LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wii party games

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think Wii sports is one of the best games out there, after that mario party 8, rayman raving rabbids(have to beat single player) tie, then super monkey ball and sonic are actually very good also and start right off with multiplayer experience. Warioware would be #1 but you have to all use 1 controller, that is a major drag and pain in the butt. I wish they would have offered an update through wii shop to allow more controllers.
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    You will find that the larger the party, the less games that will be played.

My last Wii party this last Thursday involved a group of about 15 people and there was no getting off Wii sports, as to give everyone a chance to play took even more time. While Tennis is fast paced, the Bowling does take a bit longer and only allows four at a time to play. If you are having guests like myself to whom have never played the Wii, Wii Sports is your best bet to get them started.

when you have more parties, or have guests that are more a-tuned to the Wii, you can more easily roll the title selection. Consider game specific themed parties depending the size of the group and play experience, however simply having one title is enough to keep a small crowd occupied for an evening, and keep a couple others ready on stand-by if by chance the mood begins to sour.

Also, MAKE SURE you have enough room to hold the crowd. My last party was to include the Wii, a cookout, and an evening camp fire marsh-mellow event. My wife and I decided to experiment with setting up the Wii in the yard to keep everyone concentrated in one area, provide more room, and keep everyone together. Mind you, the Wii and the sun do NOT get along.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for all the suggestions. My family varies in age from 7 to 45 (70 when my grandparents are around), and video game expirance from none to myself who has been playing video games since atari. They love the Wii, and have had a lot of fun with Wii sports, but I was looking for something new to keep things fresh. I got Mario Strikers, because I found out that the games can be only 3 min long so thats not to long between plays. I'll defenatly be looking at the other games suggested for future parties, but I don't think its wise to get them all at once, or they could all lose their charms quickly. I do plan on having these about once a month, so I'm sure I'll be looking for another game soon enough.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm going to have to go with what these guys have said, Wii Sports is the best multiplayer game in my opinion, then you can't go wrong with Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged (Has online play if you want to get more than casual with it), Warioware is another good one, and from what I've heard the Carnival Games are fairly fun. Everyone in my family loves the Wii and when I take it with me when I visit they all want to play.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    I would like to URGE you not to buy Strikers as a party game for youre family and friends. I dont know wether they are gamers or not but if they arent ( even if they are ) they will probably have a lot of trouble to "get" mario strikers. Therers a lot going on there on the screen.

Just get things like: Mario Party 8 ( This game can be challenging to non-gamers but even my mother in law likes to play it so... :P ) Wario Ware, Carnival and the likes. Wii Sports should be enough for an evening or 2.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzomby
    I would like to URGE you not to buy Strikers as a party game for youre family and friends. I dont know wether they are gamers or not but if they arent ( even if they are ) they will probably have a lot of trouble to "get" mario strikers. Therers a lot going on there on the screen.
    Good advice. While this is a good game it does require taking the time to learn to play, much more than others, thus it would require everyone to be experienced playing this game for it to be a crowd pleaser.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberzomby
    Just get things like: Mario Party 8 ( This game can be challenging to non-gamers but even my mother in law likes to play it so... :P ) Wario Ware, Carnival and the likes. Wii Sports should be enough for an evening or 2.
    Good choice. Any game that is multi-player and quick to pickup and play are great choices. Keep that in mind unless the turn out is already experienced in a specific game like Strikers.

Good luck and have fun!

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    DDR : Hottest Party was a hit at the last Soir-Wii with just 2 dance pads. I am planning on getting enough to play 4 pads at the same time. Even the people not playing had fun trying to dance along or help the players.

I usually just play Wii Sport, Wii Play, or Brain Academy. I think Raymon Rabbids 2 will be a great party game with the better multi-player feature.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Ads