LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Headset= Bad

  1. #21
    Jav
    Jav is offline
    Wii in Javelland Jav's Avatar
    Member #
    28641
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    136
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5229-2722-4859-3921
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzomby
    Wii has a young audiance and for some strange reason these kids try to be cool or something on the online world and think they can accomplish that with swearing and using 18+ words
    haha 18+ words? what makes them 18+?

    I would think that there would be voice transmitter in the Wiimote, it would make sense.
    I dont think it would be a bad thing, it would be kinda fun, especially in SSBB.
    If you dont like what peeps are saying, turn the option off, easy.

  2. #22
    OH NOES! A PICTURE cyberzomby's Avatar
    Member #
    23638
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,102
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    But its sad that it will probably end up going off. If I run in to a mature person I wont be able to speak with him because I turned it off. ( lets say I start a random game and the person Im up against is mature )
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

    Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

    I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

  3. #23
    WiiChat Member Warrior's Avatar
    Member #
    27115
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    This is the worst post ive seen so far today, and ive just visited a thread called "i want to suck your dick".

    Firstly, how on earth can you play a game while talking on the phone? Far too much trouble.

    Also, talking in games online is a very big boost. In some games like battalion wars 2, its going to be vital. Talking to friends is one thing, but whats wrng with tlking to stragers?

    Ae you some type of hermit who stays home all day and night and doesnt like to talk to anyone? If they trash talk (whch shouldnt be too much) then just swear back down the mic, no big deal, infact its usually funny and entertaining. If you dont want it, mute them, or take off the headset. Wow, thats easy, right?

    Not to mention you ca actually make new friends. Trust me man, then Wii doesnt just need a headset, it CRAVES one...

  4. #24
    Banned jackyboy's Avatar
    Member #
    32582
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    61
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by daviduk200
    i have to disagree,

    while you opinions are interesting there are flaws in the fact you donkt have to use the headset if you dont want to, you would be able to talk to specific people, and if people were swearing just mute them or take headset off.

    also its a new way to talk and socialize with people.

    i mean a down side to gaming is, its addictive and can lead to bad social lives and very little talking, but with a headset it can increase socilaization.

    for starters even idiots know not to give there info out online nevermind to strangers on the games. so its up to them.



    i would play brawl without a headsert, but would like it more if there was one

    i agree 100% no more comments needed after this comment

  5. #25
    OH NOES! A PICTURE cyberzomby's Avatar
    Member #
    23638
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,102
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    This is the worst post ive seen so far today, and ive just visited a thread called "i want to suck your dick".

    Firstly, how on earth can you play a game while talking on the phone? Far too much trouble.

    Also, talking in games online is a very big boost. In some games like battalion wars 2, its going to be vital. Talking to friends is one thing, but whats wrng with tlking to stragers?

    Ae you some type of hermit who stays home all day and night and doesnt like to talk to anyone? If they trash talk (whch shouldnt be too much) then just swear back down the mic, no big deal, infact its usually funny and entertaining. If you dont want it, mute them, or take off the headset. Wow, thats easy, right?

    Not to mention you ca actually make new friends. Trust me man, then Wii doesnt just need a headset, it CRAVES one...
    I hope youre not talking 'bout me. I never mentioned the phone. I have got friends and I go out more than enough. Getting yelled at by kids that are 12 years old? Thats hardly entertaining. I'd rather see a good movie. Trash talk ok. As long as its normal trash talk and doesnt involve swearing.

    I completely agree that using mics in games is Awesome. I play battlefield 2142 on servers that have mature gamers and use headsets. It brings a lot more depth to a game. I also played Project Reality. A game that almost only has players of 18 years and up that use headsets.

    But my point is: The wii has a MUCH younger audience. For some reason those little kids go mad when you Pwn them or cant take the adrenaline when they are winning. They always end up yelling and calling you names. Wiichat is the perfect example. A month or 2 ago, if you didnt agree with anyone you'd get that person going mad and calling you all sorts of things. When his forum buddy's found out they'd join in with the "fun".
    If you find that entertaining and fun, be my guest and yell back and see who knows the baddest words. But I like it much more if I can use the headset to talk tactics and battleplans.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

    Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

    I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

  6. #26
    WiiChat Member Warrior's Avatar
    Member #
    27115
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzomby
    I hope youre not talking 'bout me. I never mentioned the phone. I have got friends and I go out more than enough. Getting yelled at by kids that are 12 years old? Thats hardly entertaining. I'd rather see a good movie. Trash talk ok. As long as its normal trash talk and doesnt involve swearing.

    I completely agree that using mics in games is Awesome. I play battlefield 2142 on servers that have mature gamers and use headsets. It brings a lot more depth to a game. I also played Project Reality. A game that almost only has players of 18 years and up that use headsets.

    But my point is: The wii has a MUCH younger audience. For some reason those little kids go mad when you Pwn them or cant take the adrenaline when they are winning. They always end up yelling and calling you names. Wiichat is the perfect example. A month or 2 ago, if you didnt agree with anyone you'd get that person going mad and calling you all sorts of things. When his forum buddy's found out they'd join in with the "fun".
    If you find that entertaining and fun, be my guest and yell back and see who knows the baddest words. But I like it much more if I can use the headset to talk tactics and battleplans.
    No, i was talking to attacktix.

    But there is always going to be mad 12 year olds on games like these where you use headsets, you either:

    a) deal with em
    b) mute/take off the headset

    quite simple. And your argument wouldnt pursuade Nintendo to NOT make headsets, whereas mine might. (not putting you down, just to see the signifigance of the points were making)

  7. #27
    X-NSider kellan6's Avatar
    Member #
    34030
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    11
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i dissagree man, the headset would bee awesome for the wii, even though I suck at "smack" talk, its still fun to here what people say, i think its hilarious!
    I came here because the nintendo forums closed down, you may know me as SDHBFILSDFGKSBFKLSJGF

  8. #28
    OH NOES! A PICTURE cyberzomby's Avatar
    Member #
    23638
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,102
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Yes Warrior I do know the signifiance and I totaly agree with you. I was not really trying to convince people that nintendo should not make the headsets. I was saying why I wouldnt be so psyched about using them in random games
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

    Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

    I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

  9. #29
    WiiChat Member kevbomac05's Avatar
    Member #
    27349
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    238
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6139-2063-0162-5101
    dude what are you 5 years old

  10. #30
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbomac05
    dude what are you 5 years old
    "Dude", are you? There was no reason for you to post that, and seeing as how many valid points have been made already, you're just spamming this thread.

    Headsets will benefit the wii, I just would like to be able to mute individual players, because like some have said what if there are mature people playing? I might actually want to talk to them, so taking the headset off isn't something I'd want to be doing.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts