Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4377-8177-5933-7263
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    Most places will not accept game returns if the plastic seal is broken. I am sure places like EB and others will take them back, however they do so at a severely reduced price or some gimmick to coax you into spending more money.

I personally don't like dealing with GameStop/EB, or any other "pawn shop" style game business very often, as there "cash back" is almost nothing. It is simply cheaper to rent them if you don't plan on keeping them, instead of buying them only to be ripped off when you return them. To my understanding GameStop's so called "best option" to such people is some odd point system that allows them to gain trade-in points towards other games, and to me it sounds more like a hustler's shell game than anything worthwhile. No thank you.

I use the same method except I still rent them even if I think they will be good, just to be sure. I've been burnt before, and it's worth the couple dollars extra and time spent to double check, especially if you've been let down before.
    yeah...boo to not being able to return games...but I can understand why...every place I've had to deal with something like that only lets you take opened software and exchange it for the same title.

I -do- make use of the whole trade-in for cash or credit concept, granted the amount you make back isn't much, and while there are programs for things like double credit, it still takes a good few to rack up enough for a brand new title...

but consider I only do it about once a year if not less often, so when I go in I can easily rack up maybe $50-70 a trip, which if that gets me 1 less game I have to pay for, then that's exactly what it is...

look at it this way: do you really expect to be able to take new software, use it and abuse it and expect to get enough credit to make almost a 1:1 trade on a mint condition title? That's how they make their money...and if feeding that pig gets me the chance to drop a little less money on a title I might be sketchy on, then so be it.

and I loved the comment about the shell game...being a "practitioner" of said shell game, trust me when I say it's nothing like that...you will make far more money trading in games than you will betting the shells when I'm behind them.

Cheers!
    I never ask you to understand, I only ask you to believe.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    yeah...boo to not being able to return games...but I can understand why...every place I've had to deal with something like that only lets you take opened software and exchange it for the same title.
    Yes, it is the same here and I clearly understand why as well.

I -do- make use of the whole trade-in for cash or credit concept, granted the amount you make back isn't much, and while there are programs for things like double credit, it still takes a good few to rack up enough for a brand new title...

but consider I only do it about once a year if not less often, so when I go in I can easily rack up maybe $50-70 a trip, which if that gets me 1 less game I have to pay for, then that's exactly what it is...
    Sure, that is one less game you have to pay for, but that's about 5 to 20 different games you are out and unable to play again without acquiring them again first. Personally I don't like that option, but that is just me.

look at it this way: do you really expect to be able to take new software, use it and abuse it and expect to get enough credit to make almost a 1:1 trade on a mint condition title? That's how they make their money...and if feeding that pig gets me the chance to drop a little less money on a title I might be sketchy on, then so be it.
    No, I don't expect anything from them.

As far as them making money, to me that is how I LOOSE money, money I've already invested into a game. Instead of just buying whatever is fresh and new, I take a different approach, and evaluate a game before purchasing it. Unfortunately for people like brendo and others this option isn't so much an option unfortunately, and while brendo may not take back his own games, I can't blame others for doing so if they are unable to fully evaluate them first.

However once I buy it I will own it for a lifetime, at least until it is stolen, lost, or broken.

and I loved the comment about the shell game...being a "practitioner" of said shell game, trust me when I say it's nothing like that...you will make far more money trading in games than you will betting the shells when I'm behind them.

Cheers!
    hahaha.... Well I know this game well, and know the best way to win is not to play. Same reason I avoid EBgames/GameStop and Pawn Shops. To each there own I always like to say.

Cheers to you too mate, and take care.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads