LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I LOVED Mario Tennis...in fact, it's what got me started in real tennis. ^_^ My friend and I play it all the time to get strategies and see what we need to do in real life (e.g. lob over someone at the net). It actually really helps!

If you need a sig, feel free to contact me! I love makin em! ^_^
    Okay...so many people have been asking me for sigs lately, I'm a little behind. I'm currently not accepting any requests, don't worry, I'll be back on track in a few days! T_T

Member #
    Friends
    Yes! I liked it on GC and never got to play it on 64... Also played in on gameboy, I love Mario Tennis. X3 Can't wait to play doubles.

I don't know about Golf though. I ALWAYS suck at golf. ^^; So that's gonna wait. Other sports such as soccer, baseball, etc... I will play. But tennis is definitely my favorite.

Currently Playing: Lunar Knights

Videogames like...run through my blood. Leik srsly.

Next on the list: FE:Path of Radiance (SHAH I'm lame and still haven't gotten it. XD)

Mario Kart here I come!!! jjrules352's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I would mayby borrow it if it had online i wouldn't elswise unless it had goodreviews as i didnt really like the GC version.

liv buy a wii and play it

Mario strikers football Charged rules

Even do I reaaali suck

pm for for fc (europe only)

vote for me....Wario! wario2ooo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0162-6929-7214-8876
    hmmm...this one might have wifi too...i liked it on gc...but it got boring quick...if it was to come out...i'll think about
    SSBB= 2664-1935-2379
    Guitar hero 3= 283602180394
    Strikers FC= 236458-134911
    PBR CODE= 1678-1299-6385
    PKM FC=1847-8145-3579
    Guitar Hero WT: 000189824665
    TvsC: 4082-6902-6467

need help with anything, pm me
    I'm back....and bored

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by {Axtlár}
    Yeah, when this comes out I will buy it, it will be a lot better than Wii Sports Tennis since you actually can move your character as opposed to your character moving automatically following the ball, and I prefer sports games like these instead of realistic simulations, I mean why want a realistic simulation if you can go outside and play? Even if you are outta shape..
    There is a lot of complaint about the inability to move in Wii Sports tennis however I find there movement just fine. As long as you don't swing pre-maturely you can hit about 95% of anything sent towards you, so if they do make a Mario tennis the ability to manipulate there movement would be nice, and personally I would preference them not to force it.

As far as using the nun-chuck for movement, that would be insane. Think about that cord for a second with adult arm length, and what you would have is a disaster, especially if it's anything like Wii Sports tennis. I know some of you like to flick it however you have much more control over where that ball goes and does (such as applying spin) when you use much more solid movement, and the thought have having a cord attached to it would mean that something is going to give and something is going to either go airborne or break.

The best method would to simply use the directional pad to manipulate/force movement, and save the A or trigger button for a power stride. This stride then would allow you to dive or jump towards the ball with grater force and then your character is reduced to half movement for 2 seconds after, something like that would work nicely. Even applying a stamina tracking of some kind would work too, having your characters wear down after so long then "slow down" would make it interesting.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    I would buy it if it came out

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    There is a lot of complaint about the inability to move in Wii Sports tennis however I find there movement just fine. As long as you don't swing pre-maturely you can hit about 95% of anything sent towards you, so if they do make a Mario tennis the ability to manipulate there movement would be nice, and personally I would preference them not to force it.

As far as using the nun-chuck for movement, that would be insane. Think about that cord for a second with adult arm length, and what you would have is a disaster, especially if it's anything like Wii Sports tennis. I know some of you like to flick it however you have much more control over where that ball goes and does (such as applying spin) when you use much more solid movement, and the thought have having a cord attached to it would mean that something is going to give and something is going to either go airborne or break.

The best method would to simply use the directional pad to manipulate/force movement, and save the A or trigger button for a power stride. This stride then would allow you to dive or jump towards the ball with grater force and then your character is reduced to half movement for 2 seconds after, something like that would work nicely. Even applying a stamina tracking of some kind would work too, having your characters wear down after so long then "slow down" would make it interesting.
    i agree with you somewhat with the spin and what not, but after playing squash in super monkey ball(where the nunchuck is used for music), i would say this would work perfectly in mario tennis, you could still apply spin....i don't see why using movement would get rid of it

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    i agree with you somewhat with the spin and what not, but after playing squash in super monkey ball(where the nunchuck is used for music), i would say this would work perfectly in mario tennis, you could still apply spin....i don't see why using movement would get rid of it
    Yes, it would work great for those with short arm lengths, but once that cable exceeds the length of one's arm length is when we have disaster.

I'm 5'7", and it has been said that on average "the length of a man's outspread arms is equal to his height", and the nun-chuck cable is only 3.5 to 4 feet (1 ~ 1.2 m) long (wikiPedia, never measured it). The average height of a male in the US is 5' 9.2" (females 5' 3.77") for 20+ males, so do the math.

-EDIT-
    (Corrected the first sentence, sorry.)
    Quote Originally Posted by wario2ooo
    hmmm...this one might have wifi too...i liked it on gc...but it got boring quick...if it was to come out...i'll think about
    Yes, Wii Sports lacking Wi-Fi is one of the major drawbacks from the game personally, and somewhat has spoiled the fun of Wii Sports tennis for me. I am so tired of playing "Sara" and "Elisa", and nobody wants to challenged me locally. shesh....
    Last edited by KrisKhaos; 10-18-2007 at 01:35 PM.

Del fuego he resurgido {Axtlár}'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    Well, there is no reason to swing your arm outstrecthed like that, it's a game, it's not real tennis, you can still hit hard and not having to stretch your arm like that, heck you can simply swing your wrist, have you played Metroid Prime 3? youd don't have to have the hand outstretched to aim good, you just sit back and shoot in a relaxed manner.
    Last edited by {Axtlár}; 10-18-2007 at 01:35 PM.

The end is near....Or is it the beginning?
    it's THE BEGINNING of an endless fall into a precipice of epic Brawling fun.
    Add me to Brawl:
    FC: 317957548849
    User name: AXTLR
    if you added me, send me a pm with your code too, please.

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by {Axtlár}
    Well, there is no reason to swing your arm outstrecthed like that, it's a game, it's not real tennis, you can still hit hard and not having to stretch your arm like that, heck you can simply swing your wrist, have you played Metroid Prime 3? youd don't have to have the hand outstretched to aim good, you just sit back and shoot in a relaxed manner.
    Really? If you keep the nun-chuck in the upwards position towards the chest sure but to allow the other hand to go in to it's natural relaxed state would still be problematic.

I'm left handed, and when the nun-chuck falls in my right arm's natural state I cannot extend the Wii remote above my head with out tugging the nun-chuck cable, and I am below average height. So again if you are short enough, keep your movement to a minimum and cradle the nun-chuck with your arm bent to your chest it would work. Likewise, I highly doubt people will stay in this position.

I have a friend who is 6 foot something and already can yank the nun-chuck from his other hand if he attempts to emulate a full swing on Wii Sports boxing, so when he plays he keeps his movement short and doesn't fully extend his reach when he's over and playing.

Ads