LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Junior Member bdkennedy1's Avatar
    Member #
    36114
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Disappointing Selection of Games

    Finally after almost a year, I found a Wii system at my local store. I bought 2 systems, one for me and one for my uncle.

    The next day, I went around to local stores to stock up on games. One in particular, NHL. Well, there are no hockey games, period. There's no Superman, and there's not much else.

    At first I thought the stores gave the extra shelf space to the XBox 360 because of preference, but after looking at the game list on the Wii site I know why they didn't carry much. It's because there isn't much to carry.

    I appreciated the potential of the system. It looked like a lot of fun with the revolutionary remote and backward compatibility with my GameCube. But I don't think I can keep this system while games only continue to trickle in. The Wii web site has only 3, 3 upcoming games.

    I don't think I can sit by and play my old GameCube games over again while my friends with XBox 360's have all the fun.
    Last edited by bdkennedy1; 10-21-2007 at 09:36 PM.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Brawl user = Ninja Gampla's Avatar
    Member #
    35452
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    199
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Word Up xD

  4. #3
    Fusion Mongle Z3wpk's Avatar
    Member #
    35315
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    667
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4826-4175-7020-5555
    your thinking very very wrong. First thing I have to say is that for some reason (at least for me) Wii games aren't the best to be stocked in stores everywhere. Second, Wii games come in waves big ones trickles happen in between and you just happened to buy your wii just about when a very good wave is gonna happen just go look for upcoming games somewhere i dont feel like listing. Third, like it seems like you are judging too quickly. And finally fourth is that you seem to have a very specific taste like you said no superman (kinda random) and one hockey game. Its only been a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by GC8
    you are incredibly fast at responding...
    GH3 Code:455381349557
    SSBB Code:0430-7946-8146
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    We have ignition Sister.

    I love you idjut for this sig!!

  5. #4
    the best kid! samXcor3's Avatar
    Member #
    34872
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,457
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkennedy1
    Finally after almost a year, I found a Wii system at my local store. I bought 2 systems, one for me and one for my uncle.

    The next day, I went around to local stores to stock up on games. One in particular, NHL. Well, there are no hockey games, period. There's no Superman, and there's not much else.

    At first I thought the stores gave the extra shelf space to the XBox 360 because of preference, but after looking at the game list on the Wii site I know why they didn't carry much. It's because there isn't much to carry.

    I appreciated the potential of the system. It looked like a lot of fun with the revolutionary remote and backward compatibility with my GameCube. But I don't think I can keep this system while games only continue to trickle in. The Wii web site has only 3, 3 upcoming games.

    I don't think I can sit by and play my old GameCube games over again while my friends with XBox 360's have all the fun.
    i feel you on the hockey, however i think the problem is there are way more crap games for wii, so it makes it seem like there are no good ones.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

    thanks to idjut for the sig!

  6. #5
    Fusion Mongle Z3wpk's Avatar
    Member #
    35315
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    667
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4826-4175-7020-5555
    Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    i feel you on the hockey, however i think the problem is there are way more crap games for wii, so it makes it seem like there are no good ones.
    another good point you just have to have a good eye or just ask around
    Quote Originally Posted by GC8
    you are incredibly fast at responding...
    GH3 Code:455381349557
    SSBB Code:0430-7946-8146
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    We have ignition Sister.

    I love you idjut for this sig!!

  7. #6
    Junior Member bdkennedy1's Avatar
    Member #
    36114
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I have to judge quickly. I have 15 days to decide to return the system, or risk keeping it to play possibly 4 games.

    I wouldn't say I have specific taste, but expected taste. No NHL? Really? There's a Ping Pong game but no NHL? Superman is on every other console, including the old Playstation 2.

    Many of the Wii games are rehashes of what Nintendo has done over and over again. Donky Kong this, Mario that.

    I've been a Nintendo fan since the 80's, but come on. Even the first Nintendo had more games.

  8. #7
    Wii Fanatic Maximo's Avatar
    Member #
    11306
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mckeesport,PA
    Posts
    616
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    only 3 good games coming he says....are we looking at the same release list i can see at least 10 good games coming between now ,and the end of the year. Give it time for the hockey game ,but come on Superman....please has there ever been a superman game that was good. i find the Wii has plenty of games ,and good ones at that unless you consider only shooters/bloody/violent games to be good then no the wii doesnt have too many of those ,but then again if thats your preference your owning the wrong system.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

    Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

  9. #8
    Fusion Mongle Z3wpk's Avatar
    Member #
    35315
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    667
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4826-4175-7020-5555
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkennedy1
    I have to judge quickly. I have 15 days to decide to return the system, or risk keeping it to play possibly 4 games.

    I wouldn't say I have specific taste, but expected taste. No NHL? Really? There's a Ping Pong game but no NHL? Superman is on every other console, including the old Playstation 2.

    Many of the Wii games are rehashes of what Nintendo has done over and over again. Donky Kong this, Mario that.

    I've been a Nintendo fan since the 80's, but come on. Even the first Nintendo had more games.
    by the way superman sucked for the PS2 but all you have to do it wait a little bit since guitar hero 3, super mario galaxy, bwii, brawl (feb god dammit), medal of honor heroes 2, resident evil, fire emblem,and mario kart (not for a while) is all i can think of off the top of my head now
    Quote Originally Posted by GC8
    you are incredibly fast at responding...
    GH3 Code:455381349557
    SSBB Code:0430-7946-8146
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    We have ignition Sister.

    I love you idjut for this sig!!

  10. #9
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    There's a lot more than 3 games coming up. Look here:

    http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/200...-games-coming/


    Nearly 80 games between October and the end of the year. And more after that of course.

  11. #10
    Wiichat Member nic7's Avatar
    Member #
    1061
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa, America
    Posts
    2,295
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Your the deffinition of a poor consumer. You obviously should have known what you were getting into when you purchased the system. I mean you seriously had a whole year to research what games you wanted and you completely neglected to do that. You should have known what you were getting into.

    Why didn't you purchase a 360? Your friends hat it, Its got NHL, and oh boy it's got that absolutely horrible superman game..yes!

    Return your wii, give it to a little kid who plays zelda, metroid, and mario (And who I respect more than you), and go buy yourself an xbox 360...
    Last edited by nic7; 10-21-2007 at 10:53 PM.


    Thanks Star Striker for the sig.


    Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts