Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Headset= Bad

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Headset= Bad

i think its a very bad idea to have a headset for wii.

1 reason is that, why would you need to talk to a total stranger?? i mean really??? some games, you do have to comunicate, but most games "ex: brawl" you dont need to talk.

there is another thread that says "would you play brawl with no headset?"
    even if there was a headset, they wouldnt use it for brawl. There is absolutlty no use in it. what would you talk about??? "go grab that mushroom!" if you need to talk to your friend while ure playing just call them!

2. half of the time it will just be someone swearing at you, or asking for information............ but thats a differnt story.

3. some of you are probably thinking, But what if we want to talk to our friends/ people we know. The answer is! Get a cell phone....

4. some other people are thinking, but what if we have very strong security/codes that limit us to talk to certain people? Theres still some people that would give out that information to strangers.

please comment what you think.
    PIT OWNS YOU ALL

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i have to disagree,

while you opinions are interesting there are flaws in the fact you donkt have to use the headset if you dont want to, you would be able to talk to specific people, and if people were swearing just mute them or take headset off.

also its a new way to talk and socialize with people.

i mean a down side to gaming is, its addictive and can lead to bad social lives and very little talking, but with a headset it can increase socilaization.

for starters even idiots know not to give there info out online nevermind to strangers on the games. so its up to them.

i would play brawl without a headsert, but would like it more if there was one

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    good point
    PIT OWNS YOU ALL

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    I agree on the swearing part. You can see the proof right here on these forums!

Wii has a young audiance and for some strange reason these kids try to be cool or something on the online world and think they can accomplish that with swearing and using 18+ words

I dont want a high pitched voice in my ear shouting all kinds of crap at me while Im giving him headshots :P
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    Headsets work great for FPS/Tactical combat co-op games, but could care less if brawl had one or not

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    There is an option called MUTE, and an option of TURNING VOICES OFF, and an option of NOT USING THE HEADSET,

plus i dont wanna spen like £20 phone bill talking to my mate throughout a multiplayer match

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Attacktix
    i think its a very bad idea to have a headset for wii.

1 reason is that, why would you need to talk to a total stranger?? i mean really??? some games, you do have to comunicate, but most games "ex: brawl" you dont need to talk.

there is another thread that says "would you play brawl with no headset?"
    even if there was a headset, they wouldnt use it for brawl. There is absolutlty no use in it. what would you talk about??? "go grab that mushroom!" if you need to talk to your friend while ure playing just call them!

2. half of the time it will just be someone swearing at you, or asking for information............ but thats a differnt story.

3. some of you are probably thinking, But what if we want to talk to our friends/ people we know. The answer is! Get a cell phone....

4. some other people are thinking, but what if we have very strong security/codes that limit us to talk to certain people? Theres still some people that would give out that information to strangers.

please comment what you think.
    (Numbers Correspond with Yours)
    1. (1) To make sure they know when they just got kneed in the face! (Falcon player) (2) To talk to friends (3) To teach fellow players to play better.
    2. Okay...? I have no problem with this whatsoever, if you do than don't wear the headset.
    3. Using this logic I can assume that you mail your friends letters rather than calling them or emailing them.
    4. What? They could easily limit the number of people you could talk to to your friend list, if they so chose.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I agree, in parts, to both Attacktix and Daviduk's arguments. I think that a headset is not necessary by any means, but can be useful if not abused. I have to mute people while on xbox live because of how immature and annoying some people are. With the younger crowd being the primary users of the Wii I see more of the same issues arising with immaturity and most definitely a lot of swearing. As long as I either have the capability to mute a player or speak directly to someone I will gladly support headsets for the Wii. Also Attacktix, I know times are changing and 12 year olds have cell phones now, but not everyone can afford/attain them and a headset would allow them to talk without tying up their parent's home phone, just my two cents.

Member #
    Friends
    I agree if you don't want to listen to someone thats swearing take off the headset. Headset= Good

Member #
    Friends
    Lol Headsets is a good thing but parents need to be aware of who kids are talking to.
    KryKidd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads