+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: the wii headset

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    games with "pre-determined text" will be changed to full voice chat as soon as ninty release the headset (inevitable)

It doesnt take long to put voice chat into a game, nintendo just needs to give us the headset....and reggie said there was a huge surprise before the end of september. Lets really hope its a headset.

Bwii2, moh:h2, ssbb, etc, etc...they all NEED voice chat!!!
    A) Nintendo didn't even bother to comment on the story despite being given weeks advance notice and acknowledging that they knew the piece was coming. B) Not every developer has nothing better to do than sit on their hands and wait for Nintendo's hardware/firmware/dev kits--they may well have moved on to other projects and have other deadlines to consider--like getting games out in time for Christmas.

Hopefully the editorial and response to it will spur them to a quick solution (change the firmware and install drivers that support a wide variety of 3rd party bt headsets already on the market, and then 3rd parties could immediately begin work on the project with only small delays), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think they're holding it back for a 1st party title like Mario Kart to boost their own sales, and they may well want to capitalize on pricey accessory sales (Accessories that can take months to go to production and ship and show up on store shelves).

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    6743-9556-4846-8302
    Quote Originally Posted by DrYou
    , IT's a TOOL that absolutely is required to enjoy online play IMO.
    agreed. I play online in other systems and its way better to have a headset. If your in a clan, you can't really take on the leadership or voice an opinion. I say make a shooter game M rated, have credit card verfication, to solve the kid problem.

My Online: Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (Wii), Socom CA (Ps2)
    ****MOH PLAYER NAME: RENZ87

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    A) Nintendo didn't even bother to comment on the story despite being given weeks advance notice and acknowledging that they knew the piece was coming. B) Not every developer has nothing better to do than sit on their hands and wait for Nintendo's hardware/firmware/dev kits--they may well have moved on to other projects and have other deadlines to consider--like getting games out in time for Christmas.

Hopefully the editorial and response to it will spur them to a quick solution (change the firmware and install drivers that support a wide variety of 3rd party bt headsets already on the market, and then 3rd parties could immediately begin work on the project with only small delays), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think they're holding it back for a 1st party title like Mario Kart to boost their own sales, and they may well want to capitalize on pricey accessory sales (Accessories that can take months to go to production and ship and show up on store shelves).
    Thats not nintendos style, they wouldnt hold back such a key feature for themselves, just to boost sales that will already be sky high. Dont worry, its coming.

Member #
    Friends
    4697-7108-2206-9203
    i was wondering when something like this is gonna come out ive been playing madden online in silence i like hearing what the other person has to say
    i got:madden 07-08,pirates: at worlds end,zelda,call of duty 3,warioware,wii sports,need for speed: carbon,red steel, prince of persia, spiderman 3,metroid prime 3,VB:R Virtual console:Super Mario 64,Gunstar Heros,Toe Jame & Earl,Street Fighter 2 & Turbo,Mario Kart 64,Super Mario World,Street Of Rage,Zelda 1 & Orcarina,Star Fox,China Warrior,Super Mario 2

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    If they are scared of little children getting insulted, then don't put voice chat in E rated games, but why can't they make a headset and allow us to voice chat in T+ games like bw2 or SSBB?

Spoiler Alert!

Ads