Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Games jagged.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Games jagged.

I have a 65" rear projection CRT HDTV 1080i. The games look pretty bad on this tv and I know its not the TV as the games on my xbox look perfect. The oldschool downloaded games play and look awful. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Ive had the superNES and N64 but this console plays the games nothing how they looked on those two consoles. I ordered some component cables for 480p but after reading all the bad luck ppl are having with these I think I will have the same problem.

Member #
    Friends
    I have the component cable and it's not given me any problems. Now I only have a 52" rear projection RCA HDTV 1080i but I'm not experiencing those issues. My images are very clear with and without the component cable. You may find that you have a bad cable, which could not effect your games that have a higher definition and graphics (wii games) but could show the effects a lot more so on these games with more cartoonish looking animations. You may find a world of difference in this other cable.
    Last edited by Mingus; 09-21-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Member #
    Friends
    4103-2900-3267-1697
    Actually, the component cable make a big difference. Everything gets sharper at 480p. I'd wait till you get the component cables before loosing hope. Good Luck!

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the info guys. Ill wait untill the cable comes in and give it a shot. Im still happy with my purchase as this thing brings back some memories.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by thedaini
    Everything gets sharper at 480p.
    Including the jaggies, try not to cut yourself bud.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah ive heard that too.... Ive seen a ton of before and after shots and it still looks better with the component cables.... IF mine even works right with them.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    You might want to post some photos to give people a better idea of what you're talking about. When you say "jagged" I think "anti-aliasing", which isn't a cabling issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, im sure alot of what im seeing is lack of AA. The quality of the emulators is nothing like what the orginal SuperNES console produced. Atleast not what im seeing.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I don't play virtual-console games on the Wii and I never owned a SNES or N64, so I can't comment on that. What I can say is that as far as I can tell. the Wii does absolutely no anti-aliasing whatsoever. It's rather bizarre, since even basic 2x FSAA has been around for so long now and on the PC it's measured up to 64x. You think the Wii could handle something, but I guess not...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Agreed... even 2x AA would be a big help if it currently has 0.

Ads