Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Meh looks like Brawl has dropped a place again.

This is a must buy

4 player online worms and it is back to 2d side view

2. Ads

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yea if it were online then I might consider paying full price, I think 4 player worms online would be entertaining.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    than this is youre lucky day!

It is online
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzomby
    than this is youre lucky day!

It is online
    Are you sure, because what I read was something about we will be talking to so and so about "if/how" the game will be online. Unless I missed something.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Heres the evidence:

IGN: Your release specifies that there will be more customization options than ever before. How so?

Gilbert: The player is presented with endless opportunities with which they can customize the appearance of their worms, from the hats on their heads to the color of their skin. The player is also tooled with the ability to customize their team flags, which can be seen in both online and offline games, choose the gravestones that the dearly departed leave behind, and pick from a number of entirely new speech banks. In addition to customizing the appearance of their worms, the player also has an extremely comprehensive landscape editor to sculpt and carve the perfect landscape on which their worms do battle. With the ability to also use pre-defined stamps and shapes, the player will be spoiled with the scope of customization offered in Worms: A Space Oddity.

IGN: We're delighted to hear that Worms: A Space Oddity will feature a four-player online component. How will this function work? Will gamers need to exchange Wii friend codes with one another to play against each other or will there be a random battles system in place?

Gilbert: We're also very excited about the opportunity to take Worms online with the Wii as it has proven to be very popular as an online multiplayer game. There are several options when it comes to playing an online game. The player is able to choose whether they want to play against specific friends which they have already added to their friends list, or go online to meet new people. If the player then decides that they've had a particularly good game, they can choose to add that player to their friends list to challenge them at a later date.

I say: Guilty as charged, case closed
    Tip of the day:

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Well with the worms whole team function thing there will be clans, so I wonder how all that will pan out with team play.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Theres no team function nor clans.

They wanted to keep it as simple as possible
    Tip of the day:

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzomby
    Theres no team function nor clans.

They wanted to keep it as simple as possible
    ^^

The worms games have always had a team function in it, this is very likely to do so too, therefore people will make there own clans with mii's like WCC_Dryl.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    I hope they don't go over the top with the whole gesture based weapon system

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Yeh me 2

@Cpt Mcloud

Ok heres my new case than

Case 00124002
    Team function in worms?

Evidence no.1

IGN: Online, can you play teams - two against two or three against one?

Gilbert: Up to four players can play at any one time during an online match. It isn't possible to ally teams this time around though.The option not to include this feature was a conscious choice , as the aim was to create a friendly, clean interface which allowed the player to set up a game with as few options as necessary. We felt any added complexity such as allying teams began to compromise this goal.

No teams this time
    Case closed
    Tip of the day:

Ads