Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Quote Originally Posted by Essence
    You didnt have to go as far as call me hypocrital, Cyber. I was just stating based on experience and what I have observed so far. But, you all know more than me. So, excuse me. That was what the person tried to prove to me. That I was wrong. Well...there ya go.
    Dont take it like that Essence I wasnt trying to be mean. I was just calling you that in a friendly argument Everything is still cool

Besides my english is rubbish so I didnt knew hypocrital is a "rude" or "bad" word. Sorry!
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm pretty sure the only major feature that would be taken out, would be the ability to make user content, and to share it (if there is any of that in this game to begin with). All the stages of evolution will be there, as that's the point of the game. I really don't see them taking out the space portion, for example, because that's one of the major five components. Graphics will obviously be lesser on the Wii version, but that's not really taking any of the meat out of the game.

The DS version will be the one that gets stripped down IMO.

Member #
    Friends
    You guys are forgetting that the entire game is procedural. Meaning that EVERYTHING can be defined by a (relatively) small text file. The machine your playing Spore on will create the textures and create the worlds in the Uni, it doesn't have to be saved or stored it can be created on the fly.

Look at it like this, the Spore game (on the DVD) is an engine that takes the text files (or whatever format file Will decides or creates) and displays them. The universe, creatures, landscapes, etc will all be tiny files that tell the various parts of the engine HOW to create an object. So there is no techincal reason why the universe would be any different between the PC and console versions. With that said however, it the various port universes need to be or are kept seperate, then the platform with the largest sales will have the largest (and therefore most feature complete) universe.

So as far as features between the various systems, I would expect the Wii to have a smaller sight radius and maybe less complex textures and (obviously) lighting/particle effects, but other than that, I would expect the game to be exactly the same.

Super Mario Bros. MASTA! Doc141's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2478-2768-0821-6129
    WIthout a doubt the Wii version will be dumbed down. Wii lacks the hard drive to do the things the PC version is doing.

I love Mario....

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo
    I'm pretty sure the only major feature that would be taken out, would be the ability to make user content, and to share it (if there is any of that in this game to begin with). All the stages of evolution will be there, as that's the point of the game. I really don't see them taking out the space portion, for example, because that's one of the major five components. Graphics will obviously be lesser on the Wii version, but that's not really taking any of the meat out of the game.

The DS version will be the one that gets stripped down IMO.
    That is exactly what I think as well. I am sure that the Wii is just as capable of handling this game as any PC.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    I agree, I think Wii can handle it. I cant see why there would be any difference - other than graphically - keep in mind depending on your graphics card anyway you personally might not see much difference at all.
    As Maleko pointed out before me the game is procedural. When you look at the galaxy stage with its huge universe its little more than a pretty picture until you interact with it, at which point the processing starts. I dont see any reason for it to be dumbed down - as far as I remember the only 'online' element to the game is having other peoples creatures download to your machine, each creature file is only a couple of Kb, so even with the very limited storage capacity of the Wii hundreds of life forms would take up very little space.

Ads