Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3760-9059-7725-6846

This is some good info...STILL #1 in the U.S.

Wii remains top selling game system in U.S.
    by Blake Snow | 09/13/2007 | 4:03:05 PM PST print comments [ 74 ] digg this! Share on Facebook NPD released North American video game sales data for the month of August on Thursday showing continued Wii and DS dominance.

Nintendo still doing its thing
    Nintendo Wii was the top selling platform for the month with 404k units sold followed by Nintendo DS with 383k units sold. Xbox 360 sales jumped by 61% to 277k units due to Microsoft's recent $50 price drop.

Sony's PlayStation 2 remained strong at 202k units sold with PSP sales reaching 151k units for the month. PS3 sales were slightly down, however, to 131k units.

Top selling games for the month included Madden NFL 08, Bioshock, Wii Play, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Strikers Charged, and Guitar Hero 2 in that order.

Interestingly, the Xbox platform sold more copies of Madden (900k) than PlayStation for the first time since Microsoft got into the hardware business back in 2001. Still, software sales were flat at only 1 percent growth over last year.

(For the record, as long as Ninty keeps on doing what it is doing, bringing new games to the table for casual and hardcore, with it also online.....then there is no way Ninty is going to lose its lead......UNLESS BY DIVINE INTERVENTION.....)

Thoughts anyone..
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Oh yeah Go Nintendo! Nice Info +Rep

Nintendo is doing a pretty good job on the line up this year and I love the VC games =]
    KryKidd

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Yes...im glad you feel that way, im feeling the same way your feeling about ninty........no more of those dark days the GC had!!

The wii is bringing back life into the Nintendo...which it had 2 decades ago with the SNES...

(Brings back good memories)
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Ads