LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0340-3497-6441-4373
    hyping can either make or break a game because if the game get's hyped up insanely then people's hopes get really high and then they expect a lot. if a game that gets hyped up sucks then its a huge failure but if a game without hype fails noone knows....and if the games have no hype then noone is looking for much so if it's really good word gets out and it gets hyped by the fans.....so really its a risk for game company's to get too much hype into games

thats just my opinion on it

Henshin A Go Go Baby! Vedelkin10's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Yeah i sort of agree with you, But nintendo has its downs and ups, But these games arent just going to be just "OTHER GAMES" Lol as a big of a SSBB fan as i am, I can say that SSBM sold great even after a 2 year period, and it continues to sell good for how old the damn thing is, But yeah Nintendo has had alot of fall backs with it's delays, (You guy's know what im talking about) But Nintendo's intentions are always good, I think a new slogan for Nintendo should me..

"YOU OWN WII, YOU WAIT PATIENTLII"

The thing i love about ninendo is how they think ahead of the game, Notice the wii was cheap has great concept, And mainly Nintendo started to use they're brain for smartness that is DEEP within the skull's of every mario, But the point i was getting to about (How they think ahead of the game) Is that when the wii came out, You notice that They're has been no death light (reffering to 360's deathring day), There has been no need for price drop, and they know how work a game- Making it with good enough Next gen graphics,(and no im not talking about the ps2 stretch titles) and awsome gameplay.. All we gotta do is be patient.. The longer the wait the better the game, Who know's how long SSBB has been in development.. and that push back gave them time to add that special somthing which we will eventually find the reason to what it was delayed,

JUSS' GOTTA BE PATIENT..

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Wauw! I thought that zack and wiki was pushed back?

I agree with the above poster. Wait Wait Wait and one day you will have that fine game But that wasnt the topic.

Sometimes a game is going to sell itself. And just like someone said, hype it enough and the game will almost certainly fail.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    Advertising on TV and lots of magazines is hugely expensive, as is developing a half decent game. Alot of the smaller companies probably cant afford to do both and have to rely more on good/eye catching cover art, their website, and if theyre lucky some good reviews from high profile places like IGN and official Nintendo mag. Another thing to consider is that when Nintendo is advertising a game, its actually advertising the console as well, which because its a more expensive product needs more advertising.
    Last edited by mark84; 10-17-2007 at 04:30 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    1656-4947-1080-8284
    third party games advertise on their own accordance..
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

Member #
    Friends
    I thought BWII was getting good hype. Those other games will just be good games though. There's nothing epic about them while on the other hand, these two upcoming games are.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Member #
    Friends
    4270-2894-0054-0060
    I don't think whether a game receives enough hype or not really matters. When you go to the Video game store and browse, you will see ALL the games anyway, doesn't matter if it was hyped or not. Heck, I PREFER games to NOT be hyped anyway.

Look in profile for meaning to this flashy sig

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Hyping influences you whether to buy something or not...

But, all forgetting...

I need my Mario Kart, right freaking now.
    I love you, Adam.

Ads