LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4684-5443-6495-3972
    I'm curious what people have purchased with their medals that they're happy with. I've only bought the bobblehead (which rocks) and the Samus package, which is ok. Any suggestions on that front?

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    I'm stuck on Meroid right now, but I will eventually beat it.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

One of the Oceanic 6 TortillaChip520's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    @Dzapper: what part?

anyways, the MAIN point of scanning everything, and getting all the pickups, is to beat the game at 100%.
    Last edited by TortillaChip520; 10-14-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

GC8
    Member #
    Friends
    8760-3751-4820-7981
    you just need to get all the pickups to beat the game at 100% I thought...

Member #
    Friends
    4684-5443-6495-3972
    I think you're right, GC8. Scanning just seems to get you medals for buying those packages, which I'm still curious about. The Creatures 2 package is more expensive than Creatures 1 - does that mean Creatures 1 is included in Creatures 2? Or are those totally different?

Also, does anyone know what the maximum number of attainable medals is for each of the different colors?

Here's another question: If you spend all your medals, can you re-accumulate them?

Here's a note I found at mycheats.com regarding gathering all the pickups. I expect to reach the Nova Beam pretty soon so I'll be trying this on for size:

"You can acquire special map data that will show you the locations of every pickup in every area in the game (except the GFS Valhalla), but you'll need to be far along in the game beforehand; at least to the point after getting the Nova Beam.

First, go to Elysia SkyTown and enter the Chozo Observatory (the location where you had to get the first of the bomb fragments). A phazite plate will be on the side of the platform column on the floor. Shoot through it to find a touch panel to activate.

You'll then have to navigate the bomb-slot maze on the upper walls -- use your head and the Spider Ball! When all the slots are bombed/activated, your map data will now show Xs and Os. X indicates pickups you've acquired, and O indicates pickups yet to be found. If you want those bonus endings and/or the pride in fully completing the game, get ready to go hunting!"

Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50 Stallyon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    I've completed the game on novice with 100% pickups and replaying it on hypermode (basically every creature you meet is in hypermode). I've only got about 10 scans to get now.

You get extra credits for performing certain tasks - e.g. on the first ship when the pirates start to attack and your wandering round the corridors, you get credit for saving soldiers lives.

i've got the screen shot tool, the wii bobble head, the ship stickers and 2 of the dioramas.

think i'll play MP3 till GH3 is released (2nd November I hear)

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Member ....wiiiiiii.....'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5312-7293-3513-9932
    i think it is a disgrace to the video game's industry that one of the biggest game's every gets a huge delay for AUS and EU (jokes, i was a bit overdoing it there) but seriously, this is soo anoinggg. if it happenswith galaxy and brawl i will probably cream my pants in anger. is this game really worth getting, whats the replay vaue like?

Member #
    Friends
    4684-5443-6495-3972
    Stallyon - how do you know how many scans you still need?

Also, how did you locate all the pickups?

Member #
    Friends
    4684-5443-6495-3972
    The last boss is kicking my ass in veteran mode. I've been killed in this spot like 20 times already. I got the floating head down to where I only needed one or two more strikes and then it killed me. I almost threw my remote through the tv (on purpose!) when that happened!

If I'm having such a tough time here, I hate to see how hard hyper mode will be.

By the way, I purchased the bumper sticker package, and I would say that it is decidedly "eh".

No recommendations for other purchases?

Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50 Stallyon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstudios
    Stallyon - how do you know how many scans you still need?

Also, how did you locate all the pickups?
    i've no idea how to pick up all the scans - i've yet to get all the scans but only have about 7 left to get...on skytown if you go to the observatory you can boost up the side of the walls and bomb some switches which wil then unlock locations of items

Quote Originally Posted by pkstudios
    The last boss is kicking my ass in veteran mode. I've been killed in this spot like 20 times already. I got the floating head down to where I only needed one or two more strikes and then it killed me. I almost threw my remote through the tv (on purpose!) when that happened!
    the trick is to go full pelt at the red circle on his back...only thing is he is always facing ya...
    Spoiler Alert!
    Last edited by Stallyon; 10-17-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads