LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RPG's for Wii?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    id really love a remake of Lufia 2 from the snes, but i doubt that would ever happen lol; hopefully i will be able to get the snes version on the wii, since my snes controller died awhile ago... ><

2. Ads

Beware the fangirls .... SuperSmasher025's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ocdan
    well since squareenix makes kingdom hearts and they entrusted Nintendo to carry on FF3 when it released US instead of sonys own PSP, there could still be a possibility, if not maybe spin-offs
    a possibility! yes! maybe it can work out then...
    but :sniff: what are the odds.
    if only ... if only
    NINTENDO RULZ ALL!!

I am a Smash Bros. Swordsmen Bishie fangirl. BEWARE!!!

Member #
    Friends
    im not holding my breath for a lufia 2 remake but im hoping the lufia series at least comes to the virtual console. the virtual console has more of a chance for rpgs i think. theres been talk of lots of games being translated for the virtual console. on a side note lets be happy super mario rpg is coming to the virtual console

Member #
    Friends
    I think the only major SE games that Wii might get are DQ8 if DQS sells well, maybe Grandia, and possibly a new franchise or that they revive chrono/Xenosaga/????

I'm very excited about FF:CB, and i might be interested in FE if it's quality is comparable with the GBA games.

Member #
    Friends
    Golden Sun

Member #
    Friends
    yeah, i would like to see a new golden sun, but there has been no news about 1 for quite some time... same with the tales series(for wii at least) and the dragon quest series, not including the new swords game, which doesnt really interest me either..

I also hope Lufia at least makes it to the virtual console, along with some other rpgs, such as chrono.

As for FF:CB, im not really that excited or expecting much.. i bought the first one for GC and really regretted it. Hopefully we will at least get some of the other FF games, as the 360 is getting some.

The only rpg i have hope left for on the wii at the moment is fire emblem, but hopefully there will be some good news for rpgs for wii soon.. i just hope this doesnt turn out like the GC did with rpgs ><

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekar
    As for FF:CB, im not really that excited or expecting much.. i bought the first one for GC and really regretted it. Hopefully we will at least get some of the other FF games, as the 360 is getting some.
    Well it may be true that the first CC wasn't the quality that you would expect from a FF title, but the reason why i'm excited isn't because they replaced the stupid GBA multiplayer with wifi or how the wiimote will affect the gameplay. It's because of this.

On the future of FF

I think Final Fantasy can exist in two forms. The childish style and the realistic style. The main series is following the realistic route. With FFCC series we want to ensure that the chibi style stays popular and so have given it it's own series. FFIX was my first title to make and I liked my characters. I played Zelda: The Wind Waker and it reminded me of my work. It was when I played Dragon Quest VIII that I realised I couldn't let the chibi-look die. The game reminded me so much of FFIX that I almost cried playing it. This game has sold 3.5 million in Japan; much more than the realistic FF titles. This showed me that there was demand for this chibi Character Design. I was intending to just be Character Design of the Wii game but I want to be in charge of it. Thankfully Mr. Kawazu has said I can direct it.

Enter the FFIX team

We will be making many changes with the Wii game but I can not say what they are. When Akitoshi Kawazu took over FFXII as producer many of the members of the FFIX team asked to be tranfered unto the FFCC Wii project as they have a strong passion for the chibi style. Kawazu gave the green light. Most have just finished working on FFXII. Others are working on FFIII DS but still wish to work on this game too. As a result the team consists of both half of the original FFCC team (other half working on the DS game) and around 60% of the original FFIX team. We initially had a plan for the game but the FFIX team have brought in so many more ideas that we have to think again about the game. With this Wii game I want people to not only see that the old FF style is not dead but that it is back and now incredibly innovative. It may even sell more than FFXIII! [Laughs]
    FFIX is my favorite game

Member #
    Friends
    well thats some good news at least lol, i really hated how the multiplayer required 2SP's minimum... but hopefully FFIX team will greatly improve the game, which im sure they will!

Member #
    Friends
    I'd love to see a sequel to Tales of Symphonia and another Paper Mario game. The Thousand Year Door was an excellent game.

Member #
    Friends
    Golden Sun on GBA was great, a new version would be welcome in my game collection.
    Owner Of:
    Wii + 2xWiimote+nunchuk
    Classic Pad & Comp. Cables.
    TP, Wario, COD3, Play, Sports

Ads