LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I doubt this will be the best FPS on Wii, there will certainly be better once people can exploit the wii mote

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    Yeah I would have to say it will be..I will get it ASAP!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Yeah, I have to agree with Cyan Winters here. While I will be buying it on launch, I really doubt it will be as visceral and solid as Goldeneye. Now I do disagree that it doesn't do anything new, because it basically does everything new, from being able to sword for the first time in an FPS (at least with motion sensory), you can roll grenades by doing an underhand pitch with the nunchuk and throw grenades with an overhead pitch. Also, for the first time, you can truly hold your gun gangsta style, which I plan on doing the whole time. I know you can hold two swords at once, but can you dual-wield guns?
    Little if any of that is "new".

Some different ways to do old things are created with the Wii controller, but sword fighting and grenade throwing isn't new, it's just done much differently with the Wii, which is its selling point.

Wii Inventory: Wii, Zelda, Red Steel

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    Little if any of that is "new".

Some different ways to do old things are created with the Wii controller, but sword fighting and grenade throwing isn't new, it's just done much differently with the Wii, which is its selling point.
    People keep saying that but thats the point. Thats what makes it so fun. That is the key to the wii and people are acting like its just a silly little feature to the side. lol ive posted things like this so much on other forums its getting tiring. Forget this, im going to japan

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Zori
    People keep saying that but thats the point. Thats what makes it so fun. That is the key to the wii and people are acting like its just a silly little feature to the side. lol ive posted things like this so much on other forums its getting tiring. Forget this, im going to japan
    But it doesn't make the game good. It makes the system good.

I'm sure every FPS on the Wii will feature controls like that (maybe not swordplay, but certainly grenades) and so the "features" of Red Steel are really just novelty items taking advantage of the fact the Wii is a brand new way of playing.

Within a few months when theres plenty of FPS running around, it's doubtful Red Steel will still stand tall as a great game.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    But it doesn't make the game good. It makes the system good.

I'm sure every FPS on the Wii will feature controls like that (maybe not swordplay, but certainly grenades) and so the "features" of Red Steel are really just novelty items taking advantage of the fact the Wii is a brand new way of playing.

Within a few months when theres plenty of FPS running around, it's doubtful Red Steel will still stand tall as a great game.

Well, they will learn from the mistakes from Red Steel. There has to be someone brave enough to go into unknown territory. You can't blame them and i don't care if Red Steel won't later be a great game compared to others because as new games are made, people learn new tricks to develop their games better.

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    Well, they will learn from the mistakes from Red Steel. There has to be someone brave enough to go into unknown territory. You can't blame them and i don't care if Red Steel won't later be a great game compared to others because as new games are made, people learn new tricks to develop their games better.
    And that is the reason why Goldeneye was so good. It was the first, most complete and fluid playing game of it's kind. I still love that game.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    And that is the reason why Goldeneye was so good. It was the first, most complete and fluid playing game of it's kind. I still love that game.
    And in such, the definitive answer to this thread is simple.

No.

Ads