LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I've got to say I never knew American Football was so tactical?

I never knew American football was so complex. Just got Madden 08 and I've only managed to score one touch down. Got to admit though it was only a quick go and don't know all the rules yet. Any tips for me I'd gladly accept.

Also can I play people in the US online or is it regional?
    Wii games I own: Medal Of Honour Heroes 2, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Resident Evil 4, Red Steel, Mario Strikers Charged, Fifa 08, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Accademy, Battalion Wars 2 and Wii Sports.

Wii Number: 2823 4586 3223 6887
    Friend Code for MSC: 463957 076941
    Fifa 08 player name: Woz

Member #
    Friends
    oh yeah. it's really like a chess board on the field. it's a gladiator's game. huge, extremely well-conditioned men, that are some of the best atheletes in the world competing in a giant arena...

glad to hear you're giving it a chance. most people outside of the US don't bother with it as they hold soccer up as the be all, end all of sport.

i find that the pass plays work best for me. medium to long pass plays, as long as your receivers are good.

Member #
    Friends
    try passing a couple times, then make a run play when they arent expecting it, dont make 2 run plays in a row. thats my advice.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Sovieto you've obviously never played football. It works better the other way around. You run 2 or 3 plays in a row, then when the defense starts to show blitz you bomb it into the endzone.

Madden 08 is a great game...gotta love the weapons system. I play it for Xbox 360 online a lot.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Member #
    Friends
    Play the minigames to improve your skills. Try to pass the All Madden level for each one. These are basic skills and will help you a lot. Go to practice mode and run play after play against different defenses to learn how to beat them.
    Jeffrey M Widzinski

Member #
    Friends
    there's no right way to play but a more ideal way to play is to run it more often then you pass, it's much safer this way. Feed ur rb the ball, wait till he gets the big gain, then pass to throw the other guy off, while ur recievers will be wide open since the dbs were playing the run. Have you ever played real life football? it's def more fun then the video games!

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Use Vince Young. (Cover man.) Amazing player passing and running. TITANS!
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Awating Headset Support Jimmer1720's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Just keep using a different play until you find one that works for you. I found a hail mary pass that 95% of the time connected with Galloway (of the Bucs!) and I always destroyed whoever I played against.

But, if you're into a more realistic type of game, you're asking the wrong guy

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Nobody ever plays American football over here if they did i would, learn the rules quicker. Just lost my first game 28-17, against the bores? can't remember.
    Wii games I own: Medal Of Honour Heroes 2, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Resident Evil 4, Red Steel, Mario Strikers Charged, Fifa 08, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Accademy, Battalion Wars 2 and Wii Sports.

Wii Number: 2823 4586 3223 6887
    Friend Code for MSC: 463957 076941
    Fifa 08 player name: Woz

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozz500
    Nobody ever plays American football over here if they did i would, learn the rules quicker. Just lost my first game 28-17, against the bores? can't remember.
    I think you mean Bears.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Ads