LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    I seriously suggest you consider what style of gaming you prefer, then look at the available console options. The 360 and PS3 offer about the same as far as gaming experience at this time, with the 360 having the better game library and the PS3 with more to offer in the future (maybe), the Wii is best experienced with more than one person.

With that said, review the feature lists and compile a personal list of characteristics that really stand out to you. For example; GameCube enthusiasts, casual gamers, and social gamers are more adapt to enjoying the Wii - even if Nintendo is trying to expand it's library to meet everyone's expectations. Traditional gamers who preference to typical button mashing style with enhanced graphics are going to preference the Xbox 360. The PS3 gamers are currently a unique group as there system has taken on some motion control along with the traditional style gaming, and of course the enhanced graphics as well.

Personally I consider the Wii a better complimentary system even if you preference the traditional gaming method. Having a Wii present at parties, family reunions, and just about any social gathering will make it worth it's meager $250 dollar price tag, and it's impressively small size makes it easy to transport with the proper carrying case. Once the system is connected you will have an almost instant crowd pleaser, as those who've played to those who thought they'd never like it will come swarming. So even if you don't make it as your primary choice system it still is not a waste of money by far.

Most importantly I would not base your purchase solely on the concept of what someone else says, but to really evaluate the system before moving forward. Double check your budget, look what each system has to offer, then decide for yourself which console will probably best suit you.

Note: If you have the option in your local area, check to see if video rental locations are willing to rent the game consoles as well. Most require a deposit, a small rental fee, and then you take it home to try it for yourself. If that is not an option, call local game retailers (such as GameStop/EBgames and Wal-mart) and ask if they have demo units on the floor available for play. If they do, you could then get some idea of what system will best suit your gaming needs.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Me Wif My Boxing Glove!!! Wii-Bhoy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4037-3554-3960-7367
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    you can hardly get them anywhere?! since when was that a GOOD thing?!!!
    Its Not A Good Thing If I Put It Across That Way In My Small Review Then Im Sorry For Confusin U Guys!

Thanks To Dan.Skater For The Awesome Sig!

Member #
    Friends
    I think the wii is the console of this time. Its the top selling console because of its unique appeal, brilliant marketing and lower price than its competition. Basically what I'm tryin to say is its not the best selling next gen console because it is the best next gen console.

I bought my wii in january and I have owned 15 games for it, the only games that I have found myself playing for more than a few weeks after buying are RE4 and the bowling on wii sports. As far as I am concerned the novelty factor on the majority of the games wear off within those first few weeks.

The reasons I opted for the wii over the PS3 and 360 are the lower price and the fact that I enjoy sports based games more than any other genre, I thought the wii was going to be the perfect console for sports. So far this has not been the case, no one has even managed to get golf right.

I am not particularly a nintendo fan so games like SSBB, MP3 and Mario Galaxy don't excite me at all. The game I am most looking forward to is Pro Evo 2008, the controls look like they will actually add a new experience to football games (unlike the gimmicky FIFA). However if Pro Evo fails to live up to expectations I'll be lookin to sell my wii.

I always intended the wii to be a stop gap until the PS3 gets better games and a significant price cut and I think alot of other people think the same way, the wii is the console of today, the PS3 is the console of tomorrow! IMHO!
    Last edited by Wh15ky; 10-16-2007 at 07:42 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    yo sonic is going to be so asume in smash bros. brawl now i hope thay have shadow,metel sonic,kokelz,ruge,tails,dr.e,ridley,dark sumas,roy,mark and young link the wii is the consle of tomarow imean grpics r good but mosin sensor is is trully futureistic
    Last edited by jasonshipl; 10-16-2007 at 07:46 AM.

A guy who ain't named Bob wiigotdawii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Don't finnish reading this post go buy one Now!!!
    Why are you still reading, GO!!!!
    Did you hear what I just said GO!!!
    You still here? Fine please yourself, but you should still get one!
    If I helped you, please rep me, leave your name and I'll rep you back (ya can't go wrong there)!
    All Hail The Wiiiiiii!
    Game to buy list (in order of importance to me)
    1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    2. Battalion Wars II
    3. Super Mario Galaxy
    4. Force Unleashed (Wii)
    5. Iron Man (Wii)

Member #
    Friends
    Hey thanks everybody for your reviews yall can continue to write reviews on the wii as much as youd like because i need as many reviews as possibe to get an even better idea of the wii . But thanks for everybody who gave me an review of the wii so far

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    if you're a solely hardcore gamer and money isn't an issue then it probably isn't the system for you. If you like games across many different genres then Wii is most likely your best bet(atleast it was for me). The PS3 is a much more powerful machine(obviously) however the lack of games and the steep price tag bother me right now(like others, and like Wh15ky said). As far as i'm concerned the Wii is just flat out fun, you can hardcore game(to an extent) or you can play games where you don't have to think much about what you're doing, for instance Wii play or Wii Sports or Rayman. Just sit/stand around and have fun with it without having to get too into the game.
    Also Wii is an incredible party system. Get a few friends together and see how competitive Wii Bowling can really be!!!
    If sports games are the top genre for you though, i wouldn't reccomend it, Madden on PS3 or 360 is going to look a whole lot better on your 19 foot plasma than it will on Wii. Also those games were designed for a PS type controller/platform not Wii(not yet anyway).
    So yeah, in my opinion it depends on what type of gamer you are and what type of games you like as well as how deep your pockets are, but then again if you have the money for the $700 PS3 as well as extra controllers and 20 games then you could probably afford to make an even wiser move and just buy both.

Kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Ads