+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzomby
    The reason the casual gamers will dig galaxy more is for the reasons Nic7 clearly pointed out ( +1 rep for you for that dude ! Exactly what I think )

Sunshine was considered mediocre. Galaxy is said to be the best game on the wii.

To point out the difference in both games do this:

First show Melee to a NON-GAMER than ask him to play it.
    Next show Sunshine and ask him to play it.

Chances are he can control mario in sunshine better than a character in brawl. Even bigger chance is that he KNOWS whats going on in sunshine while in a fight in melee hes like: WTF Just happened to my character and where the feck is my character?

I like to point out again that Im aking to play BOTH games ( Brawl and galaxy ) but Brawl is a lot more difficult for the non-gamers ( casual gamers ) They know galaxy ( hey its mario again! )
    Does anyone have any numbers on how many pre-orders brawl has in Japan? Like I said earlier: Galaxy already passed the 700000 mark
    Thats an opinion, and for that matter, one that I have not heard from Nintendo.
    We weren't discussing anything about non-gamers, we were discussing about casual gamers. There is a world of difference
    While this, for the most part, is correct, I'd like to point something out. Many people think they are 'the best' at SSB. Why? No online. Every single noob who thinks they are the best in their group of friends thinks they are better than anyone. And BTW, when a noob plays a noob in SSB, it isn't that hard for them to (think they) understand. Just spam smash attacks and specials and whoever wins thinks they are the best.
    Again, this is only because you think they'll be playing someone good at SSBB. If Mario was two player than they'd be discorouged if they got owned by someone, too. However, if two noobs are playing than it isn't hard to grasp because, hey, they aren't doing well either.
    Simply put: Japan is a fanboy nation. This is expected, seeing as though Mario is the face of Nintendo.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Thanks for that good reaction ( +1 rep if I can still hand out rep )

I understand what youre saying. But you misunderstood me ( slightly )

In melee ( or brawl ) its not really a problem who you're fighting. Its the chaos that happends in every game. Characters jumping past each other ( characters in these series are smaller than in most other series ) so its hard to keep track. Add some items and explosions in the mix and its even harder to keep track of.

I know a bunch of people that own ps2's ( so they are casual gamers ) and when I trie and play smash brosh with them they got no clue whats going on. Heck even if you're a seasoned player you can miss whats happening on the screen every now and than

And I know we werent discussing non-gamers but my point was to prove that Galaxy is just an easier game to "get" or get in to. It doesnt matter wether you're a casual or non-gamer. There isnt much difference in there. It would be if you compared non-gamer to hard-core or even mediocre gamer.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Galaxy wins sales? I find this to be incredibly interesting. What makes you think that Brawl doesn't appeal to the casual gamer? I think it does so more than Galaxy. For every hardcore Brawler there will be atleast 10 noobs, I garuntee it.

With Wii outselling XB and Brawl being as good as it looks, I dont hope for it to outsell Halo, I expect it to. Galaxy is not even in the equation, imo.
    I know what you're saying here but I've got a feeling that Nintendo will put a spin on Galaxy that makes people think they have to buy it. Make it almost synonymous with the Wii in general. Just showing Mario jumping around doing flips, throw in a Wah-Whooo! and I can see it happening.

Melee actually sold 6 million worldwide and Sunshine sold 5.5. (In a less important note super mario 64 sold 11 million and smash bros. sold 4.9) And people thought Sunshine was dreadful! I mean, i think Galaxy will get better reviews then Brawl (Said that already) and I just think everyone will get this title..atleast eventually...but the same goes for Brawl...I don't know.. my heart still goes with Galaxy for sales. It's just got that something that screams sales. (Not saying that brawl doesn't..Galaxy just has more of it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tendo_GameCube

Mario is Nintendo's icon. If this game is as good as they hype pertrays, it'll sell more than brawl. It just will. In a way it's unexplainable, but it's a feeling.

But, I guess knowing my luck, I'll be way off and Brawl will outsell Galaxy 2:1. I just don't see it happening.
    Might be interesting to see other opinions..

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^So basically:

Mario64>SSB64=Mario64 sells better
    Sunshine<SSBM=Melee sells better

This round should be more interesting.

Galaxy=SSBB?

=???

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    haha that could happen as well. That both game will almost sell as good as another. That would be awesome
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i still honestly think brawl will outsell
    its just a gut feeling with the fact its being extremely hyped, way more than mario galaxy is anywway,

i dont care which is better seller though as long as i get them both and like them ill be happy

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    8463-4087-6135-8251
    yeah, I agree with you on that. If both are good, who cares about sales.
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Code:4639-8634-4092
    Super Mario Strikers: Charged: 180495-452629

Member #
    Friends
    Man, I'd break something to see some Mario Galaxy advertising. 9_9 like, a pencil...

Most advertising I see is the box arts on the "coming soon!" display in GameSpot. W/e that place is called. Used to be EB games. (liked that name better....)

I'm sure both games will sell a ton, there's no point in arguing over it... I hope the controls are so new that I'll feel like a newb again when I start playing. I miss that feeling! T_T

Currently Playing: Lunar Knights

Videogames like...run through my blood. Leik srsly.

Next on the list: FE:Path of Radiance (SHAH I'm lame and still haven't gotten it. XD)

Member #
    Friends
    Honestly, I don't think this game needs anymore advertising. It has enough hype as it is.

Member #
    Friends
    You're probably right. XD I just love seeing dem graphix on my TV screen. (part of the can't wait to play thing!)

If they do, it'll be love. If they don't... I will love that game anyway. <3

Currently Playing: Lunar Knights

Videogames like...run through my blood. Leik srsly.

Next on the list: FE:Path of Radiance (SHAH I'm lame and still haven't gotten it. XD)

Ads