LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    honestly, if you can justify spending 350 on a console, then 60 dollars on games go with an Xbox360. sounds like it will fit your son's gaming needs a lot better than a Wii will. but if you like the idea of the 250 price tag (us) than there are 2 tony hawk games available.

to answer your question about the Wii Remote, the nunchuch is an attachment that plugs into the remote, making it one complete controller, but for mini games like wii sports its not required, for full length games, 90% of the time you need the nunchuck.

there's a new star wars game coming otu for Wii (probably early next year) other than that i dont think theres a lego game on the Wii.

the console is very kid friendly and im you could deffinately have fun with it too. theres a few WWII shooters out and the new Medal of Honor is comint out in november so watch for that one (online, 32 players)

as far as war games for a five year old go stay away from call of duty 3, the "motion controls" on some of the parts (claymores, mortor controls) are gimicky and i had trouble with them for a while, they just ticked me off and im seventeen lol.

medal of honor: vanguard wasnt too violent though, he might like that. easy enough to control and play through.

umm thats about it, if u need anymore help just ask.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    really? since when?

anyways, youre better off getting a ps3 or 360. they have games like skate, the new tony hawk, star wars battlefront if it comes out on 360 but should def. come out on ps3. 360 also has plenty of ww2 shooters.

that should cover his star wars, ww2, and tony hawk needs for sure!
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    there's a new star wars game coming otu for Wii (probably early next year) other than that i dont think theres a lego game on the Wii. .

The star wars lego game will be out next month

http://wii.ign.com/objects/904/904614.html
    my wii number is
    8314 4155 7406 0563

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    you can also get a came cube controller or 2 which are about $15-$20 each and get the gamecube lego/regular star wars games to hold them off till the Wii edition comes out and those games are definitely available used so they're somewhere in the $20 ballpark.
    Generally every platform will have essensially the same thing, one might have a specific game like skate, but that doesn't mean the other platforms won't have similar games such as Tony Hawk. that goes for the not ultraviolent but still war games.
    Basically it comes down to what you feel like spending and how easily accessible the item is. As everyone here knows Wii's are a lot harder to find than an XBox 360 or PS3, but they also cost a decent amount less.
    Wii-$250
    Wii Play- $50
    Nunchuck-$20
    2 Game Cube Controllers- $40(total)
    so before going nuts on games you're looking at $360 for the Wii system but that's with an extra controller complete setup the Gamecube controllers and 2 different collections of minigames.

For a PS3 you're looking at a minimum of $450 for just the system and 1 controller- no games of any kind

For the XBox 360 you're looking at a min of $350, again 1 controller and no games- but you do get a headset(unless you can find a core system which from my limited XBox knowledge the no longer make(also from my limited knowledge of XBox, isn't microsolf releasing the revised XBox 360, i forget the new name of it, soon which unlike the regular 360 will NOT constantly break?)

it's basically up to how much money you want to spend versus how hard you want to look for the system. I've played all 3 and i have more fun playing Wii than the other 2 systems. All of them have their short comings though, wii with it's lack of online gaming, headset support, etc. but my opinion is that i'd rather wait for that than wait for my XBox to get done being repaired and PS3 just doesn't have all that many games out yet(atleast not that i'm overly interested in, i know that'll change in the future, which is when i'll start considering buying one.)

just my 2 hundreths of a dollar
    -Kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by smyth
    you can also get a came cube controller or 2 which are about $15-$20 each and get the gamecube lego/regular star wars games to hold them off till the Wii edition comes out and those games are definitely available used so they're somewhere in the $20 ballpark.
    Generally every platform will have essensially the same thing, one might have a specific game like skate, but that doesn't mean the other platforms won't have similar games such as Tony Hawk. that goes for the not ultraviolent but still war games.
    Basically it comes down to what you feel like spending and how easily accessible the item is. As everyone here knows Wii's are a lot harder to find than an XBox 360 or PS3, but they also cost a decent amount less.
    Wii-$250
    Wii Play- $50
    Nunchuck-$20
    2 Game Cube Controllers- $40(total)
    so before going nuts on games you're looking at $360 for the Wii system but that's with an extra controller complete setup the Gamecube controllers and 2 different collections of minigames.

