Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Wii fan Boy till the end Bigjake52's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3449-8056-9185-4637
    Nintendo is going to rule the planet. Well in video games. I think they are selling alot is because they have vg games
    We Would like to Update

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by JCpackers05
    i dont want to back the xbox up but...halo 3 = nerdy kids buying the system only for that game.

same thing will happen with Wii Fitness.

and Smash bros brawl

and mario galaxy......

and mario kart

possibly Nights 2

and.....well...u get the idea. on top of the fact people are STILL showing up at stores 1st thing in the morning everyday to get one...

Member #
    Friends
    7975-7481-0827-9554
    This is great news and like many others here I think there is a decent chance that the Wii will overtake the PS2 in total console sales over the course of its lifetime.

My only concern would be regarding software sales. Many of us are more traditional gamers, so this doesn’t really apply, but given the market that Nintendo has gone after (ie the non-gamers) I’d say there is a pretty good chance that average game sales per console owner will be lower than with some other consoles.

And before anyone flames me I’d just like to say that I have had a Wii since launch day and have 7 games plus 4 controllers and 4 nunchucks so I’m totally sold on the Wii, I just think that there is a long way to go in this ‘war’ and the people who have bought the console who aren’t hard-core gamers are probably less likely to buy lots of games.

Fingers crossed for the future… really looking forward to Metroid Prime 3!

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    I read this entire thread so far and I see that some people still don't get it.
    It was touched on with the last post.

The Wii's target audience is much much larger than any PS or XBox target was or ever will be. The people buying Wii's will most likely not be the people that are going to be on these forums with the fanboys. They won't be buying the single player games or massive on-line games. The market is the non-traditional gamer, who will buy 3-4 games and play them with friends and family. Gamers who haven't bought a console in over a decade (like myself). You know, people who played video games at the mall before most of your parents were out of braces.

As someone posted earlier in the thread, the Xbox and PS consoles has maybe a few 100 million possible buyers. The Wii has almost the entire rest of the world.

After WiiFit comes out, every "soccer mom" in the U.S. will want a Wii. All the people who are going to buy the 360 for Halo 3, already have their console.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

JT.
    Member #
    Friends
    All my friends were saying how gay it was before it was released. Now most of them are making plans to get one, or already have.

I still wonder what they'll do for the next gen. Maybe they will just improve graphics and such. But don't think so. Playstation 3 already copied the motion sensor thing with their controller, so we can expect Playstation to keep motion sensing in their next console. Xbox 360 will probably also add motion sensing to their next console, seeing the popularity of the wii. So the next Playstation and Xbox will both be like super powered Wii's, without Mario, of course. We all know Nintendo likes to bring new ideas to video gaming, as seen with the Wii, so the next console will be even more revolutionary. Going further than motion sensing (taste and smell?).

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

Del fuego he resurgido {Axtlár}'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    yes the next Nintendo console will indeed revolutionize the market yest again, while the other two competitors will eat Nintendo's dust after copying its ideas while Nintendo has something new and better.

The end is near....Or is it the beginning?
    it's THE BEGINNING of an endless fall into a precipice of epic Brawling fun.
    Add me to Brawl:
    FC: 317957548849
    User name: AXTLR
    if you added me, send me a pm with your code too, please.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by {Axtlár}
    yes the next Nintendo console will indeed revolutionize the market yest again, while the other two competitors will eat Nintendo's dust after copying its ideas while Nintendo has something new and better.
    They already got more girls\women and kids into the market with the DS. The Wii is likely to expand that further. They'll be like: "Hey thats by the makers of the DS and its got motion controls and fun games! Lets get it!"

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by {Axtlár}
    Lets hope that'll happen.....i kind of believe SONY would make a combat...no offense to Microsofts Xbox, if you can only make a Huge-Hit on U.S. Soil....its best for you to PACK-YOUR-BAGS-AND-GO-HOME..

And is currently...still kicking as much ass as it ever did....*even if sony doesnt count them as a competitor...."Sony said nintendo and its own company are in a DIFFERENT world"..but how different? They both make and distribute games!
    Last edited by CyanRussel; 01-27-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Ads