think it's worth your time, ebay is the best way to go.

stop feeding their system!!!

/rant

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0079-8462-7419-1215
    yeah, its not worth it trading in games,

and gamestop/eb make alot of money on the games you give them while you get so little in return

heck i went to eb one time and saw old gba games for $35 (rip off)

just keep them, games are a good thing to collect, cause if you ever feel like it, you can play them again

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by som1
    yeah, its not worth it trading in games,

and gamestop/eb make alot of money on the games you give them while you get so little in return

heck i went to eb one time and saw old gba games for $35 (rip off)

just keep them, games are a good thing to collect, cause if you ever feel like it, you can play them again

playing an old favorite 3 years later that you kinda forgot about > 5 bucks

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by lackluster dj
    trading in games is a scam. have you noticed that every time you walk into a game store it's: "hey there, got any trade-ins?" "next time bring in your old games and systems"

you get so little return on your investment and they're making a killing off of them.

you know that they are just going to take the game you gave them and sell it for considerably more money than they gave you. dunno bout you, but that doesn't sit well with me.

/rant
    Completely agree with you.
    Also just wanted to say, I have seen a few of your posts and you can really speak your mind.
    Hope to see you stick around, and keep on postin'

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Just sell them on ebay or something. You can get a bit more than trade in at a store.

Heck, on ebay ( or second hand website ) you can trade 1 for 1
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    trading in games at a local store is so convenient that stores like ebgames are able to get away with ripping people off. it's not really a scam if people know exactly what they're getting. some people just don't like money as much as others... haha... convenience is key.
    strikers code: 463963 306368

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by lackluster dj

/rant
    Everyone rags on EB games/gamestop on the trade in policy. You don't own a piece of property here -- it's a copyrighted material. In reality, I can't believe the used game market exists because of copyright laws... Regardless, you have to be patient and do it at the right time.

For instance -- join the Gamestop membership thingy. You get 10% extra trade in and 10% discount on purchase. So, for instance:

I bought Madden 08 and HATED it. I took it back and the trade in was $25 or half what I paid. That's not much but I have a membership (+10%) and they are running a promotion where you get an extra 30% if you trade in 5. That is in addition to the 10%. So, I got an extra 40% on 25 or $35 for the trade in. By the time you pay ebay listing fees, final value fees, and paypal fees, you don't really do any better most of the time. On top of that, I bought Mario Strikers Charged used for 44.99 minus the 10% membership for an actual price of $40.49 plus tax. So yet was a $6 spread going from Madden 08 to Mario Strikers.

Yep, they put it to you on games that didn't do so well -- like red steel --. $9 is the trade in on that at the moment. Even with the extra 40% it was still $12.60 but, again, after ebay fees and paypal fees I wouldn't have fared any better and I still had to hassle with ebay.

To each his own, I guess, but you are buying entertainment -- not a car or lawnmower. To get anything back on trade at all is great. Many countires copyright laws don't allow for commercial resale of used titles... I'm on who is glad they do here in the good ol' US of A.

Member #
    Friends
    6011-6618-7899-8426
    I took in 4 PS2 games to Blockbuster and got $33 total. Not bad considering they are PS2 games. I'm using this credit against the WiiPlay as I need another remote.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Madden 08, Resident Evil 4:Wii Edition, Mario Party 8, Wii Play, Wii Sports
    VC games: Mario Kart (N64), Super Mario (NES), Donkey Kong Jr. (NES), Pacman (NES)

Wish list: Mario Kart Wii, SSBB

Member #
    Friends
    just saying... buying used games at gamestop is guarenteed that they will work. If it doesn't work, you can take it back in 30 days and exchange it. Things on ebay and online trades aren't always guarenteed...Oh, and just something cool. If you sign up for the Gamestop newsletter (email), they send you cupons good for one week like "$10 extra credit for a xbox360 game." If you wait for the right time to trade, you can get a lot more.

Ads