Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0423-8829-8601-2645

Medal of Honor H2 online controls?

I've been looking at footage of MOH : H2 online, and I'm wondering, is the target controlled by the wiimote?
    Just wondering as it looks very "steady" with no shake or slight random-ness you get with the pointer.. unless there is slighlty lowered sensitivity?

I read that it uses the zapper, but I'm not sure im convinced.
    Logic says it has to, because otherwise the target would be controlled by the nunchuck, then how would you move?! But it just looks so steady..

Compare it to the arcade on rails mode, that is the movement I would expect to see.

My research skills are far from impressive, so someone might be able to prove me wrong (i hope) easily.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Logic says that if they are pairing the zapper up with the game, then the pointer is controlled by the remote. Just like in the shooting game on Wii Play. Maybe you should get Wii Play and practice on keeping a steady hand.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Member #
    Friends
    0423-8829-8601-2645
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSix
    Maybe you should get Wii Play and practice on keeping a steady hand.
    I have no problems with the gun or steadyness. I used to play the hell out of time Crisis in the arcade, crack shot ;-)

::I'm not looking for an arguament by the way, if my writing style comes across that way, apologies.::

Just looking at the videos the movement of the on-screen target is not synomynous with free-hand movement, in my eye, it looks more like something you would see from a game like goldeneye on the N64.. ie controlled with an analogue stick..smooth and relatively slow.

If you watch the movie below, compare the movement of the target on the first part of the footage, to that of the "Arcade mode" and you can notice how much more free and eratic the target is, and how much more of the screen it covers.

Like I say, I may be wrong, and hope people prove me wrong.. maybe its just the different guns have different amount of sensitivity/movement/etc depending on their size (machine gun compared to a hand gun for example)

[MEDIA]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/822861/medal_of_honor_heroes_2_trailer[/MEDIA]

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Well, I think it's normal. If you go back and play Metroid Prime 3 you'll see the pointer is pretty steady (unless, of course, it's just you.)

But according to IGN, you'll have calibration options and you'll be able to adjust the dead-box or dead-zone or whatever it's called.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    0423-8829-8601-2645
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicB
    Well, I think it's normal. If you go back and play Metroid Prime 3
    now theres's a reason to buy it
    Ok well maybe I'm just being paranoid. I will still be buying it!

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    What, you've never played Metroid Prime 3? I was one of those people who never really got into Metroid, but it was a great game!

It's the first first-person... perspective, I said perspective... to get the controls right on the Wii.

And Medal of Honor: Heroes II should have good controls as well considering it's almost fully customizable. You can change how fast you turn or how much you can move the cursor without moving the screen.

Just adjust and tweak how you see fit.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    The only time I see that they use the chuck to control aiming is with the bazooka.

On rail games at the arcade that I play, you usually have a gun and just point at the target. It seems to me that MOH:H2 will be the same as that. There is another video on the web that shows people using the Zapper on Link's Crossbow Training. In it, you can see them using the joystick on the chuck to move, but still pointing the gun for the targeting.

Not trying to be argumentative either, just being a smart as with the "logical" comment.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Ninja? I'm a Pirate! Yarr Secumfex's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6205-5687-4726-5914
    If you mean the Crosshair that's just because of the player in the video. He held the crosshair still very often, maybe he's an unexperienced player, but also the clips were very short, so most times you saw him shoot at an enemy and then hold the crosshair still to watch the enemy go down.
    There was just not enough going on to wave the wiimote around as much as he did in the arcade mode where the perspective is always moving and enemies shooting from everywhere.

You will, how ever, control the game via the Wiimote, not with an analog stick. You point and shoot, easy as it. So if you want, you can move the crosshair as much and as freely as in the arcade mode.

feel free to add me to your Wii, but don't forget to PM me

how about some rep for good posts

The search function is your friend. Do not ignore your friends. They get cancer and die and it is your fault.

Member #
    Friends
    0423-8829-8601-2645
    well thanks for confirming Secumfex and yes, i meant the crosshair just could not remember the term!!

I'm really looking forward to this game, and knowing the controls are customisable is such a massive plus.

Oh and no, never played any of the metroids. I may pick it up, if I manage to complete Resident Evil before MOH is out (i get around an hour a week on my wii at the moment due to work )

Member #
    Friends
    I think you are a wii bit crazy cause that video didn't even sit still long enough for you to see how steady of aim they had. I would have to say the video shows no evidence of any control. But guess what, I bet you $100,000,000 that the reticle is controlled by the IR...
    Battalion Wars FC: 189 093 449 178

Ads