+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr.Mariio

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848

Dr.Mariio

Dr. Mario & Bacteria Extermination is a puzzle video game starring Dr. Mario in development for WiiWare, a service launching for Nintendo's Wii in Japan in March 2008.

The title supports the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service, allowing players to compete with one another over the Internet. Players can also use their Mii characters instead of Mario characters during gameplay. Dr. Mario & Bacteria Extermination also features a version of the Nintendo DS title Brain Age 2's "Bacteria Extermation" mini-game, which now allows up to four players to participate cooperatively
    Dr.Mario, an old gamer favourite is set to return next year as one of the flagship WiiWare titles.

Nothing much is new here from the original.

The new features include Mii integration so you can hide that ugly looking italian plumber with that beautiful big headed thing that is you.

Due to how things change Dr.Mario has joined the 21st century and gave us that wi-fi goodness that people plead for.

It is not known at this point if we will be having to deal with friend codes but you can bet your cotton socks we will.

Also new is an added is a second puzzle game known as extermination.

Is it worth the purchase people may ask, well it is to early to judge now, lets wait till we see some more and have a idea of the price range.

However for fans of the series this is a must buy for the online multiplayer alone.

Thanks for reading - Cappin'

Image Source

Source

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    This will probabbly be the first bit of WiiWare I'll get. I love Dr.Mario its an awesmoe game and it looks awsome and it has online . Definatly worth the Wii Points imo...speaking of Wii Points do you know how many its gonna be to download, not only Dr.Mario but all WiiWare titles? Is it gonna be different for each title or will it be the same for each piece of software (like they've done with VC games)??

JT.
    Member #
    Friends
    For 500 points, I'll get it. More than that, probably not.

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Looks pretty good.
    Thanks for sharing.

Loved the first one!

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    The price of WiiWare games is not known at this point, all we know is that the final fantasy wiiware title is 1500, I would expect that game to cost more then others though.

On the other hand I would expect POP to cost no more then 500.

We will have to wait and see.

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    I got a Super NES because of the original back in the day, and look forward to checking out the new one. (Not a Super NES version, however my parents was willing to trade my NES + Dr.Mario so I could get my SNES. ) I doubt it will be a meager $5 (500 points), I'm thinking it will be in the $10 range (1000 points) personally. Predictions?

I've heard there was also a N64 version made along with the original 8bit version as well, however it's low price tag and online play-ability may make it worth it even if you wasn't a fan of the original. Speaking of original, I suspect the classic versions will also become available around the time of it's release?

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    this looks awesome i'm def gonna buy it

formerly known as wii-fi

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    I got a Super NES because of the original back in the day, and look forward to checking out the new one. (Not a Super NES version, however my parents was willing to trade my NES + Dr.Mario so I could get my SNES. ) I doubt it will be a meager $5 (500 points), I'm thinking it will be in the $10 range (1000 points) personally. Predictions?

I've heard there was also a N64 version made along with the original 8bit version as well, however it's low price tag and online play-ability may make it worth it even if you wasn't a fan of the original. Speaking of original, I suspect the classic versions will also become available around the time of it's release?
    You may be correct, as they done with metroid's release.

Yes, I predict this game will be 1000-1500 as the final fantasy game which may I say will be much more detailed and epic is 1500.

Member #
    Friends
    I am definitely thinking about purchasing this one, especially because of the colourful backgrounds.
    Anyway, thanks for the update.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    7236-5661-5674-5774
    zOmg, I'm so excited about this. I love Dr.Mario and playing it on my Wii will be quite epic. Thanks for the update.

Ads