Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingus
    ^ What? come on, do they think that people have no friends. If I want to play online I won't be looking towards MoH for that, I'd rather play BF2 with 64 people online and with Choppers, Tanks, Cars, and Airplanes, and yet better graphics.
    I love it when people assume that their situation is universal to everyone else. MOH isn't exactly my first pick for online either--especially one as generic as Heroes, but given the dearth of online shooters for Wii, and the particular expertise of the dev team that made it, it was a wise decision to focus on that feature. Not everyone has a gaming PC, indeed, not everyone even likes "lean forward" PC gaming. Further, not everyone agrees that PC controls are actually better than a finely tuned Wiimote control system. Finally, even people who do have gaming PCs, like PC gaming, and prefer the mouse and keyboard controls might still like to have an online shooter (of any genre) on their Wii.

It's fair to complain that it doesn't fit your needs. But arguing that the Heroes features makes no sense at all (or at least, for anyone who "has friends"), especially with the limited resources this dev team has compared to their Airborne brethren, well, that isn't fair.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    Finally, even people who do have gaming PCs, like PC gaming, and prefer the mouse and keyboard controls might still like to have an online shooter (of any genre) on their Wii.
    /raises hand

I LOVE bf2142 !! But I would LOVE to take my wii online with a nice fast paced spray and pray game like MOHH2

I cant wait for this game. I dont mind the no split screen. Yes its sad when you got some friends over ( doesnt really happen that much and the friends I do get over dont want to play games. My friends group is a no gamer group ) So Im happy I can get myself some decent online games ( BwII Mohhh )
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    Hey, his blog has been updated, and this time with a couple videos.
    Good stuff!

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/...ign-in-action/

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Nice to see those videos
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    what do they mean only over WiFi? whats the difference? Would that mean that only local wiis can play against you? And if so, how local are we talking? If local means within 2 or 3 miles, then i would seriously reconsider this game.

Member #
    Friends
    is it not online then?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    what do they mean only over WiFi? whats the difference? Would that mean that only local wiis can play against you? And if so, how local are we talking? If local means within 2 or 3 miles, then i would seriously reconsider this game.
    The Wii Wi-Fi connection is the internet. You can play against anyone over the internet. It has nothing to do with how close they are to you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiMario
    is it not online then?
    Of course it's online. What some people are disappointed about is that you cannot play a 2 player game on the SAME console. It only does 2 player matches over the internet.

Ads