+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Multiplayer Essential in Great Games?

i agree and disagree,

But be honest any great game without multiplayer, would be even better if it had opportunities for multiplayer, (if it did not effect the main game) im sure i would prefer any game with multiplayer.

Take zelda for instance, i loved it, But if it had multiplayer i would most likely play it still today, where as i rarely play it now, (i know zelda is not meant to be mulitplayer, but it would be better if it had it)

i value multiplayer gaming alot as i come from a big family, and have lots of friends, i dont wanna hang around playing single player games with family or friends thats just boring. and im sure many will agree (aswell as disagree), therefore any great game would be better with multiplayer

But i would like to point out. that my top games are all single player, but i would love them all even more with multiplayer.

resident evil 4 (my best wii game so far) No multiplayer
    Zelda ocarina of time, i love it, no multiplayer,
    Final fantasy series (absolutly love them to bits) no multiplayer.

but they would all be better with a little bit of multiplayer imo

i mean who here has MP3 yet, (iv not but) would you prefer it with multiplayer?

who agrees disagrees, all opinons welcme

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think that all games should have multi-player because some games are much better as single player, but I think that the option to play with friends or family members is a great addition to games, especially for children's games.
    And yes, Zelda should remain as a single player game.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    I guess I should be one of the first to post since the post was directed at me originally. Prime 2s multiplayer was awful and I think it subtracted from the game as a result.
    I love the Mario Kart series but the single player modes can be so hollow because the action is focused on multiplayer. Its fine in a game like that because its about the multiplayer but a game like Zelda is about the single player and if it had a tacked on multiplayer it would detract greatly from the main adventure. Id rather have a Zelda game with great single player and no multiplayer than a Zelda game with great single player and bad multiplayer.

Member #
    Friends
    Multiplayer is a good addition to any game. I used to have a 360 before I got my Wii (pressure from my young children and my other half to get a more family friendly console) and a great single mode is good, but great multiplayer sustains the life of the game dramatically. Hate to think how many hours I spent on Gears of War, but I would hazard that I spent 20-30 hours on campgain and then over 300 hours on multiplayer.

I think we need to see voice channels for multiplayer on Wii to truly enjoy online multiplayer.

Member #
    Friends
    Some really good points, playing on your own can be a lonely experience which is undoubtedly perked up by the challenge of playing against others. It is definitely the future but as I think has already been mentioned it needs to be in the right game.

Voice channels & Webcams could be interesting. Imagine Wii Fit being used for third person action games.

Member #
    Friends
    I think that Multiplayer can't hurt the game. If MP3 had multiplayer it would have a chance to be as popular as Halo. Since it doesn't, it's not going to be. Hopefully if there is another metroid multiplayer will be part of it.

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    Ocarina of Time OnLINE!!!!

I only wish this wasnt a Halo 2 Mod.......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wbYolsQnAF0
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Multi-player expands a game's lifetime A LOT ! For me anyways. As long as its fun I keep playing the game. once I finished singleplayer ( IF I do because most of my games arent finished ) I move on the multi-player. If its any good that can keep me playing for a few months
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    Multi-player is good for mcsf
    Spoiler Alert!

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I don't feel like reading everyone else's post, so I think for a game to be good and have replay value you need multiplayer (online if possible). I probably won't play zelda ever again after I ever get around to beating it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads