LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Gta

  1. #1
    WiiChat Member Zelda645's Avatar
    Member #
    14621
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Gta

    Is Grand Theft Auto 4 coming out for wii next year

  2. #2
    Senior Member CantGetAWii's Avatar
    Member #
    9325
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    6,418
    Friends
    34
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    No, sorry its not.
    Maybe in the future we will have a GTA game, but I doubt it.

    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner


    'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'


    Retired Moderator-[PM]


    Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

  3. #3
    Is A Diddy Kong User. Fire Flower's Avatar
    Member #
    24018
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London Ontario
    Posts
    884
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2617-4361-9813-7619
    Just get Godfather for now. GTA probably wont happen.



    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds.


  4. #4
    Retro Gamer KrisKhaos's Avatar
    Member #
    32382
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    319
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda645
    Is Grand Theft Auto 4 coming out for wii next year
    It's a rumor, however a lot of people are hoping for it. I'm personally pounding Rockstar's PR dept weekly with e-mails on this subject. At least, SOME sort of GTA for the Wii.

    Some think that the GTA4 delay has to do with problems with the PS3 development or a surprise Wii version. Personally I doubt there will be a Wii version of GTA4 but we could be getting the last of the "Stories" series with a GTA: San Andreas Stories title, but this is just a guess.

    I speculate that the reasons behind the delay might be Mr. Jack Thompson, who is ticked about one of the first mission's is to kill a lawyer. He's taking it personal and has already threatened legal action (even though he's been barred from doing so) and is taking it as a personal attack to himself. His claims come from the conclusion of this mission, before Niko shoots this lawyer, he says "Guns don't kill people, video games do." Mr. Thompson says this how it references to him. I wouldn't doubt that Jacko is trying to get GTA4 tied up in court and could be the 'cause of the delay.

    As far as GTA coming to the Wii, Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis is a MAJOR hint that we will see a GTA title, as it is powered by Rockstar's RAGE engine and is the official replacement to the previous engine found in the other GTA titles. With that now ported, we can almost safely assume a GTA release of some sorts for the Wii will be coming. It's just a matter of WHEN.

    Reggie has already pushed Take-Two/Rockstar's GTA to come on over to the Wii, stated like last year in an MTV interview, and all over the web people are signing petitions and crying out for it. It's only a matter of time.

    "Real Men Wii Standing Up"

  5. #5
    Wiichat Member nic7's Avatar
    Member #
    1061
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa, America
    Posts
    2,295
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Yeah, I'd say we will see some sort of spin off of GTA 4 on the Wii. Especially if the wii is still having this amazing success after they release GTA 4 next year.


    Thanks Star Striker for the sig.


    Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes


  6. #6
    Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    32112
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,842
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    we might get a remake fromthe other ones tho, so have some hope, just not much

    PSN ID: zapasant93



  7. #7
    Mario Kart here I come!!! jjrules352's Avatar
    Member #
    33185
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    france
    Posts
    177
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    if this came through all of my dreams will hav com through except for the Halo series.

    liv buy a wii and play it

    Mario strikers football Charged rules

    Even do I reaaali suck

    pm for for fc (europe only)


  8. #8
    Playin' Zack & Wiki Nintendo93's Avatar
    Member #
    32401
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada
    Posts
    275
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    It's a rumor, however a lot of people are hoping for it. I'm personally pounding Rockstar's PR dept weekly with e-mails on this subject. At least, SOME sort of GTA for the Wii.

    Some think that the GTA4 delay has to do with problems with the PS3 development or a surprise Wii version. Personally I doubt there will be a Wii version of GTA4 but we could be getting the last of the "Stories" series with a GTA: San Andreas Stories title, but this is just a guess.

    I speculate that the reasons behind the delay might be Mr. Jack Thompson, who is ticked about one of the first mission's is to kill a lawyer. He's taking it personal and has already threatened legal action (even though he's been barred from doing so) and is taking it as a personal attack to himself. His claims come from the conclusion of this mission, before Niko shoots this lawyer, he says "Guns don't kill people, video games do." Mr. Thompson says this how it references to him. I wouldn't doubt that Jacko is trying to get GTA4 tied up in court and could be the 'cause of the delay.

    As far as GTA coming to the Wii, Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis is a MAJOR hint that we will see a GTA title, as it is powered by Rockstar's RAGE engine and is the official replacement to the previous engine found in the other GTA titles. With that now ported, we can almost safely assume a GTA release of some sorts for the Wii will be coming. It's just a matter of WHEN.

    Reggie has already pushed Take-Two/Rockstar's GTA to come on over to the Wii, stated like last year in an MTV interview, and all over the web people are signing petitions and crying out for it. It's only a matter of time.
    We can only hope. I have my doubts the Wii can handle GTA 4 though.
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

    XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

  9. #9
    WiiChat Member Magus's Avatar
    Member #
    34782
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Florence, KY USA
    Posts
    19
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4377-8177-5933-7263
    They might have to dumb down the graphics and such for it, but I'm sure it could handle something -close- to GTA4...

    but if you need that open-world gameplay -now-, Godfather is seriously plenty enough, even though comparing it to say San Andreas is like comparing the DS to the Virtua Boy...it's so basic in its design, only a few building models, a few vehicle models, a few gun models...

    but even so it's almost refreshing to not have to worry about so many different variables in the gameplay (I remember one joke about San Andreas being something like "what's next? a Bladder gauge?" I can so imagine being stuck out in some gunfight because your character pissed his pants)...being able to just focus on the task at hand, and be nice and methodical about it, while still having the ability to advance the game almost as you see fit is great.

    but to answer the question, the fact that T2/Rox* is bringing titles to the Wii (even if it is -another- table tennis game!) gives hope that there will be -some- port of -some- GTA title to the Wii in the future. When, how, and what still are way up in the air.

    Cheers!
    I never ask you to understand, I only ask you to believe.

  10. #10
    Retro Gamer KrisKhaos's Avatar
    Member #
    32382
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    319
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo93
    We can only hope. I have my doubts the Wii can handle GTA 4 though.
    I dunno man, while it won't be nearly as pretty as the "other" consoles, however we can get an idea of what to expect on how well the RAGE engine handles on the Wii.

    [MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FRlOd6VEcmM[/MEDIA]
    This is clearly a joke, however the screen-shots are from the previous GTA series and can be viewed in comparison.

    GTA 4 Screen-shot #2


    Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis (Wii) #2


    Most the screen-shots of both games I've seen mostly focus on two different perspectives per each game. For instance, GTA4 shots love to show off the environmental aspects of the game while Table Tennis shows off more the avatar/characters. Now I can't say that the Wii is going to be able to seriously compete with it's "big brothers" (PS3 and 360) however the way this is looking the Wii just might be able to handle GTA4 with the environment effects dumbed down a little. Look closely and remember this is the same RAGE rendering engine, two different platforms.

    GTA 4 Screen-shot #2


    Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis (Wii) #2


    With that said what I see here is a lot of the same graphics potential minus the superior lighting, sadly this is really what makes the new GTA4 world come alive. We may be in for surprise however, and the Wii just may be able to pull off something decent with it's own lighting.

    To give a better comparison, let's compare the XBox 360's version of Table Tennis verses the Wii. Now game wise the simple fact that the 360 has superior online play puts the upcoming Wii title to shame , despite the Wii's superior control scheme which is perfect for a game like this. So let's look at it bit for bit shall we?

    Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis (Xbox 360)


    Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis (Wii)


    Man, look at that. You can almost see the individual threads on the 360 version, while the Wii... Wait a second, not seeing much difference here. Sure in HD we should expect more detail, however for the Wii being so "past-gen" it seems to be at least keeping up.

    I'm not saying this will last, however what I am saying is that games are just starting to use the full potential of the next-gen systems, and the same can be said for the Wii. What I see clearly is a possibility that the Wii could possibly play GTA4 or at least something close to it, definitely something more than San Andreas was last time around. Come time for GTA4:Vice City however, that may have to await the Wii 2 first.

    The worst thing you can do is under-estimate the Wii, as always the Wii is packed full of surprises.

    "Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

rockstar games presents table tennis wii t2

Click on a term to search for related topics.