LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii Chess Thread

Wii Chess is coming out this winter, but no one knows what it is...

Though it needs it's own thread, so that people can suggest what Wii Chess is. Maybe it'll be the first Wiiware game?

Source
    It's there in the list, in bold, with a release date of "Winter".

If you happen to find any info on it, post it in this thread, and I'll update this post with the new info.

Update 1:
    Wii Chess is part of the Wii series (Wii sports, Wii play, Wii Fitness, Wii Music,...). Source
    Last edited by JT.; 09-09-2007 at 05:57 AM.

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

Member #
    Friends
    i don't have any info nor do i like the game of chess, but i decided to help you out with this bump.

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    I don't really like chess either, and it isn't very poular, so I don't get Nintendo's logic behind this, unless they make some uber pimped version of chess!

Member #
    Friends
    I have a feeling this one will be free.

Sounds silly, I know, but considering how I can type "Chess" into google and get about 100 free online chess sites I can't imagine any one paying good money so they can play with nintendo themed chess pieces.

But how is chess NOT popular? It's one of the biggest games in the western world, and just about every city on the planet has a chess club where you can meet and socialize with other players for a very modest fee (Usually $10 a month.)

As a disclaimer, I'm not a chess fan and if this service costs money then I'll just chuckle to myself as it fades into obscurity... if it does end up being free though.. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for Wii Go!
    Last edited by Tairusu; 09-09-2007 at 04:43 AM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    I really like chess, but I wouldn't buy a chess game. I much prefer to play it in real life with someone especially if it's a round of strip chess with my GF lol

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles
    I really like chess, but I wouldn't buy a chess game. I much prefer to play it in real life with someone especially if it's a round of strip chess with my GF lol
    I can honestly say I've never heard of/thought about that, wow, so that would require an intellectual girl as well as a girl that is comfortable with herself, score one for you bud.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    I can honestly say I've never heard of/thought about that, wow, so that would require an intellectual girl as well as a girl that is comfortable with herself, score one for you bud.
    Thanks, she's quite a keeper and I'm better then her at chess lol which makes it even more fun Moving back on to Wii chess, had a look around and couldn't find any more info for you, quite a mysterious title!

Member #
    Friends
    Well, I made an update. Figured I ought to see what info's on wikipedia. Found a tiny piece of info, which suggests it won't be a Wiiware title, but you'll actually have to buy the game. And it'll be interesting how they get enough depth in the game, seeing as simply chess won't sell. Maybe we'll get yet another accessory with it?

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Well, I made an update. Figured I ought to see what info's on wikipedia. Found a tiny piece of info, which suggests it won't be a Wiiware title, but you'll actually have to buy the game. And it'll be interesting how they get enough depth in the game, seeing as simply chess won't sell. Maybe we'll get yet another accessory with it?
    If they really plan on marketing this as a normal game they better be giving us another accessory, but I really don't need another Wii remote, so maybe Wii points?

Member #
    Friends
    Well, I'd take the wiki with a grain of salt considering it's working off the same information every one else has right now. Honestly, there's not enough here to make speculation, unless nintendo is going to do to chess what they did to soccer it's destined to flop (if they charge money for it.)

Ads