For a PS3 you're looking at a minimum of $450 for just the system and 1 controller- no games of any kind

For the XBox 360 you're looking at a min of $350, again 1 controller and no games- but you do get a headset(unless you can find a core system which from my limited XBox knowledge the no longer make(also from my limited knowledge of XBox, isn't microsolf releasing the revised XBox 360, i forget the new name of it, soon which unlike the regular 360 will NOT constantly break?)

it's basically up to how much money you want to spend versus how hard you want to look for the system. I've played all 3 and i have more fun playing Wii than the other 2 systems. All of them have their short comings though, wii with it's lack of online gaming, headset support, etc. but my opinion is that i'd rather wait for that than wait for my XBox to get done being repaired and PS3 just doesn't have all that many games out yet(atleast not that i'm overly interested in, i know that'll change in the future, which is when i'll start considering buying one.)

just my 2 hundreths of a dollar
    -Kyle
    my god nintendo has you guys down good. not enough wii games? buy our old accessories and games from a system that near failed last gen!

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    2102-9498-1680-7204
    by the sound of what your saying you need eaithe playstation3 or Xbox 360
    wii code:2102 9498 1680 7204
    wii name:adam
    pm me to add me

Member #
    Friends
    0376-6435-4668-9489
    yes it is no questions asked period
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

~Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by oxhaker
    yes it is no questions asked period

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Its kind of funny that the Wii is often labelled as a 'kiddys console' yet there are lots of people here saying the 360 or PS3 would be better for 5 and 8 year olds.

No Skate on Wii. There are a couple of Tony Hawk games, i think they use controls similar to the other games except for waving the Wiimote to do tricks.

War games, Wii has Call of Duty and Medal of Honor: Vanguard. Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 comes out soon with an onrails option so you just point and shoot with the Wiimote, so it should be easier for little kids. Battalion Wars 2 looks like a suitable war game for kids too.

Godzilla: Unleashed comes out on Wii in November.

For Star Wars games the Wii is getting Lego Star Wars which is basically the 2 previous games combined and will let you wave the Wiimote for characters with lightsabers. There were also 5 Star Wars games on the Gamecube that can be played on Wii (including the excellent Rogue Squadron games).

There are lots of other kid friendly games on Wii as well, Mario games etc.

Im not sure about the range of games suitable for 5 and 8 year olds on 360 as the only 360 games that i really know of (other than multiplatform games) are Gears of War, Bioshock and Halo.

I wouldnt recommend the PS3 at all for 5 or 8 year olds, except for that it plays PS2 games. It seems more marketed towards multimedia users and mature gamers than kids.

If you are willing to spend PS3 kind of money though you could almost buy both a Wii and a 360 and have the best of both worlds.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    Its kind of funny that the Wii is often labelled as a 'kiddys console' yet there are lots of people here saying the 360 or PS3 would be better for 5 and 8 year olds.

No Skate on Wii. There are a couple of Tony Hawk games, i think they use controls similar to the other games except for waving the Wiimote to do tricks.

War games, Wii has Call of Duty and Medal of Honor: Vanguard. Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 comes out soon with an onrails option so you just point and shoot with the Wiimote, so it should be easier for little kids. Battalion Wars 2 looks like a suitable war game for kids too.

Godzilla: Unleashed comes out on Wii in November.

For Star Wars games the Wii is getting Lego Star Wars which is basically the 2 previous games combined and will let you wave the Wiimote for characters with lightsabers. There were also 5 Star Wars games on the Gamecube that can be played on Wii (including the excellent Rogue Squadron games).

There are lots of other kid friendly games on Wii as well, Mario games etc.

Im not sure about the range of games suitable for 5 and 8 year olds on 360 as the only 360 games that i really know of (other than multiplatform games) are Gears of War, Bioshock and Halo.

I wouldnt recommend the PS3 at all for 5 or 8 year olds, except for that it plays PS2 games. It seems more marketed towards multimedia users and mature gamers than kids.

If you are willing to spend PS3 kind of money though you could almost buy both a Wii and a 360 and have the best of both worlds.
    wii is a kiddy system cause its best games (which are from nintendo) are influenced by kids, therefore its "kiddy".

Ads