Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i would like to say that

melee was the higest selling game for gamecube.

so i think brawl has a gr8 big chance of doing the same for wii

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    Quote Originally Posted by daviduk200
    u know some things u say make nooo sense

i mean i can compare apples and oranges,

for starters i dont like oranges i like apples. so then i think apples are better.
    apples are sweeter than oranges (oh look another comparison)
    oranges are orange apples are green/red (oh look another one)
    apples can be grown almost everywhere. oranges cant (another comparison)

so as for brawl and mario galaxy.

i like multiplayer games
    i dont like single player games as much (a comparison)
    Brawl is online Galaxy is not (comparison)

another example.

i hate Halo series
    i love Final fantasy.

so to me Final fantasy is better than halo

(oh wait i cant say that they are diffeerent types of games so therefore they are equally good as they cant be compared)
    dude, please, we know that this is a forum for expressing your opinion, but saying that you like something more than something else by no means makes it better, its called an opinion. stop sounding stupid. better to have people think you're a fool than to have opened your mouth and confirmed the fact.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The exact same thing was discussed about Metroid and the exact same thing will happen. I'm pretty sure Metroid's hype (commercials and channel) began 3 weeks away. Wait a few weeks, I garuntee that there will be even more hype than Metroid.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    we get pretty much zero adds here in aus. they will advertise a day before, the day of release and the day after and thats pretty much it. i mean phantom hourglass came out today or yesterday and i only saw a short add for it last night!
    and nah, brawls not stealing galaxy's hype, galaxy is going to be a great game and everyone knows it, the hype will start a bit closer to release.

Playing Disgaea 3, Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Watching Valkyria Chronicles, Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, FMA: Brotherhood

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Well contributing to the Galaxy vs. Brawl argument.

The reason Melee sold so well compared to Sunshine was because too many people (Me not being one of them) thought Sunshine was pretty Sub-par. Plus, melee was a launch title. I personallly think that Galaxy will get better reviews then Brawl. I'm more pumped up for Galaxy on average. In fact, even with all the Brawl news today, I was far more interested in a screenshot that showed Luigi might be in Galaxy in some shape or form.

Brawl will be epic. But Galaxy will need to be more epic. I mean, a lot is riding on Galaxy. Some Journalists are already comparing it to Super Mario 64 (Which still is the 3rd highest rated game of all time) The marketing for Galaxy must be spectacular. They must find a way to make it appeal to the casual crowd..(because god knows that the hardcore crowd doesn't need anymore enticing for this one) I would start hyping maybe as early as Halloween.

Brawl, on the other hand, has been marketing 5 days a week for nearly 4 months. Showing us little tidbits to keep are interest up. (And every once in a while releasing some megaton info such as subspace emissiary, online, co-op, sonic, and online co-op) Plus, no matter what spin you put on it, I can't see this game ever appealing to the casual. It just doesn't work.

Who wins sales?

Galaxy wins sales. It'll be close. But the casual audience gives it the win. I wouldn't be at all surprised though if these are the two highest selling games on the Wii without wii in the name.

Who wins reviews?

I'd expect, on average, Galaxy will recieve 9.4-9.7...
    Brawl will recieve 9.3-9.5. With one reviewer (Some might like to call it Gamespot) giving it a 8.9.. complaining of friend codes and saying it's exactly the same as previous titles but with a "better" campaign.

Who needs more marketing?

Galaxy. Brawl's been marketing forever and with the megaton of news today, people should no longer be on the fence on this one. They'll either want it or they won't.

These are my opinions.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Galaxy wins sales? I find this to be incredibly interesting. What makes you think that Brawl doesn't appeal to the casual gamer? I think it does so more than Galaxy. For every hardcore Brawler there will be atleast 10 noobs, I garuntee it.

With Wii outselling XB and Brawl being as good as it looks, I dont hope for it to outsell Halo, I expect it to. Galaxy is not even in the equation, imo.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    another example.

i hate Halo series
    i love Final fantasy.

so to me Final fantasy is better than halo

(oh wait i cant say that, they are diffeerent types of games so therefore they are equally good as they cant be compared)
    incase you didnt notice i said TO ME i never said to you that is showing that its my opinion.

and if i like something more than the other that makes it better TO ME

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Well SMG is definately up their for me. I also find it unusual that Nintendo dosen't advertise their products as much, but having said that in Australia I barely see any X360 or PS3 ads either.

Member #
    Friends
    Yellow pancakes on cups?

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    The reason the casual gamers will dig galaxy more is for the reasons Nic7 clearly pointed out ( +1 rep for you for that dude ! Exactly what I think )

Sunshine was considered mediocre. Galaxy is said to be the best game on the wii.

To point out the difference in both games do this:

First show Melee to a NON-GAMER than ask him to play it.
    Next show Sunshine and ask him to play it.

Chances are he can control mario in sunshine better than a character in brawl. Even bigger chance is that he KNOWS whats going on in sunshine while in a fight in melee hes like: WTF Just happened to my character and where the feck is my character?

I like to point out again that Im aking to play BOTH games ( Brawl and galaxy ) but Brawl is a lot more difficult for the non-gamers ( casual gamers ) They know galaxy ( hey its mario again! )

Does anyone have any numbers on how many pre-orders brawl has in Japan? Like I said earlier: Galaxy already passed the 700000 mark
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Ads