Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Because Matt said so? I highly doubt that this (or any game in the near future) will have more accessable controls than MP3.
    Accessible? The point is they are customizable. Virtually every decent FPS reviewer has had some complaint about one control scheme or another. Too tight, too loose, too much free aim, not enough. Customizability is vital to the success of the IR control scheme.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Adjusting the sensitivity of the controls are one thing, but how exactly is this going to be much better? I'm assuming it'll help for some people, but I have never in my life of any FPS gaming did I ever had to adjust the senstivity. And plus MP3 controls were almost as perfect as you can get...wondering how they're going to top that.
    The Wii Effect - a look at Nintendo's epidemic

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    I bet no fps games used a pointer controller like the wiimote?

With a mouse I never had to adjust the sensitivity. Because the mouse is on a solid surface and you can steer youre screen with fast or slow movements.

With a remote/pointer that is very light and only in your hand its going to be difficult in making that shot.

I just bought metroid prime 3 and I cant shoot very accurate while im running. Guess its just gettin used to. But its very different than controlling an fps with the mouse
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by WingGunner
    Adjusting the sensitivity of the controls are one thing, but how exactly is this going to be much better? I'm assuming it'll help for some people, but I have never in my life of any FPS gaming did I ever had to adjust the senstivity. And plus MP3 controls were almost as perfect as you can get...wondering how they're going to top that.
    It's not for everyone. It's for people who are going to invest serious time playing it online, not just 8 hours on the campaign.

Players who are less serious about precision and speed can just use default controls and be perfectly happy. Players who are more hardcore will want to tweak the settings.

However, it's not just about adjusting "sensitivity"--several games have some sensitivity adjustment. Bounding boxes are something new to FPSs. They've been used in RTS for a long time, but with more room for error. In an FPS, the dead zone area is going to be a very personal thing for a lot of players. Not having customization available is no longer acceptable. EA Canada did good.
    Last edited by Wiinter; 10-25-2007 at 04:26 PM.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    this game has a great future ahead of it, this is gonna be a seller

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    you bet zap, i've been saying for ages that this is the defining fps shooter for the wii. I envy 360s b/c of halo, but if this game looks as good as it plays, there's no going back to the old controller.

formerly known as wii-fi

the guy below- HES BACK!! Wiitime's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    cant wait... Im waiting for IGN to post more things about it..... I havent tried a FPS on the wii like the other medal of honor, i have metroid but i never really got into it.. but i cant wait for this.. its going to rock... next week or this weekend i plan on going to reserve it!
    Mario Strikers Charged Code 034466 539783

If you add me, let me know and i will add u..
    BRAWL CODE-2921 8742 9329

Spoiler Alert!

Ads