LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2352-9528-8372-8013

Spore coming to Wii and DS

Here is an interview that also states Spore is being created for the Wii and DS. (sorry the other thread was too old to reply to)

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=16009

Will Wright (creator of SimCity, Sims, and Spore) did an interview with a british newspaper and it was posted over at gamasutra.com (see link above)

In the interview he praises the Wii for being next-gen due to its innovation and ability to grab new players.

“The only next gen system I've seen is the Wii – the PS3 and the Xbox 360 feel like better versions of the last, but pretty much the same game with incremental improvement,”

Asked what game set-up he had at home Wright answered: “We've got an Xbox 360 collecting dust in the background, a Wii hooked up that we use quite a bit. I don't have a PS3. I still, for the most part, prefer playing games on the computer – to me the mouse is the best input device ever.”

“Every generation it's like ‘the PC's dead! The PC's dead!’. But it carries on growing when consoles are flat for five years. At the moment I can get better graphics on my PC than I can on the PS3,” said Wright.

Wright’s personal platform preferences can seen to be reflected in his games, with his major titles such as SimCity, The Sims and the forthcoming Spore all being primarily developed for the PC. However, SimCity did prove an influential hit on the SNES and versions of Spore are planned for both the Wii and Nintendo DS.
    Current Favorites:
    Games - MP3, RE4, Scarface, NMH, GW:G
    Music - Addison Groove Project, Calexico, J5
    Anticipated Games - SPORE, Lost Wind, Rygar
    --------
    Winter Solider Iraq Testimonies - democracynow.org/features/winter_solider
    --------
    SSBB Code - 2750 0855 8502 | BWII Code - 451 086 547 313

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    This is old news! It was said like a year ago that it is highly likely that spore would appear on other consoles.

I hope the wii gets a full version of spore. That way I can still play the game when my laptop cant play it lol
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    cool, thats the one where you create your own planet and creatures and stuff right?
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

6ix
    Member #
    Friends
    sweeet

Your Chocolate Lady Gamer Essence's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3379-0790-9079-0187
    YAY! Now, I am really happy about this! I knew that it would be too hightech for the pc. I cant wait to get my hands on this!
    Endless Ocean Friend Code: 5423-8081-2834

Animal Crossing City Folk: 4211-6465-1659 <---This is about to change as I have a brand new wii system.

Animal Crossing Wild World: 3223-8018-1003

Xbox Gamertag: BlaqueEssence

Playstation Gamertag: BlaqueEssence

*My 3DS Friend Code: 0387-9253-6784*

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Yup you can create everything!! Even more than in mysims
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Ads