LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    One of the Oceanic 6 TortillaChip520's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    well, i played and beat mp2 first, and am about 30% through with mp1. i just started playing mp3, and i'd say you dont really need to play the other too so much, but by getting some practice on the others you'll get used to what kind of puzzle you'll be facing, when you need to scan thing etc..

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    yeah my only fear is taht if i get into mp3, i won't be able to play the first because mp3 would set my mp standards to high
    Yes that would definatly happen. This game is very simular to the modern Metroid series accept the controls and graphics are on a whole new level. As soon as I played this one I new I'd never go back to the GameCube versions, which were excellent games in their time.

Don't hesitate to buy this game. I have a modchip so i downloaded it a couple days before it came out, then bought it anyway once it was released.
    I'll kick your ass at Mortal Combat and Cooking Mama!

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by miiplaywii
    Yes that would definatly happen. This game is very simular to the modern Metroid series accept the controls and graphics are on a whole new level. As soon as I played this one I new I'd never go back to the GameCube versions, which were excellent games in their time.

Don't hesitate to buy this game. I have a modchip so i downloaded it a couple days before it came out, then bought it anyway once it was released.
    Naaaaaw I'll still go back. I've gotta beat that boss I chickened out on. Besides I knew the plotline before I played any of the games so the story being jumbled up dun bother me and I find the control scheme exelent in all of the Metroids. I find Prime 1 to be better than this tbh. It struck my chord of impression better than anything else. It was awesome!!!

I just got the PED suit.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think you really NEED to play any others before playing this and you'll be able to follow what's going. If you wanna catch up on the actual storyline of the Prime series or anything, I'm sure you could just check out Wikipedia. But I'd highly recommend downloading Super Metroid from the Shop Channel and playing through that first. It'll give you a nice intro to Samus and all her cool toys and it's also a great game, too, so it'll only make you wanna jump into MP3 that much more. I've played through Super Metroid more than any other game ever, it's probably about 5-6 hours if you're playing it your first time. DEFINITELY worth it even if you didn't plan on getting MP3.
    As far as Metroid Prime 1 and 2, I'd agree with what other people said. At this point, it'd be kinda hard to go back to playing those after getting used to 3's controls but they are both kick ass games in the series. The only one I *could* live without would be the original. Super Metroid might not be the best since all the Prime games... but it's easily one of my top 10 games ever and it's what got me hardcore into Metroid.
    Pokemon Diamond: 4811 3591 8600
    Pokemon Battle Revolution: 4296 0031 1549

PM me if you add me on either!

Member #
    Friends
    Metroid Prime 1 and Prime 2 are two separate missions, many of the same characters are present in 2 that were in 1 with slight makeovers. I personally wouldn't recommend playing any series skipping the first two, but if you don't wanna play the Cube versions, then you should make out just fine. Like I said, they are separate missions anyway, you could always go backwards with the series if MP3 turns out to really be your cup of tea. This is a really good series, very hard to be disappointed...but if you decide to strap in be sure and be prepared for a tough thinking man's type game.

Signature by Syntax

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiBad
    Metroid Prime 1 and Prime 2 are two separate missions, many of the same characters are present in 2 that were in 1 with slight makeovers. I personally wouldn't recommend playing any series skipping the first two, but if you don't wanna play the Cube versions, then you should make out just fine. Like I said, they are separate missions anyway, you could always go backwards with the series if MP3 turns out to really be your cup of tea. This is a really good series, very hard to be disappointed...but if you decide to strap in be sure and be prepared for a tough thinking man's type game.
    Seeing how the Wii is supposed to be for EVERYONE!!! I bet a lot of people got the game thinking that theres only 3 games in the series. Also you can play them in any order so Ninty is basically trying to keep up with both the hardcore an noob market. Kinda.... merging them I suppose.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

the guy below- HES BACK!! Wiitime's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    What does the scanning do in the game. Why is it so important? Can you guys give me an example of the puzzles in the game?

Thanks
    Mario Strikers Charged Code 034466 539783

If you add me, let me know and i will add u..
    BRAWL CODE-2921 8742 9329

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    It was my first Metroid Prime game, but I had played Metroid and Super Metroid on the NES and SNES. All 3 games are fantastic, but I can't compare them since they are so different.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    You have different visors. The two you have from the beginning are the combat and scan visors. Combat is your regular visor. When you pull up your scan visor things that can be scanned will light up. You put your reticule on them and hold down Z and you get information about that item or enemy. You learn about how to open a door or the weaknesses and attacks of an enemy/boss for instance. You also learn a lot about the story through that. The game grades you on completion and part of that is scanning. You'll want to scan as much as possible.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    If you're worried about missing the story, you could always watch the Metroid Retrospectives from gametrailers.

I'll edit this post with direct links to the videos. (may take a while cos I'm using the Wii to write this).

Part 1
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tXkj7VwnCI[/media]

Part 2
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbcd5DcH41Q.html[/media]

Part 3
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnQIaWlZ6JU[/media]

Part 4
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsLkXgMjNSM.html[/media]

Part 5
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZPw214nOXc.html[/media]
    Last edited by Squall7; 08-29-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Ads